Post Your Motorcycle

JUST GOT MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE HERE IN TN LAST MONTH... STILL LOOKING FOR A USED BIKE.

MY OLD LADY BOUGHT A XL883 HARLEY SO IVE JUST BEEN GETTING GOOD PRACTICE SESSIONS IN ON THAT BUT ITS A LITTLE TOO SMALL FOR ME.

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SITES TO FIND USED BIKES OTHER THAN CYCLETRADER???

IM 6'7... SO AS A BEGINNER I DONT WANT TO BUT I HAVE TO START OUT ON A 1000 BECAUSE THATS WHAT SEEMS TO FIT ME BEST IN REGARDS TO SPORT BIKES.

IM BETWEEN A CBR1000RR AND A GSX-R1000

^damn bro smh that sucks, sorry to hear, I'm guessing your doing ok?

#damnhomie, hope you are good? what was the scenario?

Good for the most part. Road Rash and sore neck/back/knee/foot. Had some x-rays done and an MRI on my knee. Should have results soon.

I was in the fast line on the freeway. Traffic started to slow down and the fast lane wasn't so lady in the lane to my right changed lanes with looking/signalling/making sure anybody wasn't there. Her front left quarter panel hit the right side of my front wheel and threw me down. Rolled into the center divider.

JUST GOT MY MOTORCYCLE LICENSE HERE IN TN LAST MONTH... STILL LOOKING FOR A USED BIKE.

MY OLD LADY BOUGHT A XL883 HARLEY SO IVE JUST BEEN GETTING GOOD PRACTICE SESSIONS IN ON THAT BUT ITS A LITTLE TOO SMALL FOR ME.

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SITES TO FIND USED BIKES OTHER THAN CYCLETRADER???

IM 6'7... SO AS A BEGINNER I DONT WANT TO BUT I HAVE TO START OUT ON A 1000 BECAUSE THATS WHAT SEEMS TO FIT ME BEST IN REGARDS TO SPORT BIKES.

IM BETWEEN A CBR1000RR AND A GSX-R1000

You good with either biker. I learned on a CBR 1000 because I'm tall. Just be smart, I had no issue learning on a 1000. CBRs and GSXRs are both good bikes.

I bought from Cycle Trader and Craigslist before. Never from a dealer, too much money for a used bike. Good luck G.

I've been riding the last three days and it's been 97-99. No jacket either, SMH. Gotta wear a jacket.

You good with either biker. I learned on a CBR 1000 because I'm tall. Just be smart, I had no issue learning on a 1000. CBRs and GSXRs are both good bikes.

I bought from Cycle Trader and Craigslist before. Never from a dealer, too much money for a used bike. Good luck G.

I've been riding the last three days and it's been 97-99. No jacket either, SMH. Gotta wear a jacket.

THANKS FAM.

YEA HERE IN MEMPHIS ITS BEEN 95°+ EVERYDAY... SO WHEN I PRACTICE I JUST HAVE ON A LIGHT HOODY AND SWEAT PANTS. CUZ I AINT GONNA HAVE HEAT STROKE WHILE ON A BIKE :lol: :lol:

BUT YEA TRYING TO FIND A USED CBR1000/GSX-R1000 IN MY PRICE RANGE WITH LOW MILES IS MORE DIFFICULT THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!

Yeah, it ain't gonna be easy during riding season to find a great deal. One thing is, people focus on miles too much. You can get a great bike with high mileage. My starter bike had 42K miles and I had it for two years without any issues. My second bike had 22K miles and the guy took great care of it. It was his baby. Only had a coolant leak after about a year. I still have it and I'm at 39K miles and still no issues. Knock on wood.

Its like 102 degrees out here in the DMV, so too hot forget me to ride since I wear my leather every time. Doesn't help that my bike has been leaking coolant :smh:
Wanna get that fixed this week before I ride it again, jawn be overheating. Its hot as balls, but I wanna get in as much before the seasons over. Really starting to love it.

Yeah, it ain't gonna be easy during riding season to find a great deal. One thing is, people focus on miles too much. You can get a great bike with high mileage. My starter bike had 42K miles and I had it for two years without any issues. My second bike had 22K miles and the guy took great care of it. It was his baby. Only had a coolant leak after about a year. I still have it and I'm at 39K miles and still no issues. Knock on wood.

NICE!!

SO IVE BEEN SEARCHING THE LOCAL CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS FOR ABOUT THE LAST 3 HOURS.

IVE FOUND 2 CBR 1000's, 1 IS RED/BLACK(MY FAV COMBO), 2004 BUT HAS FAIRINGS FROM A 2006 WITH 24K MILES ON IT. THE OTHER IS A 2008 WHITE/BLACK WITH 13K MILES.

BOTH ARE IN MY PRICE RANGE(MAX $6500), I WILL TRY TO NEGOTIATE THE PRICE DOWN SOME ON BOTH BECAUSE BOTH ARE PRICED THE SAME AT $6K.... EVEN THOUGH I LIKE THE RED/BLACK, I MAY JUST GO FOR THE NEWER LESS MILES OPTION

13K miles for an 08 in your price range? I'd say go after it... Hell my 2015 already has over 13K miles on it :lol: :smokin

I AM :smokin

To be fair, Florida is year round riding, and I'm able to ride throughout the week and not just on weekends.

#mobmentalilty meets #cagerrage...both sides just compounded bad decisions, once it was clear homie in the truck was getting aggro the bikers could and probably should have made room for him to pass...similarly dude in the truck could have easily turned off that street and rerouted himself around the parade of bikes...but seeing how those options seemed to have escaped all parties, you get this madness...there is almost NO SITUATION wherein a person on a bike has an advantage in intimidating someone in a car, from the videos I have seen there, luckily, were no serious injuries or loss of life...i'm all about enjoying the ride but #besafetho!

For those in the know .... 2017 Honda Grom or 2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro ..?

The reviews on YouTube are so confusing depending on who they are willing to vouch for ... Just need some honest feedback from those in the know (I'm a beginner biker btw and just want something fun to zip around in...)

Pics for the beast...

2017 Honda Grom

2017 Kawasaki Z125 Pro

Leaning towards the z125
Went to dealer recently ... It's was zippy n fun

Thx for the advice in advance ...

(back up buy is a Honda CB 300f ...
)

Last edited:
^I think they're pretty much the same bike lol. The Grom may have a LITTLE more umph, but they offer the same performance imo. I rode a this chicks z125 around Thailand for 30 miles, it was cool but not that fun :lol:. Them streets are scary, esp on something so little with no pull.

^ I see ... now I understand why so many people on YouTube do mods to em ... wonder if it's worth it...

Added lots of goodies to my 15' CBR600RR. Also got a new bike stand. If anyone is interested its an ABBA Skylift. A little pricey but well worth it. Works great for doing maintenance and love how compact it is. Living in an apartment with a one car garage so this lift makes it so much easier to move it around when I need to.

BEFORE

AFTER

Added lots of goodies to my 15' CBR600RR. Also got a new bike stand. If anyone is interested its an ABBA Skylift. A little pricey but well worth it. Works great for doing maintenance and love how compact it is. Living in an apartment with a one car garage so this lift makes it so much easier to move it around when I need to.

definitely could see how that would make #bikelife a whole lot easier, big premium for it though! do you stunt?

Last edited:
definitely could see how that would make #bikelife a whole lot easier, big premium for it though! do you stunt?
Yeah its definitely up there as far as price but it was such a hassle moving it around in such a small space.. So much easier now. I don't regret the purchase one bit 
grin.gif

I'm learning wheelies at the moment. Slow progress but I'm getting there. The cage is nice to have just in case I fall. It'll take most of the damage.

Back
Top Bottom