POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

Watched Episode 3. This time around, the title “Human Capital” let me know that this episode the writers were going to be on some BS then I saw the recap and all that happened in the past which only further confirmed my suspicions. Anyhow, onto my commentary.

Brayden and Tariq getting custom suits/luxury watches for their Wall St job while Effie is driving around the city in her ‘06 Corolla moving work. Gender inequality is real :lol:

Lorenzo Tejada getting linked as a street soldier then Cane punking him to move extra weight. Then he gets Diana to do it? :rofl: :smh

Tariq going at Effie’s beat up car and her saying “At least I got one”. FINALLY someone acknowledging Tariq’s transportation issues :lol: Between this and acknowledging how Diana’s financial situation makes no sense, we are finally getting to the heart of the issues in the Powerverse

How the hell did Cane know when Diana’s class would end and where she was? He ain’t have to do the TA like that telling him his name sounds made up :lol:

Casually messaging on Grindr during family dinner/a business meeting :rofl:

Tariq casually meeting one of the richest people in the world and getting advice from him that he plans to deploy in his drug business. Son was sounding like a MBA candidate instead of an undergrad Canonical Studies major when breaking it down for Cane. And they are incorporating crypto into this Wall Street CourseCorrect? Okay. :lol:

This idea that a killer would mix up Zeke and Dante is wild famb. Not only are they not the same body type/height or complexion but one is bald and the other has hair. Ridiculous.

Tariq casually saying “Aight, ima go get us some guns and come back to meet up with y’all (on a college campus)” Man, what?

WTF was up with that digital lockbox where Effie stored weight? Her and Diana both pushing on campus is going to get ugly.

Now Tariq can speak fluent Italian? ****

I don’t think the shenanigans were up there with last week but still a lot of ridiculousness nonetheless

Watched Episode 3. This time around, the title “Human Capital” let me know that this episode the writers were going to be on some BS then I saw the recap and all that happened in the past which only further confirmed my suspicions. Anyhow, onto my commentary.

Brayden and Tariq getting custom suits/luxury watches for their Wall St job while Effie is driving around the city in her ‘06 Corolla moving work. Gender inequality is real :lol:

If you're going to have a beater to look inconspicuous at least get one that doesn't look like it's going to break down every day.

The bricks with the names of the colleges on them. :rofl:

Everyone is so broke on this show, so why are you doing it? Meanwhile Braden is just going it for fun.

Who knew crime families live check to check.

Cane and Brayden gone end up gunning for each other. Cane clearly despises Brayden because he’s white, but he knows he needs him… for now.

A Russian ain’t gone just let you walk up on them like that. Especially at night.

Tariq a sophomore….. with ONE class :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I said it before but I can at least let this one pass because it’s happened before on plenty of shows where they show students in only one class throughout the season. The entire course of the show is wild but since it’s Power, I’ll allow it because that’s the least ridiculous of the ridiculous :lol:

Everyone is so broke on this show, so why are you doing it? Meanwhile Braden is just going it for fun.

Who knew crime families live check to check.

I’m saying, though! They don’t even launder their money like that unless I am forgetting something. They just have that bar that sees no action, as even the detective pointed out. All they have to do is ask Tejadas for the taxes and they’ll see them owning a G-Wagon, Range Rover, troves of luxury clothes/goods, a home AND paying an Ivy League tuition isn’t feasible given their “income”

3 episodes so far ….. 6 murders. :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

finessence finessence has me weak keeping the body count :lol: What’s the tally?

Riq has 2 (extortion dude and Russian) and Monet has 1 (GTG dude). I forget the other 3, though. Who remembers?

Taking a big step back….we all knew there were drug dealers in college, right? Mostly weed but there were Some who could get their hands on cocaine, shrooms, ecstasy, adderal, etc. if you wanted it. My school was probably around the same size as Stansfield and there wasn’t just one dealer. Different cliques had different dealers they would go to and the dealers would mostly just use the money for discretionary income.

The fact that these kids are keeping up with Ivy League studies and distributing drugs to a population of 6-8K students is ABSURD. Effie out here talmbout she has a “number” like it’s a corporate job or like you can even just retire from the drug game :rofl: . Not to mention, she said she’s doing to pay for grad/undergrad which is going to cost probably upwards of $500K. Moving the weight to get that much money while being a student? Cmon man. I need to see these kids course loads and transcripts :lol:

Taking a big step back….we all knew there were drug dealers in college, right? Mostly weed but there were Some who could get their hands on cocaine, shrooms, ecstasy, adderal, etc. if you wanted it. My school was probably around the same size as Stansfield and there wasn’t just one dealer. Different cliques had different dealers they would go to and the dealers would mostly just use the money for discretionary income.

The fact that these kids are keeping up with Ivy League studies and distributing drugs to a population of 6-8K students is ABSURD. Effie out here talmbout she has a “number” like it’s a corporate job or like you can even just retire from the drug game :rofl: . Not to mention, she said she’s doing to pay for grad/undergrad which is going to cost probably upwards of $500K. Moving the weight to get that much money while being a student? Cmon man. I need to see these kids course loads and transcripts :lol:

Effie I guess is hustling to get all of her school paid with no loans, and then she'll have a Ivy league education and kushy gig to support her for the rest of her life

but the way they act like they're the supplier for an entire university :lol: Nobody would even want that attention. It would need to go way down several different paths.

Riq has 2 (extortion dude and Russian) and Monet has 1 (GTG dude). I forget the other 3, though. Who remembers?

Drew pushed the competition into the road (the fitness trainer who was serving them Westinghouse yuppies)

Mecca’s “fiance”, the queen pin chic whose ring got auctioned. She killed the dude and his wife. And she killed that lady in Drew and Caines penthouse, when they confronted the whole crew. Had the pillow case over her head.

Yeah, so all we know it's June/July because of the NBA draft, but they never have shorts or short sleeves on :lol:

I brought this up last episode that you would assume it’s June/July because of the NBA Draft but it’s CLEARLY winter but the way they are dressing. The storyline just simply isn’t adding up with real life timelines :lol:

I would have to revisit S1/S2 but didn’t Zeke play a season of ball? This would lead me to believe that at least one school year has passed and that they are sophomores. Plus if Diana is enrolled, it should definitely be a new school year but then again it would be weird for her to be taking classes with sophomores because it’s not like she transferred. Also, her HS grades must’ve been elite or the Zeke connection was super strong for her to take a year off after HS and get into an Ivy.

Drew pushed the competition into the road (the fitness trainer who was serving them Westinghouse yuppies)

Mecca’s “fiance”, the queen pin chic whose ring got auctioned. She killed the dude and his wife. And she killed that lady in Drew and Caines penthouse, when they confronted the whole crew. Had the pillow case over her head.

Damn so that actually makes 7! Noma (Mecca’s fiancée) got 3 bodies, Riq has 2, Monet has 1 and Drew has 1. All in 3 episodes :rofl:

Brayden bringing Tate/Westin Holdings into the investigation on paper with the donation and money laundering

When that coin starts pumping :nthat:

The big brother gonna have some decisions to make

Last edited:
The disrespect Cane be hitting dudes with is crazy, he just like his momma.

“So you put your phone down to ***** or you have a solution?” :lol:

So their goal is to be the biggest dealers in Brooklyn? I thought the goal was to compete school and get the trust fund to help your family

Doesn’t want to be like Ghost but wants what his mom and dad had (lol). At least Ghost had a crew that wasn’t obvious and rolling around draped in designer.

Riq kills Russian dude… in a obvious restaurant/shopping district…. Cops get there immediately.

“Real cops” would’ve at least walked in a few of those stores and restaurants and looked or asked around if people saw anything.

They just casually mosey into restaurant and sit down. They did this on FOOT :lol: :lol: :lol:

What NYPD be doing???

Bunk, McNulty, and Lester Freeman would’ve had cats locked up already or at least indicted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom