Protecting yourself and other party when using Paypal

I'm the buyer, not seller, and I feel there's more protection for seller rather than buyer.

As a seller, I can accept/withdraw funds for payment and then ship out the shoes, but what's to stop the seller from sending fakes or beaters or nothing at all.

Then again, as the buyer, he can accept the shoes and then do the switch-a-roo and claim the received beaters.

I'm sure there's a bunch of examples out there. I just don't want to be one of those examples.

Originally Posted by feb171963

Now what if you are the seller?? Should I feel safe accepting paypal for the shoes im selling now which includes DMP Lanyes Grapes and more??
Is it possible for the buyer to get the shoes and claim that he didnt?? I've been out of the game for a while and cleaning house on whats left in my collection which is like 25 shoes, and I dont know how paypal been these pass 3-4 years since I last used it..

Ship with tracking AND signature confirmation to the CONFIRMED address on the buyer's paypal. Don't accept multiple payments for the same shoes either. Do all of the above and you're fine

Originally Posted by feb171963

Now what if you are the seller?? Should I feel safe accepting paypal for the shoes im selling now which includes DMP Lanyes Grapes and more??
Is it possible for the buyer to get the shoes and claim that he didnt?? I've been out of the game for a while and cleaning house on whats left in my collection which is like 25 shoes, and I dont know how paypal been these pass 3-4 years since I last used it..

Ship with tracking AND signature confirmation to the CONFIRMED address on the buyer's paypal. Don't accept multiple payments for the same shoes either. Do all of the above and you're fine

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

I once heard that once the buyer removes the funds from his paypal account then Paypal cannot retrieve the funds.

Not true, They will make your account negative and if u don't pay it they send it into collection.Best thing to do is pay with a credit card thru paypal, not your bank account.With your credit card you can call them if there's a problem and they will get your money back.Paypal wont do @*#% for you.

but it is TRUE. if someone scams you and they have no money in the account then you dont get a dime back. and if they are scamming you for the sake of scamming you then they wont use the account ever again.

collections means nothing because unless paypal has your SSN they cannot do anything and it will not affect your credit score.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

I once heard that once the buyer removes the funds from his paypal account then Paypal cannot retrieve the funds.

Not true, They will make your account negative and if u don't pay it they send it into collection.Best thing to do is pay with a credit card thru paypal, not your bank account.With your credit card you can call them if there's a problem and they will get your money back.Paypal wont do @*#% for you.

but it is TRUE. if someone scams you and they have no money in the account then you dont get a dime back. and if they are scamming you for the sake of scamming you then they wont use the account ever again.

collections means nothing because unless paypal has your SSN they cannot do anything and it will not affect your credit score.

Yall gotta understand Paypal doesnt trust you either.

If you verify your account you get better benefits.

I just got upgraded to some club because I spent like 5K this year using paypal they gave me a personal customer support number to call if I had any problems

Get your paypal account verified and you should be good

I just got upgraded to some club because I spent like 5K this year using paypal they gave me a personal customer support number to call if I had any problems

Originally Posted by cartune

sorry to tell you but that's false. From what I've seen, being verified on paypal doesn't mean a damn thing if somebody's gonna scam you.  I buy a lot of high end collectibles and know plenty of "great sellers" who've disappeared with people's money at the end

Originally Posted by cartune

sorry to tell you but that's false. From what I've seen, being verified on paypal doesn't mean a damn thing if somebody's gonna scam you.  I buy a lot of high end collectibles and know plenty of "great sellers" who've disappeared with people's money at the end

condom.jpg

prepare to get %#$%%+ if you use paypal and ebay...one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom