Power Balance

Power Balance bracelets available at a health products kiosk in between Dairy Queen and Shakey's at the New Wing, 2nd level of the Alabang Town Center.

Lots of colors and sizes available.

just curious, how does it really work?
happy.gif

I think they were selling it for about Php 2,000.

Pretty expensive compared to how much they retail abroad.

Let's just hope other NTers can give a heads up on other spots where we can buy them for less.

STOKED INC. and HEALTH & BEYOND branches carry these too. But they sell it for Php2,200 each.

My friend said they used to sell for 1,800-1,900 until it became popular in the NBA.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, PBs work through the low-frequency magnets installed in them that come in contact with your body's energy field, improving the energy flow thus allowing you to perform in your most optimum level.

Anyway, I'm not a Power Balance user/fan but the stores let you participate in a demo before buying it. They will try to tip you off-balance in those tests. And of course, the objective is to convince the prospective buyer.

The tests go like this...

PHASE 1:

(TEST A) You'll be asked to stand straight up with your arms on both sides. Next, you'll be asked to clench your dominant hand with the demo guy and he'll tell you to relax then he'll push your hand downward, throwing your center of gravity along into the hand. Well, you're supposed to succumb to the force and be thrown off-balance.

(TEST B) You'll be asked to stand up in a crane (bird) position - one foot down and one foot raised - with your hands spread out on both sides. Then they'll try to tip you off-balance with light pushes. Well, you're supposed to be thrown off-balance.

PHASE 2: You'll wear a PB bracelet and they'll do the tests again and of course, you won't be thrown off.

Naysayers argue that the supposed demo is more of a mind trick than an actual fact.

The real sequencing of the tests SHOULD be (a) you wear the PB bracelet already on the FIRST TEST PHASE then (b) you wear none on the SECOND TEST PHASE.

It's supposed to really be like this..

With the original test sequence (No PB first, with PB second):
--Theoretically, your mind is caught off-guard with the amount of force your body is supposed to exert to resist the stimuli to throw itself off-balance. Thus, throwing your body off.
--Naturally, on the second set of tests, when you're already wearing the bracelet, your mind ALSO already knows the amount of force to exert to resist the stimuli that throws the body off-balance.

With the suggested sequence (PB first, NONE second):
--If your body is thrown off on the first tests while wearing the bracelet, well it's supposed to be a fake. Or a placebo effect, at most.
--If your body performs well and resists the off-balance tests, then you don't need the PB bracelets at all.

Or perhaps the full potential of the Power Balance bracelets are not realized in those series of tests..

Well, I suggest interested parties should see it for themselves if they're convinced or not. I am just saying this just so people would have an idea on what this thing is or how it's supposed to work as well as a rational argument behind the "fallacy of Power Balance".

php2,200 though
sick.gif
I think those Philip Stein watches hold the same claim of health benefits via magnets. They're much, much more expensive though.

greenhills and divisoria is selling power balance and phiten bracelets at P300-400 each (bulk orders accepted) and some resells it at ebay.ph P800-1,300. better check out health and beyond and know the features of original ones or else you may end up buying the fakes ones at a very low cost. hth

a friend of mine who owns GNC also sells power balance bracelets. I believe they were the first ones who brought the item here in PI. The cost for the bracelet is around 1900 if im not mistakent.

This thing really works... at first i didnt want to believe it, but when i tried it on, the tests on the video really do work... i don't have any explanation for this until now.. hehe but all i can say is that it really improves balance...
smile.gif
I've been using one and have seldom removed it from my wrist ever since i bought it
smile.gif

the supplements/vitamins kiosk @ atc mentioned above is selling the power balance bracelets @ php2200 as well...

HTH

Originally Posted by dynamitenter

greenhills and divisoria is selling power balance and phiten bracelets at P300-400 each (bulk orders accepted) and some resells it at ebay.ph P800-1,300. better check out health and beyond and know the features of original ones or else you may end up buying the fakes ones at a very low cost. hth

is this true? about those that sell in ebay.ph or sulit.ph power balance bracelets, those that cost p1,300 are fakes?
sick.gif

my wife bought one for me at health and beyond. 2200 in retail with warranty

when playing ball im like paul pierce in the finals...

non existent. hehe.

^
laugh.gif

My friend bought one online for 1800.

When they met,  the seller brought a fake one to compare it to the legit he is selling.

Maybe people expect some sort of edge when wearing it.

placebo effect
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by jason16

^
laugh.gif

My friend bought one online for 1800.

When they met,  the seller brought a fake one to compare it to the legit he is selling.

Maybe people expect some sort of edge when wearing it.

placebo effect
tongue.gif
out of curiosity, what were the things the seller pointed out? between the fake and the real one?

^Im sorry man. I have no idea.

I take my word back the bracelet really works.

We too made a test video
laugh.gif

I hope someone could point out the diffrences between the authentic and the fake..
Aside from the possible palcebo effect,its quite harder to accept buying a fake one..

Originally Posted by jdmralliart

I hope someone could point out the diffrences between the authentic and the fake..
Aside from the possible palcebo effect,its quite harder to accept buying a fake one..

i was hoping for this also... a lil help from those that know plssss....

haha people never learn. It's authentic or fake, it depends on what you believe in. duhh. Placebo effect.

Back
Top Bottom