Post Your Motorcycle

Got my class in 2 weeks it can't get here fast enough. Also what are your thoughts on the icon stryker vest I'm debating on getting me one.

Got my class in 2 weeks it can't get here fast enough. Also what are your thoughts on the icon stryker vest I'm debating on getting me one.

Jacket is better than vest and vest is better than nothing. Usually vests are meant to be worn underneath jackets that may not have protective pads. I say go for a good jacket if you can. If not at least get the vest.

What do you guys wear for summer protection? I was riding gearless last year as a noob, but recently been feeling super vulnerable without a jacket. To the point where it's affecting my riding abilities because I'm afraid of going too fast. It's making my ride not as enjoyable in the summer compared to fall riding when I had on a leather jacket.

What do you guys wear for summer protection? I was riding gearless last year as a noob, but recently been feeling super vulnerable without a jacket. To the point where it's affecting my riding abilities because I'm afraid of going too fast. It's making my ride not as enjoyable in the summer compared to fall riding when I had on a leather jacket.
mesh jacket...

one I've been using

Last edited:

At the very least a mesh jacket like others have said, or better textile.

In very hot weather I wear my Dainese Super Speed jacket, in warm to cold weather I put on my Dainese Avro leather jacket (with or without liner).

I would rather sweat than need skin grafts should anything happen.

Walter..

I dont trust Mesh...melts way too fast.
And trust me you dont want to deal with melted mesh AND road rash.
Textile is better and pretty good for low speed get offs but will still shred under prolonged contact.

My textile SS jacket i crashed in last year.

Im now riding in a old Icon leather i got off a buddy but sometimes will go without it and squid it up on really hot days if im only doing short local trips.
Always gloves and helmet though.
Feels wild uncomfortable riding without em.

Yeah, I got a pretty well ventilated mesh/textile jacket with built in armor for the super hot days. I also have a thinner leather jacket that I ride in. I don't really have any real riding pants, just normal jeans. I should invest in better gear.

On that note, I don't know how dudes ride without helmets in other states. I tried riding in my dad's half-helmet once and I felt crazy vulnerable; I can only imagine no helmet.

Always gloves and helmet though.
Feels wild uncomfortable riding without em.

this, couldn't really imagine riding without them...but pretty much the only time i really gear up (which for me, amounts to wearing my armored jacket) is when it is cold or i know i will be in the rain, and maybe on the occasional long daytrip, otherwise i let my squid card fly...

On that note, I don't know how dudes ride without helmets in other states. I tried riding in my dad's half-helmet once and I felt crazy vulnerable; I can only imagine no helmet.

there are some that would say that riding without a helmet makes one more aware of exactly how vulnerable the rider is and therefore less likely to engage in risky behavior and be we more aware, generally; i don't think that view is supported by the data but in the states where helmets are not mandatory it is a much more of a political thing about choice than safety.

keep the shiny side up & rubber side down y'all, be safe outchea #braapbraap #yutuuggghh

Dat feel when you want a bike but your parents and girl says no......welp bout to be a lot of hurt feelings lol

Dat feel when you want a bike but your parents and girl says no......welp bout to be a lot of hurt feelings lol

I don't think a girl could stop me from riding, I'd probably ditch the girl before my bike haha. Maybe when I have a wife and kids, but anytime before that? No way.

Bonus Snapchat lol
Taken on Bear Mountain in NY if you can't tell lol

Last edited:
I used to lane split all the time when I had my R6. After my first spill, I calm all the way down. The most I do is open my Gixxer up on the freeway when I have open lanes and pockets. Otherwise I'm just enjoying the ride. We fail to realize that the mere fact that we're on motorcycles is cool enough. As much as I would love to learn to wheelie, I'm not about to put too much emphasis on it. That pavement is friend to none.

I used to lane split all the time when I had my R6. After my first spill, I calm all the way down. The most I do is open my Gixxer up on the freeway when I have open lanes and pockets. Otherwise I'm just enjoying the ride. We fail to realize that the mere fact that we're on motorcycles is cool enough. As much as I would love to learn to wheelie, I'm not about to put too much emphasis on it. That pavement is friend to none.

being on motorcycles is cool enough?

Not for me, I wanna build stuff and then ride em til I wreck em.

To each fam. As much as I love life on two wheels, I have no intention of risking it any further than I already do by climbing on. Hitting 140+ is thrill enough. After I get wheelie-ing down, I'm cool.

What footwear do you guys rock on your bikes? Been running with Alpinestars Fastlanes for almost 3 seasons now and the right shoe has a hole in the sole now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom