Problems after working out

Whenever I go to the gym and work out for about 2 hours or so (includes running and lifting) after so I always feel light headed and nauseous. It happenswhenever I workout, I eat before working out, so I really dont see what the problem is. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 hours is a pretty long time to work out in my opinion. I would try spacing out your routines over a couple more days like do upperbody on one day, then docardio/ lower body on another day. Doing a full body workout might be too much for your body to handle. Even though you eat before you work out, you mightstill be burning way more calories than you are taking in.

Depends on a variety of factors. Assuming you are generally healthy....

You may be working out on an empty stomach and eating too close to your workout time (in other words not giving enough time to digest). You may be working outtoo long and/or at too high of an intensity (two hour workouts are a long time). You may have a generally crappy diet throughout the day. You may not begetting enough sleep. Etc.

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

u shouldnt eat before a workout, a protein shake is better before and after

What kind of 1970s logic is this?

smh.gif

I say it atleast once a week here. A protein shake before a workout is unnecesary.

Are you drinking enough water throughout the day and while you workout?

You're not drinking enough water before and DURING your workout. As the saying goes, "don't wait until you are thirsty to drink water." Also, what are you doing in the gym that takes 2+ hours? That's entirely too long IMO...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You're not drinking enough water before and DURING your workout. As the saying goes, "don't wait until you are thirsty to drink water." Also, what are you doing in the gym that takes 2+ hours? That's entirely too long IMO...
Is two hours really long?

I'm trying to lose a lot of weight and I spend like a hour on the thread mill and at least a hour on the bike.

Originally Posted by Durden7

smh.gif

I say it atleast once a week here. A protein shake before a workout is unnecesary.

not true!! you can work out, but what's the point if your muscles arent fed? what are you gonna burn?

and 2 hours is not too long.. some people drink water, other drink gatorade. both have positives and negatives.. water has no sugar in it, but gatorade,powerade are absorbed quicker into your body...

I'm trying to lose a lot of weight and I spend like a hour on the thread mill and at least a hour on the bike.
It's not so much that it's "too long" as you are wasting a lot of your time. Why not cut that in half (or more) and go at a muchhigher intensity? If you are able to honestly put in an hour on a tread and then after that hop on a bike and go another hour (and then repeat again the nextday) you likely are not going too hard. (I dunno, you may be superhuman too).

I would really check your diet and then cut your gym time in half and go all out in that time.

I eat 2-3 hours before i work out...so the food can digest, i eat 2 mc.chickens ( no mayonnaise ) wit water, no soda

I lift weights for 2 1/2 hours, then go to the stadium & run up the stairs in the hot sun...and im good!!!

So i don't kno if it's gonna work for u, but it dose fa me...

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

It's not so much that it's "too long" as you are wasting a lot of your time. Why not cut that in half (or more) and go at a much higher intensity? If you are able to honestly put in an hour on a tread and then after that hop on a bike and go another hour (and then repeat again the next day) you likely are not going too hard. (I dunno, you may be superhuman too).

I would really check your diet and then cut your gym time in half and go all out in that time.

Hmmm, I don't go too hard. I usually burn between 400-1000 calories in somewhere between 1.5-3 hours.

^ You also need to look at this another way.....do you want to burn say 500 calories while you are in the gym and then it's over with for the rest of theday? Or do you want to go at a high intensity which will put less "calories" on your screen but will allow your metabolisim to rocket allday.....thus burning more fat and cals when your workout is done and you are back at home?

You are not going to get to that next level of results until you can start to increase your normal intensity. Bust your butt. Dont kill yourself....but get outof your comfort zone and really start to mix it up (and yes, spend LESS time in the gym).

I certainly would not TELL you what to do.....but my advice? Go at a much higher pace. And ignore the calorie counter the machine gives you. THats when you arereally going to start to shed that weight. I often cringe at the dudes I see in the gym who spend 60+ minutes on the treadmill, every single morning, joggingat 5.0 to 6.0 the entire time.....and then later in the locker room continue to rap with their other buddies in there about how they "put in an hour onthe treadmill"..............yet can't lose that last 10 pounds. Meanwhile the other dudes in the gym who know what they are doing are going full outsprints for 25 minutes and funny.....those are guys who are ripped.

(Final note here is diet is as much the key as anything when talking about weight loss)

Honestly the number 1 cause of dizziness when working out is not breathing correctly. Inhale....exhale.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

^ You also need to look at this another way.....do you want to burn say 500 calories while you are in the gym and then it's over with for the rest of the day? Or do you want to go at a high intensity which will put less "calories" on your screen but will allow your metabolisim to rocket all day.....thus burning more fat and cals when your workout is done and you are back at home?

You are not going to get to that next level of results until you can start to increase your normal intensity. Bust your butt. Dont kill yourself....but get out of your comfort zone and really start to mix it up (and yes, spend LESS time in the gym).

I certainly would not TELL you what to do.....but my advice? Go at a much higher pace. And ignore the calorie counter the machine gives you. THats when you are really going to start to shed that weight. I often cringe at the dudes I see in the gym who spend 60+ minutes on the treadmill, every single morning, jogging at 5.0 to 6.0 the entire time.....and then later in the locker room continue to rap with their other buddies in there about how they "put in an hour on the treadmill"..............yet can't lose that last 10 pounds. Meanwhile the other dudes in the gym who know what they are doing are going full out sprints for 25 minutes and funny.....those are guys who are ripped.

(Final note here is diet is as much the key as anything when talking about weight loss)
I was thinking about doing a more intense workout but my breathing rhythm terrible sometimes
laugh.gif
. I gotta get that together. I tried it before because I saw a dude on the bikenext to me going hard. He alternated between level 1 and 12. He'd go all out for like a minute and then rest on 1. So I may try that next week or so afterI get my gym legs back under me.

I need a lot of advice when it comes to weight loss so whatever you have then just post it or PM me and I'll read it.

Honestly the number 1 cause of dizziness when working out is not breathing correctly. Inhale....exhale.
He's right.

I workout 2+ hours 6 days a week. and im just fine post workout.

You may be feeling ill, cuz maybe you worked out your body too much or your pre workout meal.. dont do that.

i dont eat an hour or two before the gym. that comes into play with your body.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I eat 2-3 hours before i work out...so the food can digest, i eat 2 mc.chickens ( no mayonnaise ) wit water, no soda

I lift weights for 2 1/2 hours, then go to the stadium & run up the stairs in the hot sun...and im good!!!

So i don't kno if it's gonna work for u,
but it dose fa me...

laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif

smh.gif

Exactly, you don't take protein before a workout
laugh.gif
. OP2 hours is OD my man.

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

bingo!!! inhale on the negative, exhale throughout the positive

also make sure to get enough rest in between your sets based on the kind of lifting program you're following and make sure you drink water throughout yourworkout - i drink G2

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

smh.gif

Exactly, you don't take protein before a workout
laugh.gif
. OP 2 hours is OD my man.
What do you do?

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

smh.gif

not true!! you can work out, but what's the point if your muscles arent fed? what are you gonna burn?

and 2 hours is not too long.. some people drink water, other drink gatorade. both have positives and negatives.. water has no sugar in it, but gatorade, powerade are absorbed quicker into your body...

gatorade/powerade is absorbed quicker into your body then water???? HUH?

Dude, a nice meal consisting of carbs and a lil bit of protein is 10x better than just a protien shake before a workout. The protein shake doesnt"feed" your muscles.

^ smartest thing i've read in this thread. eat some complex carbs 30-60 mins before the gym and get your water.

Back
Top Bottom