Post Your Sunglasses : Vol. Spring is here Summer is close

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

nice lens but i don't want my shades to be bendable like silly putty

well, they dont exactly melt when you put them on...it takes a considerable effort to bend them. like it wouldnt happen accidentally. theyre nice imo

Originally Posted by Abu

RayBanClubmaster.jpg

Just got these last week and I love em.
I liked these but they look weird on my face.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by isitsafe

Real Evidence (Retail is $735 in SoCal, but you can find these all day for less than that)
382079375.jpg

FAKE Evidence (Copped for $10, and I don't have to worry about losing them)
386463353.jpg

382079355.jpg

386463357.jpg

382079352.jpg

386463371.jpg

382079346.jpg

382079345.jpg

Where do you find the real ones below retail..i've been searching for a minute..a pm will suffice
nerd.gif

is there a way to tint sun glasses? i got some wayfarers off urban.. but the tint is not dark enough.. and theyre not "expensive" glasses so i don't want to go to a professional..

Originally Posted by iryceboi

is there a way to tint sun glasses? i got some wayfarers off urban.. but the tint is not dark enough.. and theyre not "expensive" glasses so i don't want to go to a professional..

I remember I got a pair of Prescription Wayfarers, and Lenscrafters asked me if I wanted a darker tint.  So I said Yes!!!
I could hardly see through the things at night.  And the lenses appeared a "RED" or Ultraviolet color.
I remember I couldn't look at a computer screen because some of the colors WOULD or WOULD not show up.

So I had them take the tint down!!!

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

anyone know if frogskins are the same size as the wayfarers?

Both the Frogskin and the Wayfarer come in different sizes. I think the biggest is 55 for the Wayfarer, dunno what the Frogskin is.

Originally Posted by isitsafe

Originally Posted by iryceboi

I remember I got a pair of Prescription Wayfarers, and Lenscrafters asked me if I wanted a darker tint.  So I said Yes!!!
I could hardly see through the things at night.  And the lenses appeared a "RED" or Ultraviolet color.
I remember I couldn't look at a computer screen because some of the colors WOULD or WOULD not show up.

So I had them take the tint down!!!

You'd need to replace the lenses - Ray Ban use glass lenses with a solid tint - it's built into the material - so you can't alter it once it's done. $100 or so for new lenses with any color you want.

Isitsafe had a problem with a cheap instore lab - they haven't been refreshing their tint so it goes funny colors - that's dangerous for looking at traffic lights and stuff. A good lab can make a good dark tint without the color shift - obviously they have a colored tint but it shouldn't change everything you look at.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

8da15e4464f2b88575c2ff12981e4f428a27aa5.jpg

5 bucks.. New Orleans French Quarter flea market.
What scares me with those sorts of things is the fact that they are a dark lens with no guarantee of UV protection - which is actually worse than not wearing sunglasses at all (because your pupils dilate behind the lens so let in more UV) and can increase your risk of cataracts, eye cancer...

Just the eye guy in me thinking though - I think a lot more about protection of eyes than most people - and that's why all the sunglasses I have for sale are at least 10x that.

...surprisingly they are actually polarized and they did have those little UV stickers on them.
tongue.gif

but I just can't fathom spending $60 plus on sunglasses when I inevitably crush or lose them every 4-5 months

That's good then - all polarized lenses are automatically UV protective - it's just the nature of the material. You can actually buy the plastic pretty cheaply - it's not the best optically but it's safe and easy to work with.

to be honest...I don't really wear them that much....only when I drive...and I don't wear my glasses during the day when I drive (-0.75)

I'm about to see how well I can see with them thought this weekend when I play 18holes

picked these Oakley's up last week in Soho they're Eric Koston LE's i just wanna get the lens a lil darker
imag0119o.jpg

imag0121y.jpg

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Both the Frogskin and the Wayfarer come in different sizes. I think the biggest is 55 for the Wayfarer, dunno what the Frogskin is.

Frogskins just come in one size - about the same as the middle Wayfarer.

can anyone recommend me something comparable to Oakley sunglasses. I really like the sporty look to them and I wanted a pair for when I take summer classes. Anyone recommend a pair they have?

smh.gif
@ Germany having an unlimited stock of vintage sunglasses. I don't know on how, but it's unfair!
mad.gif

like this RayBan
eek.gif

[table][tr][td][/td]/ti2.auctiva.com/tia/2FEDA/surround-orange-HM.gif""")">http://ti2.auctiva.com/ti...p;quot;"") repeat-x scroll left top rgb(255, 152, 50);" width="100%" align="center">[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B&L Ray Ban PRECIOUS METALS 24k Gold Rodium 62mm LARGE[/font] [td][/td]/ti2.auctiva.com/tia/2FEDA/surround-orange-HM.gif""")">http://ti2.auctiva.com/ti...p;quot;"") repeat-x scroll left top rgb(255, 152, 50);" valign="top" width="10">
surround-orange-HR.gif
[/tr][tr][td]
surround-orange-TL.gif
[/td][td]
surround-orange-TM.gif
[/td][td]
surround-orange-TR.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
surround-orange-ML.gif
[/td] [td][table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

356799256_o.jpg

356799419_o.jpg
356799570_o.jpg
356799481_o.jpg

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Frogskins just come in one size - about the same as the middle Wayfarer.

thanks, guess that's a pass for the frogskins for me.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

8da15e4464f2b88575c2ff12981e4f428a27aa5.jpg

5 bucks.. New Orleans French Quarter flea market.
What scares me with those sorts of things is the fact that they are a dark lens with no guarantee of UV protection - which is actually worse than not wearing sunglasses at all (because your pupils dilate behind the lens so let in more UV) and can increase your risk of cataracts, eye cancer...

Just the eye guy in me thinking though - I think a lot more about protection of eyes than most people - and that's why all the sunglasses I have for sale are at least 10x that.

All sunglasses have to provide some sort of UV protection.  But LV Evidence Lenses are made of the same stuff that Telescopes that they look at OUTERSPACE are made of!!!

Back
Top Bottom