Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Good god that's a horrible move, at least make the logo tonal. Stand out flag logo on the side always looked corny take notes e cap

Everyone knows it's a new era cap why ruin the on field hats with the damn logo

There hasn't been a logo on the hats for what 60 or 70 years?

Smfh

With Nike/Jordan getting their logos on NBA authentics, this was inevitable. At least MLB have said they will never allow patches with ads on them.

As far as the essential On-Fields to own, in my opinion:

-Yankees

-Dodgers

-White Sox

-Reds

-Indians

-Cardinals

-Braves

-Tigers

-Angels

With Nike/Jordan getting their logos on NBA authentics, this was inevitable. At least MLB have said they will never allow patches with ads on them.

But everyone in the world knows new era is the cap and only cap worn by players

They have ruined the hat and honestly while it won't affect the sales I wish most would stop buying them just to stick it to them

Yeah well everyone would know Nike was outfitting the NBA too as the Swoosh would be on warm-ups, shooting shirts, headbands etc. We are all used to seeing the New Era logo on other fitteds anyway.

I don't wear on-fields anyway. Not a fan of that synthetic, carpet feeling polyester material.

As far as the essential On-Fields to own, in my opinion:

-Yankees
-Dodgers
-White Sox
-Reds
-Indians
-Cardinals
-Braves
-Tigers
-Angels

Yall are mentioning all the teams with WS titles & stellar franchise history except the Red Sox (and even other crappy franchises) :lol:

Last edited:
Wool base, green underbrim, no batterman or ne logo, white headband, made in the usa - is all i ask
:\

Last edited:
Wow... MLB on fields have been that one hat/genre that was seemingly UNTOUCHABLE. People just knew.. This is a very sad move imho.

It's been awhile now that the minors have had the flag on their side for their on fields. I guess that creep was bound to happen. I follow college baseball and such, and brands such as 47 brand, zephyr, Proline, The Game, Adidas, Top of the World, Under Armour, and Nike have had their brand logo on the side of hats or the back of hats for years.

There was something truly authentic about hats that weren't "fashion" or "custom". The flag signals, at least for me, replica quality. I hate many of my customs/cooperstown collection hats specifically because of the flag.

Years ago, many MLB teams used Sports Specialities as their on field cap provider. It was mostly New Era or it interchanged year by year. But even back then, there didnt seem to be a real big push to have consumers know that their specific hat was SS, or say NE.

I guess I know what I'll be buying in the near future.

Years ago, many MLB teams used Sports Specialities as their on field cap provider. It was mostly New Era or it interchanged year by year. But even back then, there didnt seem to be a real big push to have consumers know that their specific hat was SS, or say NE.

Most, not all, teams that wore both SS & NE during the 80's-1993 wore them interchangeably/simultaneously. That is, teams had both in the supply room at the same time therefore on any given game, some of the players rocked SS on the field & at the same time (during the same games) some rocked NE.

The Red Sox (Devon) were the last AL team to go with SS/NE & the Phillies (Wilson) were the last NL team. SS competed side-by-side with NE until the beginning of 1994. So they had a good 5+ year run as the last competitor of NE.

Check out these Red Sox caps from 1989...you really have to know your stuff to be able to differentiate as the embroidery was identical by this time...

Sox players wore either or both. For example, Mike Greenwell wore both brands as did Clemens but Wade Boggs may have been partial to NE exclusively.

Honestly the crown was a little lower on the SS authentic on-fields and the wool was arguably higher quality but the stitching & construction went to NE.
With a slightly lower crown - I may actually prefer SS from this time period.

Last edited:
In the 1989 Topps Big set, one can actually see Sox players wearing Devon (possibly TE), Sports Specialties & New Era. No uniformity. But most never noticed.

Last edited:
^What do you think players will wear next year? Do you think the new flag hats will be pushed or enforced for all players? I know a select few wear grey underbrim hats (possibly custom). Who knows how many do in fact wear customs (think chinese made) that are 100% wool. People/players can only take so much. First its poly from the wool, then black unders from grey, and now visible flag.

Now this got me thinking. There are countless "customs" out there that are true to spec with grey under, white band, 100% wool, and no NE flag. They are a step away from the fashion customs but not quite the real deal. Do you think New Era will enforce the flag on every single hat their company makes (wherever they are made)? If not, customs are about to get really really popular. If NE themselves can't do hats right, let's hope they let the people who run the custom hats stay afloat.

on opening day in 1992, as far as i know/have seen, every player in the mlb had the batterman on the back for the first time
(check the 1991 World Series as they did not have battermans yet)

therefore, if the ne flag goes on the side for 2017 on-field authentics - i would expect to see all players with that logo

and i don't know that most fans will care

i will tho - as i said before - i don't even like the batterman on the back

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom