POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

i remember seeing some nice watches here, some of you have panerai's and such...expensive stuff. anyway post your watches!

since i'm the OP, here's my collection.

1997 OG G-shock (found this last week in one of my drawers, just bought a new nylon band which is being shipped to my house):

casio film watch (daily beater):

invicta skeleton mechanical 9838 (can see through to the back, as well as view the in-house mechanical movement):

the display back (no one really knows what kind of movement it is, but it's decent enough for a manual wind watch):

and my prized hamilton khaki field automatic chronograph:

display back (showing the automatic winder, and valjoux7750 movement, the thing's a workhorse, i lose probably 1 second/day
pimp.gif
):

I just have some cheapo Kenneth Cole ones for now. Going to get a nice Tag or Breitling when I graduate from the university though.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I like the Casio Film Watch, where can I get one?

honestly, i have no clue. i've looked into it, but came up empty. i got it as a present from my uncle when he was in japan. i've gotten morecompliments on this one than any of the other ones too, even though it's the cheapest
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I like the Casio Film Watch, where can I get one?

honestly, i have no clue. i've looked into it, but came up empty. i got it as a present from my uncle when he was in japan. i've gotten more compliments on this one than any of the other ones too, even though it's the cheapest
laugh.gif
damn, well it looks
pimp.gif
. i like the blue band on the gold face, well atleast it looks gold

I don't feel the need to have an expensive watch, just have one that looks good and works well.

Swatch Dreamnight

md_23483.JPG

old!%*% seiko kinetic w/ emerald face i think. og leather strap stretch and fell apart, got some strap from macys or sak, dont remember....
back is seethrough as....

Had my 3.0 Benny since '04 and it still in perfect condition. It's a really nice watch without looking so damn gaudy.
mens30_1_zm-395x565.jpg

X-mas present a few years back. Seiko Men's Flight Alarm Chronograph
image.php

Work/gym
nike_13271.jpg

My fav right now. Seiko Premier Automatic SPB005J1
A01SPB005J1-1-550.jpg
edit....damn safari

I only have designer watches at the moment, mostly for daily wear. I think it's time to move on though and I'm trying to work into getting a Tagand/or IWC though. I'll have to see if I can get good deals on those.
85ckqxh.jpg

6y076lz.jpg

6k9lc1w.jpg

8fjpawz.jpg

Wordy - is that seiko premier a kinetic drive? i see the little rating thing on the 9-12 o'clock side, which is typical of seiko kinetics. usually seikowill have kinetics somewhere on the facedial, but it just says automatic...so maybe it's just the reserve power from the automatic winder? you tell me
laugh.gif

Crimsoncloud - we're hammy buddies! mine's a 38mm, yours is probably the 42mm, since it has the shorter lug length.

Rfx - IWC's will run you a pretty penny, my hammy's about a grand at retail and IWC will run you 3-4 times that for used ones.

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

Rfx - IWC's will run you a pretty penny, my hammy's about a grand at retail and IWC will run you 3-4 times that for used ones.
I know, a lot more for the one I'm looking to buy. I've been looking at the IWC Portuguese Automatic, I got a dealer down to $8,500 on it(retail $10,500) but I'm still looking around for a better deal. I was going to go with the IWC Portuguese Chrono with a black face and I got the dealerdown to $4,700 (retail $6,700) but it having Omega parts made me think twice about it. At least the Portuguese Auto is actually made by IWC, although their2008 model has gone down from 44 jewels to 42, doesn't matter much though I guess.

ahh, yes, the caliber 5000/pellaton on the portuguese is one of my favorites. i've been eyeing the perpetual calendar myself, too bad it's basicallyeyecandy for me until i get out of school. i've seen people selling the portugese for ~$5000-$6000 near mint condition on a few watch forums, you may wantto check those out if you wish to save a grand or two for basically a new watch!

have you also looked into other brands in the same price range? you can get some really beautiful nardins or audemars at that price range (gently used, orcourse), i tend to favor the artistry of those over the more conservative iwc's...if i want conservative it'll be a patek for a dress watch andmid-range for everything else.

AT0270-00E.jpg

Got it last Spring Break, not bad for a first/starter watch. A step up from my Fossils from my younger days. I really love watches, but being 18 theyaren't really a high priority on my list.

I look to adding another one to my collection come my birthday or hopefully if I get a job and have some money to blow.

I love watches. I have owned some decent pieces but had to sell them not too long ago. But I have kept my baby...always.

PANERAI PAM090 Power Reserve

78581758_a8bbaa650e_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom