Private Pool Club Kicks Out Minority Kids Who Might "Change The Complexion"

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

Originally Posted by Ekin 75

Its a private pool. The owners can do whatever they want. The person who took those kids there is a #!!%!#+ too. If he lived close the private pool didnt he suspect anything. Racism is a part of life, people should just deal with it. Everyone on this website is guilty of some form of racism one time in their lives. I have called certain minorities names on a daily basis. Im Filipino we even have racism amongst each other (tagalog/illocano thing). Blacks are just as bad as whites IMO as well. Blacks can act just as grimey and effed up Billy Joe Bob dressed in best lynching whites.
smh.gif

Fame. Chill out fam. You're acting like all white people are like this. The fact that you generalized the whole white race is racist.
laugh.gif

Im black and I can't stand when people say things like this. Brothers we need to show that things are racist without being racist about it ourselves.

Racism is a part of human natrure and will never go away. How about as a race, we focus on improving ourselves, I could care less what a man from antoher race says about me
Totally get where you coming from. I knew my comments would get mistaken.
There are white people who really could care less about being racist or discriminating against someone.
But with that said. Racism is alive between both races. Its hard to play the lets just better ourselves role when these
people refuse to let you live. Just the other day I had a experience where me and my friend couldnt get into a bar because he had dreads.
Dude actually had the nerve to make up a rule saying people with dreads could not enter. What kind of sense does that make?
Some white people were in the background talking about "cut'em off". Pissed me off to say the least.
mad.gif

its ignorance and stupidity everywhere. people fear and hate what they don't understand and pass that crap onto their kids so the cycle continues.

Originally Posted by Methedy24

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by Methedy24

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

Damn...didn't see this on the news
tired.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

As shocking as it may seem to some, I live in Philly and I know a few swimming clubs that won't take black people.

- Born and raised in that illadeplh status
nerd.gif
...it ALLL depends on how YOU present yourself/come off
nerd.gif
real talk status. I've never had a problem in ANYTHING I've attempted to do in life relating to race/ethnicity. Sixty %$&*^&'s in a pool
nerd.gif
scares some people; you know
grin.gif

- If this event occured on the "main line" those little %$#@!'s would have wound up in jail, REALLLLL TTTTAAALALALALALLKKKKKKKK
nerd.gif
you sound real ignorant son. you're generalizing way too much. you have no idea how these kids "represented" themselves. from the video i saw some mild mannered black kids hurt by what happened i didnt see a single gold tooth or anything. seems to me like you feel because you haven't had any problems in life that has to do with your actions and not your tax bracket. dont be fooled into a false sense of elevation because jadakiss said it best. "white people see you got money then they start acting funny" you said it yourself you grew up in a 2% black suburb jimmy down the street might not be so quick to call you a #!*% since you have a xbox 360 and both parents at home just like him. you must be one of "the good ones" but ill bet you one thing despite all your advantages i bet you didnt go to harvard like ol homeless girl from a couple weeks back. so quit with all that bs.

- aaAyyoooo
nerd.gif

- I'm a law student, and within the next 2-3 years will be an Ivy League business school student.
grin.gif

- The video showed the black kids as victims; maybe they were, but, maybe they provoked a response. I grew up in Philadelphia, and when I was the same age as these kids, I used to act a monkey
ohwell.gif
. We, kids from a multicultural recreation center ,would travel to the private pools, similar to these individuals, and we were highly scrutinized, particularly considering that this was the early '90s. If we had acted like complete animals/monkeys, we would have been asked to leave, as well; for good... and the place I went cost much more than the rate these people paid.

- I, as a law student, will closely monitor this case; there is undoubtedly more to this than the video snippet revealed.
im a law student too, want a cookie? and you HOPE to be in an ivy league business school. unless you already got the acceptance letter that'sall hopes and dreams fam.

you really sound like a self hating black. the fact that you are quick to assume that they are merely "portrayed" as victims says a lot. theyprovoked a response? did you not read in the article that the immediate reaction of the white kids there was to jump out the pool as soon as the kids got in?do you REALLY think those kids were even given a chance to act like how did you put it "animals/monkeys?" im sure glad to have a fellow minoritygoing on to achieve such great things so they can shuck and jive in the hopes of being accepted into the good ol' boys club rather than do something tohelp others less fortune get a chance at the same opportunities.

im sure as a law student you are familiar with Professor Kenneth Clark and his little experiment with dolls. you sound like the type of cat to pick the whitedoll over the black because of your conditioning to think you have to earn white peoples respect cause they are better by default.

abeautifulhaze wrote:
Brothers we need to show that things are racist without being racist about it ourselves.

This type of stupid statement is why our children are getting kicked out of pools in 2009.

Y'all _s got no backbone.

I got no backbone?I guess MLK had no backbone huh? It isn't like MLK did the whole "im going to be racist back" think. What does coming backwith a racist insult or action do? NOTHING. How about we be smart about it, in this case the mothers and fathers of those kids should sue the *!#$ out of thesepeople. Let it be known that they aren't going to let this incident degrade them, they are going to prove to everybody that they aren't just going tocomplain about but instead take an approach that will leave those racist bums out of business.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Brothers we need to show that things are racist without being racist about it ourselves.

This type of stupid statement is why our children are getting kicked out of pools in 2009.

Co-sign.
We tried that we are the world crap. All it does is get your ran over in this world.
You put your guard down for one minute and these racists will $%@# on you.
Point blank.

How can you guard against racism? What do you suppose we do?

abeautifulhaze wrote:

I got no backbone?I guess MLK had no backbone huh? It isn't like MLK did the whole "im going to be racist back" think. What does coming back with a racist insult or action do? NOTHING. How about we be smart about it, in this case the mothers and fathers of those kids should sue the *!#$ out of these people. Let it be known that they aren't going to let this incident degrade them, they are going to prove to everybody that they aren't just going to complain about but instead take an approach that will leave those racist bums out of business.
MLK wasn't the only black leader fam and he was changing his tune nearing the end of his life.

The truth is not racism.

We need to build our own nation and power system or we will forever be oppressed.

Bootlicking and playing nice gets you no where.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

was reading this earlier....terrible.
and the comments posted in the link story are even worse.
I don't even read comments to stories about racism. When they fought at a HS basketball here in Montgomery some of the comments were"They started fighting because they saw watermelon and chicken".

abeautifulhaze wrote:

I got no backbone?I guess MLK had no backbone huh? It isn't like MLK did the whole "im going to be racist back" think. What does coming back with a racist insult or action do? NOTHING. How about we be smart about it, in this case the mothers and fathers of those kids should sue the *!#$ out of these people. Let it be known that they aren't going to let this incident degrade them, they are going to prove to everybody that they aren't just going to complain about but instead take an approach that will leave those racist bums out of business.
MLK wasn't the only black leader fam and he was changing his tune nearing the end of his life.

The truth is not racism.

We need to build our own nation and power system or we will forever be oppressed.

Go riot on the Upper East Side and see how far that takes you. You are mad misguided. If you think a nation for blacks is coming soon then I'm sorry butthat's a joke, y'all ain't even the biggest minority in America anymore that's hispanics.

Ignorance against ignorance doesn't win.

YO BUMP what everyone else in this thread is saying...

They said the OFFICIAL STATEMENT of the pool owners was to change the complexion of the pool.

Dead all this debate. That is racist. Complete and final.

Co-sign.
We tried that we are the world crap. All it does is get your ran over in this world.
Point blank.

You sound like you enjot being a victim homie.

You make your own political party, economic institution, schools, cultural institutions, etc.

Mexicans have Mexico

Peruvians have Peru

Brazilians have Brazil

Japanese have Japan

Chinese have China

Black Americans have?....Obama? Please.

No power, no constitution, no banks, no media, greatest athletes, entertainers and minds in the world controlled by your enemy.

Wake up.

And its not even an entirely black and white thing.

White people have been getting gaffled since feudalism by their own people but at least they have nationhood.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

Go riot on the Upper East Side and see how far that takes you. You are mad misguided. If you think a nation for blacks is coming soon then I'm sorry but that's a joke, y'all ain't even the biggest minority in America anymore that's hispanics.

Riiiiiight.

israel2.gif

No ones talking about rioting.

Stop being simpleminded.

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

Go riot on the Upper East Side and see how far that takes you. You are mad misguided. If you think a nation for blacks is coming soon then I'm sorry but that's a joke, y'all ain't even the biggest minority in America anymore that's hispanics.

Dude is a moron....not you airmax.

abeautifulhaze
pimp.gif
.....get 'em and tell it how it is...the ones getting mad probably share the same views as the pool owners

Co-sign.
Point blank.

You sound like you enjot being a victim homie.

You make your own political party, economic institution, schools, cultural institutions, etc.

Mexicans have Mexico

Peruvians have Peru

Brazilians have Brazil

Japanese have Japan

Chinese have China

Black Americans have?....Obama? Please.

No power, no constitution, no banks, no media, greatest athletes, entertainers and minds in the world controlled by your enemy.

Wake up.

And its not even an entirely black and white thing.

White people have been getting gaffled since feudalism by their own people but at least they have nationhood.

While I understand where that point is coming, soon enough America will be a majority minority country so I that gives me hope. Your from New York man,aren't you proud of the multiculturalism that exists here? While I believe America needs a complete revoultion in terms of government structure, I believethat the nation within 40 years will be headed in the right direction.

Maybe its me coming from a privliged background but I just believe that continually forming states around nationality only leades to continual fear of the"other," and stops human progress. I've have been on the fortunate side in this country my whole life by being privliged and white but the imo,by keeping the false idea of nationality prevalent it will just continue to create injustices in the world.

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

Why is a nation for blacks a joke?

Some people need to learn that there's is no way out of this "oppression" without any blood shed.

smh.gif

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

One, because most of you don't want your own nation

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

And who told you that?

This is horrible. I understand if the kids were acting up but if they were following the rules and being cool then I see no problem. I can't see the videobecause my laptop speakers are way way too low.

I think that some white people automatically assume that black people = ghetto people and that isn't the case. As I see it, people who grew up in badneighborhoods who are poor and are surrounded by violence are likely to follow similar paths. The truth is, the majority of these people are black but thereare other races in the mix too. And people assume because blacks are commonly from these neighborhoods, that ALL blacks are unproductive members of society.When in reality, a white person who grew up in these circumstances is just as likely to commit a crime as the black person. And a black person with positivesurroundings is just as likely to act appropriately as a white person with positive surroundings.

Once people understand that, things will go a lot more smoothly. I know what I just stated is extremely obvious and well known but it just bothers me howblacks are always associated with ghetto, violent and dumb. I just wish most of them were raised in better surroundings.

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

And who told you that?

Haven't met a brother in my life who was still preaching what the Panthers were.

Sorry, I didn't know you were the sole representative for the black community.

smh.gif
at this news. Hope those kids are able to find another pool to support them, or even another productive activity.

abeautifulhaze wrote:

The truth is not racism.

And who told you that?

Haven't met a brother in my life who was still preaching what the Panthers were.

Sorry, I didn't know you were the sole representative for the black community.

I never spoke for the black community.
But you did in stating that they wouldnt want a nation.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KEEP BUYING LUXURY DESIGNER BRANDS and imported cars.

You'll still bring down the property of their neighborhoods, you're just new money to them, theydon't want you in their private lives.

BOW BOW, BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Back
Top Bottom