Posters under 30, do you think the older generation makes us seem worse than we actually are?

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Club 27

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Closet racists and thinking the world owes us something.

That's pretty much us.

I was born in the wrong era...

laugh.gif
Racism was ALOT worse  50-60 years ago

you are clearly a child and have no idea what you're talking about
i think what he might be alluding to is all of the keyboard warrior racists who can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

yes racism was a lot worse 50-60 years ago, but it was also somewhat socially accepted back then.  these days, racism is still rampant but since it is universally shunned in american culture, most of it takes place behind closed doors or random computer screens.

you take your gentlemanly response somewhere else, Mojod.

you take it somewhere else this instant!

The skinny jeans don't phase me...we don't wanna see your @%% hanging out for no reason unless you are a chic..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by sonofsam

dont all previous generations complain about the younger ones? i mean, im not justifying the senseless violence and disrespect..but i bet our parents were told the same things by the older heads..

I came in here to say the same thing. Everyone thinks their generation is the best and anything after is doomed.

THAT'S SOME REAL ##%+$%* $!+#
No but seriously. Our generation has its problems but so did the other generations. It's a cycle, nothing more. What is going on today is probably nothing compared to the counter-culture movement during Vietnam.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by sonofsam

dont all previous generations complain about the younger ones? i mean, im not justifying the senseless violence and disrespect..but i bet our parents were told the same things by the older heads..

I came in here to say the same thing. Everyone thinks their generation is the best and anything after is doomed.

THAT'S SOME REAL ##%+$%* $!+#
No but seriously. Our generation has its problems but so did the other generations. It's a cycle, nothing more. What is going on today is probably nothing compared to the counter-culture movement during Vietnam.

laugh.gif

i think what he might be alluding to is all of the keyboard warrior racists who can hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

yes racism was a lot worse 50-60 years ago, but it was also somewhat socially accepted back then.  these days, racism is still rampant but since it is universally shunned in american culture, most of it takes place behind closed doors or random computer screens.

hahahaha.  my apologies.

sidenote: good to have you back, NT is definitely more interesting with Club in the mix.

laugh.gif

hahahaha.  my apologies.

sidenote: good to have you back, NT is definitely more interesting with Club in the mix.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

bigsupa wrote:
Wait? So skinny jeans= A doomed Generation?

%@##$ stop hating, @#%! sickens me  
LOL @ this dude not realizing clothes have been tighter than this in other periods of American and human history. Out of everything that is wrong with society he chooses to focus on clothes. Needless to say, this type of ignorance is part of what's wrong with our generation.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

bigsupa wrote:
Wait? So skinny jeans= A doomed Generation?

%@##$ stop hating, @#%! sickens me  
LOL @ this dude not realizing clothes have been tighter than this in other periods of American and human history. Out of everything that is wrong with society he chooses to focus on clothes. Needless to say, this type of ignorance is part of what's wrong with our generation.

ya'll are just a bunch of nitpicking haters. 
laugh.gif

aside from teen-pregnancy (which is on the decline, btw).. i see nothing "wrong" with our generation. 

ya'll are just a bunch of nitpicking haters. 
laugh.gif

aside from teen-pregnancy (which is on the decline, btw).. i see nothing "wrong" with our generation. 

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by soltheman

lightskinparty2.jpg

Nah, fam. Our generation sucks.

This cannot be life.

THIS is crap.

Moving along, the 80’s babies generation has it’s problems but the generation that is came up in the 90’s is crazy. They are so impulsive and they live for today and don’t even think about tomorrow. Just like other posters stated, Facebook and other social media outlets dominates their lives so they’re hella antisocial and SOFT. I mean SOFT, like the guys are more emotional then the girls. SMH. I know TONS of people have issues with the skinny jeans thing, but I just look at it like it’s their style. I fear for the future.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by soltheman

lightskinparty2.jpg

Nah, fam. Our generation sucks.

This cannot be life.

THIS is crap.

Moving along, the 80’s babies generation has it’s problems but the generation that is came up in the 90’s is crazy. They are so impulsive and they live for today and don’t even think about tomorrow. Just like other posters stated, Facebook and other social media outlets dominates their lives so they’re hella antisocial and SOFT. I mean SOFT, like the guys are more emotional then the girls. SMH. I know TONS of people have issues with the skinny jeans thing, but I just look at it like it’s their style. I fear for the future.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

or are they right in every sense?

i know you go on some sites today and see how kids act, and you hear on the news how crazy some of these kids are and the wild stuff they do, but the older generation birthed these babies, and like they say, the apple doesn't fall from from the tree.

their were knuckle heads back in the day that raised just as much hell as kids do today.

tired.gif
but you hear older folks talk and it seems like we are mindless zombies bent on destruction

^^Has anyone thought about how our correct grammar is going down the drain too?  
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

or are they right in every sense?

i know you go on some sites today and see how kids act, and you hear on the news how crazy some of these kids are and the wild stuff they do, but the older generation birthed these babies, and like they say, the apple doesn't fall from from the tree.

their were knuckle heads back in the day that raised just as much hell as kids do today.

tired.gif
but you hear older folks talk and it seems like we are mindless zombies bent on destruction

^^Has anyone thought about how our correct grammar is going down the drain too?  
30t6p3b.gif

Our generation does suck but we're definitely not worse than 90s babies.

I've been on the train with these kids and I feel like there's NO hope at all for them. none

Our generation does suck but we're definitely not worse than 90s babies.

I've been on the train with these kids and I feel like there's NO hope at all for them. none

IMO, Fashion trends are on the upswing. proper, fitted clothing is finally accepted as COOL.

Paul Zane Pilzer, former Economic Advisor, predicts that the Health and Wellness industry is the next trillion dollar industry (besides from PC's & Food). Should be a positive sign for this next generation's eating habits. It's pretty sad seeing these little obese 5-8 yr olds everywhere nowadays.

Violence..... i dont know. too much senseless murder. (Type in a 13-year-old boy named Hamza Ali al-Khateeb in Google. There is unspeakable evil in this world.). In Palo Alto over the weekend, a 2 month baby gets capped for no reason.

IMO, Fashion trends are on the upswing. proper, fitted clothing is finally accepted as COOL.

Paul Zane Pilzer, former Economic Advisor, predicts that the Health and Wellness industry is the next trillion dollar industry (besides from PC's & Food). Should be a positive sign for this next generation's eating habits. It's pretty sad seeing these little obese 5-8 yr olds everywhere nowadays.

Violence..... i dont know. too much senseless murder. (Type in a 13-year-old boy named Hamza Ali al-Khateeb in Google. There is unspeakable evil in this world.). In Palo Alto over the weekend, a 2 month baby gets capped for no reason.

I think its a big cycle of generations naturally not agreeing with the one after them.

I think its a big cycle of generations naturally not agreeing with the one after them.

And also consider that when you were a child, things that you see now as "detriments to society" weren't even a thought in your mind back then. As a child, you seeing a loud classmate/friend on the train doesn't seem as obnoxious to you as it does while you are now older. Your perspective changes as you get older. Kids being loud on trains is not a new phenomena, at all. Hell folks I was friends with as kids were those same kids I shake my head at to today.

So yea man, get off your high generational horses.

Back
Top Bottom