Post Your Motorcycle

Thanks all, everyone in my fam seems to be even more worried about me getting on the bike now.

I guess I'll cool it with the two-wheelin' for a little while...

Welp...got the news that my uncle was involved in a fatal accident on his bike last night.

Supposedly he'd been drinking beforehand.

Stay safe, NT bros. And NEVER drink and ride.

condolences to you and yours...do you know any of the circumstances, if there were other vehicles involved or only your uncle on his bike?

condolences to you and yours...do you know any of the circumstances, if there were other vehicles involved or only your uncle on his bike?

Thank you all.

This happened overseas in the Philippines so the details are a little muddled right now. From my understanding he was hit by a car but the local authorities are still looking into exactly what happened.

Factor in the fact that he was likely intoxicated, and the road was wet, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Ride safe dudes, can't say it enough.

Anyone have a good place to order frame sliders and a fender eliminator I want to start getting these small things now

Anyone have a good place to order frame sliders and a fender eliminator I want to start getting these small things now
eBay is ur best bet for variety and u can compare and shop around. Try to stay away from Chinese sliders tho. U want that good composite urethane. For a fender eliminator it really doesn't matter what brand.
Shogun makes good frame sliders.

Last edited:

eBay is a good place to start and try craigslist.

Just bought a Yoshimura fender eliminator of CL for $70 shipped. Got it in 2 days. Geeked to do my first aftermarket project.

anybody got into the dirtbike wave in the streets...

really thinking about copping a 250 Kawi, i seen about 15 cats on dirtbikes and 4wheels the other day.

i know its real heavy in DC, Bmore and Philly.

Last edited:
what does that consist of just the tires?

or i have to go thru tags and insurance and all that nonsense?
Turn signals/break lights/mirror. It varies in most states. But if u on a dirt bike to do hood rat thangs then all this stuff is out the window :lol:

What bike? Look up TST Industries for a cheap fender eliminator. No need to buy expensive ones. You'll probably need to buy license plate lights as well which they have and its easy to install. 

As for frame sliders, get cut frame slider. Its a lot stronger than the no cut kits. You would have to make a hole in your fenders but its easy. Just look up tutorials online. I suggest going with woodcraft or R&G

Last edited:

I need so much done. |I

I've found some deals here and there. But something else always gets in the way.

So I took it out today and stalled out more times then I can count and am not as well as I thought at shifting. Tomorrow is another day....

So I took it out today and stalled out more times then I can count and am not as well as I thought at shifting. Tomorrow is another day....
Very true; don't get discouraged and keep at it! Just make sure you're riding around safe places; from one NJ-er to another, you know these drivers give no dambs about us on two wheels.

Dont let stalling out bother you. The more you think about it, the more you stall. I remember on my 1st time out i get into the left turning lane after riding 3 or 4 blocks next to a R1. Hes going straight but im turning. I get the arrow and.....stall. Ok i got this. Stall. Damn. Stall. Fucejwbqhflglwjqh...stall. Then i realized i was still in 4th gear. By that time i had several cars behind me screaming and honking like crazy. I finally get going just in time for just me to make the arrow. I immediately pulled into the next gas station and sat there shaking my head.

Also remember you can give it some gas and ease out the clutch at the same time. I notice a lot of new rider seem to want to ease the clutch all the way out and let the bike start rolling before they gas it.

Dont let stalling out bother you. The more you think about it, the more you stall. I remember on my 1st time out i get into the left turning lane after riding 3 or 4 blocks next to a R1. Hes going straight but im turning. I get the arrow and.....stall. Ok i got this. Stall. Damn. Stall. Fucejwbqhflglwjqh...stall. Then i realized i was still in 4th gear. By that time i had several cars behind me screaming and honking like crazy. I finally get going just in time for just me to make the arrow. I immediately pulled into the next gas station and sat there shaking my head.

Also remember you can give it some gas and ease out the clutch at the same time. I notice a lot of new rider seem to want to ease the clutch all the way out and let the bike start rolling before they gas it.
That's exactly what happened to me I sat there for 5 light cycles trying to go, I think I was in second gear. I was riding with a guy he had to pull over and ride it to the gas station I'm standing there shaking my head. Then get back on and guess what, at the first light STALL again. I started rolling forward then easing out the clutch then giving throttle that seemed to help. My road test is this Friday so I should be good by then.

That's why I liked doing a msf course. I stalled the bike a handful of times but it was on a closed course where everyone else was trying to learn it too.

Get some practice in and you'll be alright, good luck on that road test fam.

Last edited:
Stalling a ton of times on your first day is par for the course. You'll get better each day.

OK so day 2 on the bike did much better watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how not to stall and found a technique that works for me and only stalled out twice.
Appreciation to: The Other Guy
TheHavik
Knappps.
Bscarrillo427

Back
Top Bottom