Post Your Unpopular Opinions Vol. Sports & Training

There are no good coaches in college football & basketball. Sure they get wins but there are too many players that come out of school with horrible fundementals. We got O Linemen that have no footwork or now how to place thier hands, QBs that can't read defenses and/or have horrible mechanics, receivers that don't know how to run routes (Michael Crabtree only ever run a go route), guards that can't go left or dribble with thier left hand or have no jump shot, big men that can't rebound block a shot or have any post moves. Plus all coaches & I mean all coaches in D1 bball & fball are running shady programs. I'm just sayin...

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh traded for Chris Paul and David West would make both teams better and be better for the sake of the NBA both financially and competitively.

or

Russell Westbrook, James Harden and Kendrick Perkins for Chris Paul, Emeka Okafor, and Marco Bellinelli would make both teams better and be better for the sake of the NBA both financially and competitively.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Kobe is great possibly even top 30 when it's all said and done but if it wasn't for Shaq or Gasol he'd have only 0 rings.
The boy kobe luck out.

Oh boy the ignorance. Shaq or Gasol wouldn't have those rings without Kobe. Kobe was a VITAL part of the first three peat. Put up crazy numbers that were overshadowed by Shaq.
And the same goes for almost everyone in the history of the game. MJ needed Scottie. Magic needed Kareem. The list goes on. Because after all, basketball is a TEAM game. 

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Number of championships shouldnt matter in an argument about individual talent

qft. this should go for all sports, of course besides the individual sports like tennis or golf. sports are a team game.

Darko Milicic isn’t as bad as he is made out to be. His 1st year in the league with Detroit he played for a coach who infamously did not play rookies. Darko wasn’t even getting a lot of run at [A.I. voice] PRACTICE [A.I. voice]. How can you someone you drafted #2 overall & gave a bunch of money to, sit on the bench all night? No, I’m not saying he would’ve been the next great center but I think he could’ve been a consistent double/double guy. He was in a new country, his job sucked (for him anyway), and all he heard/saw was how bad he was without being given a fair shot. C’mon now, imagine what being called a “human victory cigar

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Kobe is great possibly even top 30 when it's all said and done but if it wasn't for Shaq or Gasol he'd have only 0 rings.
The boy kobe luck out.

Oh boy the ignorance. Shaq or Gasol wouldn't have those rings without Kobe. Kobe was a VITAL part of the first three peat. Put up crazy numbers that were overshadowed by Shaq.
And the same goes for almost everyone in the history of the game. MJ needed Scottie. Magic needed Kareem. The list goes on. Because after all, basketball is a TEAM game. 
laugh.gif
at possibly even top 30

This should just be a fact, but people just fail to take it for what it's worth. 

Lebron James is the biggest OVER HYPED athlete/ player in the history of professional sports !

NT'ers on Sports & Training who can't have a intelligent debate without using stats like ESPN John Hollinger does when a player A vs. Player B thread is started here in S&T.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

- If you weren't alive or old enough to grasp an athlete or team you have absolutely no right speaking on it. I don't care how many highlights you watch or even if you have actual game footage.

I agree with this.
I have a very good idea with how good the greats were. But i've never actually seen Bird, Magic, Kareem, Hakeem, Marino, Montana, etc. So I dont get in those arguments. 

Whats even tougher is comparing greats from the past to the present cause the game changes so much over time. 

When Jordan played it was like going 7 rounds in the ring. Someone breaths on Kobe and hes shooting free throws. 
laugh.gif

You seriously want to start a discussion on this?

Go back and watch the 2006 NBA Finals when D-Whistle got over 100 free throws in that Finals and replays showed a bunch of phantom foul calls that even the ABC TV crew were saying on the air while watching the replays "Where is the foul here on this call"

Skill wise, no one could touch tracy mcgrady from the wing position....ever. That 3 year window proved it to me. No wing could combine the size, skill, and athleticism that he did. Sucks that he got injured and couldn't prove this.

the cowboys didnt have the most talent like most people were saying 2 to the 3 years ago. Their inside backers and secondary has been bad/below average for years.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

This should just be a fact, but people just fail to take it for what it's worth. 
You would think that would be common sense to people, but if you let them tell it, Derek Fisher >>> Gary Payton, Pau Gasol >>> Patrick Ewing

Championships are a piece of the argument and only when comparing similar stature on a team. Otherwise pointless

Darko Milicic isn’t as bad as he is made out to be. His 1st year in the league with Detroit he played for a coach who infamously did not play rookies. Darko wasn’t even getting a lot of run at [A.I. voice] PRACTICE [A.I. voice]. How can you someone you drafted #2 overall & gave a bunch of money to, sit on the bench all night? No, I’m not saying he would’ve been the next great center but I think he could’ve been a consistent double/double guy. He was in a new country, his job sucked (for him anyway), and all he heard/saw was how bad he was without being given a fair shot. C’mon now, imagine what being called a “human victory cigar

Just my opinions whether unpopular or not...

Brady is still the best QB in the NFL until further notice
Vick is better post-jail than before
had to win a baseball game to save the planet... Roy Halladay's on the bump
The lockout would benefit the C's more than playing
1 on 1... in their prime... Kobe beats MJ
Iverson is the GOAT 6'1 and under player
Pro Wrestling is a sport
Lebron does not have "it"
Pierce collapsing on the Lakers court = genius
pitcher to build a team around = 1a King Felix 2b Jon Lester
Terry Francona is the best manager in baseball... mike scioscia is a close second
Red Sox fans secretly love Jeter (nh)
Roger Clemens = GOAT pitcher
bottom of the ninth, two outs, two on, down by one... = Ichiro

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Just my opinions whether unpopular or not...

Brady is still the best QB in the NFL until further notice
Vick is better post-jail than before
had to win a baseball game to save the planet... Roy Halladay's on the bump
The lockout would benefit the C's more than playing
1 on 1... in their prime... Kobe beats MJ
Iverson is the GOAT 6'1 and under player
Pro Wrestling is a sport
Lebron does not have "it"
Pierce collapsing on the Lakers court = genius
pitcher to build a team around = 1a King Felix 2b Jon Lester
Terry Francona is the best manager in baseball... mike scioscia is a close second
Red Sox fans secretly love Jeter (nh)
Roger Clemens = GOAT pitcher
bottom of the ninth, two outs, two on, down by one... = Ichiro
 In what game, air hockey cuz it wouldnt be basketball.

Being a good defender in the NBA means you are a good on ball defender (Bruce Bowen) or you change how a team plays all together (Dwight Howard). Kobe and Lebron are not good defenders.
Tim Duncan is better than Kobe (over the course of his career).
The NBA today is soft and it makes the game less fun to watch.
People with crazy bounce usually cant play basketball very well. They can throw down a windmill but cant make a 15 footer to save their life.
Big doesn't necessarily equal strong.
The most athletic ball players aren't the best for very long.They use their athleticism as a crutch and don't develop the rest of their game so when their athleticism starts to diminish they have no other weapons.
Basketball players make the best tight ends.  

Back
Top Bottom