Private Pool Club Kicks Out Minority Kids Who Might "Change The Complexion"

smh.gif

and in philly too
eek.gif
. That city has a huge black population.
smh.gif
how could people be so damn foolish.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Originally Posted by JuJu

all yall people getting all salty and talking about the club getting sued and shut down need to learn something about laws. its a PRIVATE CLUB which means they can make any rule they want. segregation only applies to public places and things like schools and the work place. instead of getting aggy we as minorities shouldn't get mad, but get even. invest in building your own private pools in your own neighborhood and then you can exclude whoever you want as well. crying about it isn't gonna change anything. why do you think we have hbcu's ? white folks weren't letting black people get a college education so they built their own, stop waiting for someone to LET you do something...
How does creating more segregation solve this problem? Shouldn't we be looking to educate these people instead of just trying to stay way from them?
you can't change peoples minds. ive met plenty of "educated" people in college who still hold dear to some of the stupidest idealsand beliefs known to man. if these people dont like minorities what makes you think they are going to listen to their opinion with any real considerationespecially when they are the ones least affected by their actions? and hey hbcu was a form of self segregation but now they are praised and valued as apart ofour culture. all im saying is if someone doesnt want you to be in their pool build your own and you can keep them out if you choose to. i didnt say make it anall black pool or all hispanic i just suggested make it a pool used by those in YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD/COMMUNITY.

I don't know what is worse, the racism they just received or the look of disappointment on those kids faces.

I would be completely heart broken if my child packed his swim bag in the morning only to be denied entry. Have to watch other kids swim while you sit on thesidelines warming the bench. The worse thing to a parent is when they see that look of disappointment in their childs face. You feel so helpless in those typeof situations with your child. Just my opinion though.

JuJu wrote:
bump it if they got they money back i say peace. i dont want to be nowhere im not wanted so at least they had the balls to be upfront about their racism instead of taking their money and talking bad about them. its a private club pool so its their right, its wrong on so many levels but whatever ill take my money elsewhere. kids gotta find out about stuff like this some time and the sooner they realize they are looked down upon the sooner they can realize they have to be that much better than the people who treat them a certain way because of their race.

Word! I can respect "out of the closet" racist people because they're honest and stand for what they believe in. Even if it's wrong in myeyes, I have more respect for them than the closet racist that do it all behind closed doors or over the net. Those are the worse. With all that said, Istill think it's a horrible thing that happened and that you are primitive if you're still racist.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

all yall people getting all salty and talking about the club getting sued and shut down need to learn something about laws. its a PRIVATE CLUB which means they can make any rule they want. segregation only applies to public places and things like schools and the work place. instead of getting aggy we as minorities shouldn't get mad, but get even. invest in building your own private pools in your own neighborhood and then you can exclude whoever you want as well. crying about it isn't gonna change anything. why do you think we have hbcu's ? white folks weren't letting black people get a college education so they built their own, stop waiting for someone to LET you do something...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Section 8 housing (which consists of mostly minorities) has those "pools" already, and you see how those things are.[/color]

okay that just HELPS these racist peoples argument sir. that just fuels the idea of "look what happened when they were given their own pools to swim inthey destroyed them, why then would we entertain the idea of letting them do the same to ours."

on top of doing for yourself which section 8 is not at all. taking PRIDE in your own community helps to alleviate things like this as well. i mean i dont haveto pick up my dogs droppings in my complex, but i do, why? because i dont like the sight, smell or to step into dog **+*. my upstairs neighbor however doesntcare at all and that is why there has been dog droppings on the walkway to the grass behind our building for about 5 days now.

those little kids just want to swim.. thats so saddening for me.

are the kids that are there currently so withdrawn from acting like kids that when they see kids having fun and making noise, they become afraid?

How does creating more segregation solve this problem? Shouldn't we be looking to educate these people instead of just trying to stay way from them?
you can't change peoples minds. ive met plenty of "educated" people in college who still hold dear to some of the stupidest ideals and beliefs known to man. if these people dont like minorities what makes you think they are going to listen to their opinion with any real consideration especially when they are the ones least affected by their actions? and hey hbcu was a form of self segregation but now they are praised and valued as apart of our culture. all im saying is if someone doesnt want you to be in their pool build your own and you can keep them out if you choose to. i didnt say make it an all black pool or all hispanic i just suggested make it a pool used by those in YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD/COMMUNITY.

not it was not...
smh.gif

but i do agree to go form our own country clubs but not make it exclusive like these people...

the worst part is how those kids just go out...they obviously learned that somewhere...
smh.gif

White tax payers in the suburbs are forced to pay for EVERYTHING you ghetto dwelling blacks have in Philadelphia! Homes, foodstamps, medical care, clothes, the enormous cost of incarcerating black criminals..WHY shouldn't WE be allowed to live in peace away from your violent, loud and crude behavior?

smh.gif
....I swear white people get so racist behind a computer screen or amongst themselves....its sickening....but i know there are plenty of good white peopleout there so i don't let the racist bums change my views about them

I grew up in a neighborhood that changed complexion before my very eyes. Black children tend to be violent, ESPECIALLY when in larger groups,AND MOST ESPECIALLY toward white children. As far as black boys, non stop harassment of white girls is the norm. These are FACTS, I may not be politically correct stating these facts but it's just the way things are. I wouldn't let my daughter into a pool full of black males NEVER.

smh.gif
damn dirty i wish you wouldn't have mentioned the comments cause this stuff got me pretty pissed
smh.gif

and to the JuJu....HBCU's were created because blacks were not allowed into white institutions.....GET THAT IN YOUR DAMN HEAD...other races have alwaysbeen welcomed to go those schools and to this day its still like that......and these schools are historical now because blacks are allowed to go to whitecolleges....thats why the historical tag was added on these schools

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you can't change peoples minds. ive met plenty of "educated" people in college who still hold dear to some of the stupidest ideals and beliefs known to man. if these people dont like minorities what makes you think they are going to listen to their opinion with any real consideration especially when they are the ones least affected by their actions? and hey hbcu was a form of self segregation but now they are praised and valued as apart of our culture. all im saying is if someone doesnt want you to be in their pool build your own and you can keep them out if you choose to. i didnt say make it an all black pool or all hispanic i just suggested make it a pool used by those in YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD/COMMUNITY.

not it was not...
smh.gif

but i do agree to go form our own country clubs but not make it exclusive like these people...

the worst part is how those kids just go out...they obviously learned that somewhere...
smh.gif
how are hbcu not self segregation? its not a historically minority college and universities. they were schools for black people built by blackpeople. if you decide that its not worth fighting the fight to get into a "white" school and build one just for yourself thats a form key word formof self segregation. im not saying its text book but it def could make it into the foot notes.

smh.gif

yeah aside from the fact that they made the black kids leave this was the part that surprised me the most.
ohwell.gif

- The complexity, detail of the organization of neighborhoods in this region of the U.S. of A. Still baffles me.
nerd.gif

- For the most part, we ALL fiend unity, equal-opportunity, etc., however, this is often not the reality beyond the typica;/traditional surface politicalcorrectness
ohwell.gif

- The suburbs here ('delph) are unfortunately, extraordinarily segregated (I was raised in a 2% minority 'burb lol status FTL
grin.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
), similar to many most other places in the U.S. We are fed a steady dietof bigoted, heavily-biased nonsense on the regional daily, local news. This negativity ultimately pervades the minds of the citezenry and ultimatelyminimizies opportunities for "many".
nerd.gif
................Additionally, sometimes the minority obliterates the oppotunity himself, due tolack of overall apprecication/context.

- Two sides to every tale
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

White tax payers in the suburbs are forced to pay for EVERYTHING you ghetto dwelling blacks have in Philadelphia! Homes, foodstamps, medical care, clothes, the enormous cost of incarcerating black criminals..WHY shouldn't WE be allowed to live in peace away from your violent, loud and crude behavior?

smh.gif
....I swear white people get so racist behind a computer screen or amongst themselves....its sickening....but i know there are plenty of good white people out there so i don't let the racist bums change my views about them
i love how all those comments keep referring to them as ghetto filth and how they have a right to exclude them since they pay to live in the nicerarea. when 1) the camp counselor lives in the very same neighborhood the club is located and 2) they didn't pay the same exact fees white member's dowith food stamps they used cash. i mean seriously if they are such poor ghetto filth tell me how they can afford to send their children to summer camp and payfor fees just to go swiming? i mean since they are black animals wouldn't their poor black parents just send them into the ghetto streets with a 25 centwater and a hot sausage till the lights come on? /sarcasm

- The complexity, detail of the organization of neighborhoods in this region of the U.S. of A. Still baffles me.
nerd.gif

- For the most part, we ALL fiend unity, equal-opportunity, etc., however, this is often not the reality beyond the typica;/traditional surface politicalcorrectness
ohwell.gif

- The suburbs here ('delph) are unfortunately, extraordinarily segregated (I was raised in a 2% minority 'burb lol status FTL
grin.gif
tired.gif
grin.gif
), similar to many most other places in the U.S. We are fed a steady dietof bigoted, heavily-biased nonsense on the regional daily, local news. This negativity ultimately pervades the minds of the citezenry and ultimately minimiziesopportunities for "many".
nerd.gif
................Additionally, sometimes the minority obliterates the oppotunity himself, due tolack of overall apprecication/context.

- Two sides to every tale
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

- double post....
nerd.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

White tax payers in the suburbs are forced to pay for EVERYTHING you ghetto dwelling blacks have in Philadelphia! Homes, foodstamps, medical care, clothes,
the enormous cost of incarcerating black criminals..WHY shouldn't WE be allowed to live in peace away from your violent, loud and crude behavior?

smh.gif
....I swear white people get so racist behind a computer screen or amongst themselves....its sickening....but i know there are plenty of good white people
out there so i don't let the racist bums change my views about them
i love how all those comments keep referring to them as ghetto filth and how they have a right to exclude them since they pay to live in the nicer area. when 1) the camp counselor lives in the very same neighborhood the club is located and 2) they didn't pay the same exact fees white member's do with food stamps they used cash. i mean seriously if they are such poor ghetto filth tell me how they can afford to send their children to summer camp and pay for fees just to go swiming? i mean since they are black animals wouldn't their poor black parents just send them into the ghetto streets with a 25 cent water and a hot sausage till the lights come on? /sarcasm

man them comments have me really pissed....and people have the nerve to say racism doesnt exist
laugh.gif
.....ima stay out this thread because i know an idiot isgoing to come in here and say something ignorant and ima keep it real but keeping it real on this site gets you banned.....so i'm out......

thats right

co sign x 1000000000000000000

Damn...didn't see this on the news
tired.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

As shocking as it may seem to some, I live in Philly and I know a few swimming clubs that won't take black people.

not it was not...
smh.gif

smh.gif
how are hbcu not self segregation? its not a historically minority college and universities. they were schools for black people built by black people. if you decide that its not worth fighting the fight to get into a "white" school and build one just for yourself thats a form key word form of self segregation. im not saying its text book but it def could make it into the foot notes.

thAt's exactly what you were advocating on the first page. Take your money elsewhere and establish yournown pools in your own communities right? Why wouldeducation be any different. Besides no one was excluded from HBCUs. But they were mainly for black people. It's not like a bunch got together and decidedthey didn't want be bothered by white people anymore.

Racism is still alive and popping.
White people always think they better than everyone else.
"They might hurt my children"
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Rasicm is still alive and popping.
White people always think they to better than everyone else.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
the irony

p.s. learn how to spell "racism." only six letters dude.

Back
Top Bottom