Problems after working out

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

I workout 2+ hours 6 days a week. and im just fine post workout.

You may be feeling ill, cuz maybe you worked out your body too much or your pre workout meal.. dont do that.

i dont eat an hour or two before the gym. that comes into play with your body.
This guy. Don't listen to.
laugh.gif

Alright thanks guys. I think the problem was that I wasn't drinking enough water. I just drink a lot afterwards. Usually my workout is 1-2 hours and I dosome cardio (bike or run for bout an hour) and afterwards I hit the weights for the remainder of the time. And yeah I think I should cut some time off andspread my workout through more days like you guys said.

it's not about drinking afterwards, it's about staying hydrated all the time while you work out. you dont have to be thirsty to drink, you have tohydrate yourself.

and wasnt it that electrolytes are absorbed quicker into your body than water? it also have a little bit of sugar in it, which you can burn..

just a Q, a liquid meal can't be a protein shake? cause some people use protein shakes as meal replacements..

then what do you eat before you lift? cause i know you dont go lift or run without have something in your stomach..

TheYoungestGun wrote:
it's not about drinking afterwards, it's about staying hydrated all the time while you work out. you dont have to be thirsty to drink, you have to hydrate yourself.

and wasnt it that electrolytes are absorbed quicker into your body than water? it also have a little bit of sugar in it, which you can burn..

just a Q, a liquid meal can't be a protein shake? cause some people use protein shakes as meal replacements..

then what do you eat before you lift? cause i know you dont go lift or run without have something in your stomach..

I dont see a reason why electrolytes would be absorbed quicker than water. Gatorade is essentially water and sugar so the only difference is your body isgetting the sugar/electrolytes if it needs it.

I understand that liquid meals can be used as protein shakes, and thats fine, its just when someone here says "protein shake" I always assume itsjust protein +water/milk. If someone is taking a well rounded liquid meal with some protein in it as well as carbs then its good to take before a workout. (Keep in mind that its not the protein thats important, its the carbs)

Its always better to have something in your stomach for your body to burn than getting 20 or 30 minutes into the workout and get that feeling in my stomachthat im starving. You have to have calories to burn period so eating a snack or something light is always better than not eating anything just dont eat a hugemeal then go work out.

By not eating anything and your body not having anything to burn it starts to feed on your muscles. especially if your doing a lot of cardio

Oh and i wouldnt drink gatorade stuff is bad....drink pedalite or water

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

I eat 2-3 hours before i work out...so the food can digest, i eat 2 mc.chickens ( no mayonnaise ) wit water, no soda

I lift weights for 2 1/2 hours, then go to the stadium & run up the stairs in the hot sun...and im good!!!

So i don't kno if it's gonna work for u,
but it dose fa me...

laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
my dude are you blind??
smh.gif
he said no mayo!!!

laugh.gif

i laugh at that but i know dudes who eat worse #!!% and think its a good look
tired.gif

Originally Posted by eight2one

when I first started working out that happened..Do you get enough sleep?
Uhm not really during the night, but I make it up by taking naps before I work out

Originally Posted by NIKERAINBOWS

Alright thanks guys. I think the problem was that I wasn't drinking enough water. I just drink a lot afterwards. Usually my workout is 1-2 hours and I do some cardio (bike or run for bout an hour) and afterwards I hit the weights for the remainder of the time. And yeah I think I should cut some time off and spread my workout through more days like you guys said.
you should switch your cardio until after you workout.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Is two hours really long?

I'm trying to lose a lot of weight and I spend like a hour on the thread mill and at least a hour on the bike.
It's not so much that it's "too long" as you are wasting a lot of your time. Why not cut that in half (or more) and go at a much higher intensity? If you are able to honestly put in an hour on a tread and then after that hop on a bike and go another hour (and then repeat again the next day) you likely are not going too hard. (I dunno, you may be superhuman too).

I would really check your diet and then cut your gym time in half and go all out in that time.

this kinda answers a question that's been bothering me recently..

like, i notice that when i take water/stretching breaks between sets, i can do more weight and more reps..

but when i take shorter breaks, i end up feeling more of a burn even at less weight/reps.. and now i'm more and more convinced that's more effective.

i mean, at the end of the day, isn't working out about pushing yourself to the limit and exhausting your muscles?

question though.. cardio before or after lifting?

one check your diet.... a diet is the most important factor..... second if u doin cardio for that long then cut it in half n start doin the cardio moreintense...... third rest ur muscles before u burn them out sleep atleast 7 hours

Originally Posted by NIKERAINBOWS

Originally Posted by eight2one

when I first started working out that happened..Do you get enough sleep?
Uhm not really during the night, but I make it up by taking naps before I work out

you can't compensate for a good nights rest

cut your workout time to like a hour or so, you wasting time
30 minutes cardio
upper or lower body should take max 45 minutes

you aint breathing right. you also have to concentrate on how you breathe during workouts. in throught the nose, out through the mouth. some dude at the gymalmost passed out because he was breathing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom