Prove to me why Lil Wayne is great?

Lil wayne (Carter 3) 1.5 million records in first week. 50 Cent did 1.4 his first week in 2005. Economy+ iTunes/Youtube/ p2p sites/programs in June 2008. AndLil Wayne hasnt taken over America or the UK?! Every rapper has him on their debut single when trying to promote for an album. How does this not add up to lilwayne being GREAT/ ( ON HIS WAY to becoming a LEGEND in music as a whole) Nas, Jay-z ( who are currently alive) WILL NEVER SELL A MILLION IN A WEEK! but Nasand Jay Z have sold over 10-30 million records each so yea Wayne should/needs to catch up!

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

DreClark always gets emotional over Drought 3
laugh.gif

That was my summer 07 theme music

Alright +$+%@ I am D-Boy, no decoy, and I will straight up destroy any boy, or man
And I prefer, money, them %!***%! or just reefer
We are Young Money +$+%@ and I am the leader
We are Currency, Mack Maine, and D-Raw..and I just signed a chick named Nikki Menarge
And me, I'm still spittin' like a ******, and these #*%$#$ soft they should be rappin' in leotards
%@#%$ we in charge, Baby put me in charge
And I'm just murderin' #*%$#$...free of charge!
Ya dig? Just holla back I'll see ya sarge, I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

I'm so !#!@$#%$%@%@$ high I can eat a star

Genius.
^ that is EXACTLY what he is. NT be hating on Weezy HARDBODY oh my goodness
ohwell.gif
. Do you guys not see the clever/genius lyricism in the line above?!?!?! (Upgrade You Freestyle) Drought 3.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

em will see a million in a week ... probably 2

^ STOP... homie doesnt even have anyone one of his singles in the top 10 billboard 100. Em will do like 350,000-450,000. 808's & Heartbreak
debut week type numbers.

Drought 3 definitely had some hitters but it also definitely signaled the start of his wackness

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we made you was top 10 for 1 month and is #13 currently after 2.5 months ... off his old fans alone he will do 1 - 1.5... you have 0 clue what you are talking about

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil wayne (Carter 3) 1.5 million records in first week. 50 Cent did 1.4 his first week in 2005. Economy+ iTunes/Youtube/ p2p sites/programs in June 2008. And Lil Wayne hasnt taken over America or the UK?! Every rapper has him on their debut single when trying to promote for an album. How does this not add up to lil wayne being GREAT/ ( ON HIS WAY to becoming a LEGEND in music as a whole) Nas, Jay-z ( who are currently alive) WILL NEVER SELL A MILLION IN A WEEK! but Nas and Jay Z have sold over 10-30 million records each so yea Wayne should/needs to catch up!
See wayne isn't garbage, but I don't see how bringing up record sales, makes you GREAT, souljaboy and VANILLA ICE both went platinum... sorecord sales don't make an artist great.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Lil wayne (Carter 3) 1.5 million records in first week. 50 Cent did 1.4 his first week in 2005. Economy+ iTunes/Youtube/ p2p sites/programs in June 2008. And Lil Wayne hasnt taken over America or the UK?! Every rapper has him on their debut single when trying to promote for an album. How does this not add up to lil wayne being GREAT/ ( ON HIS WAY to becoming a LEGEND in music as a whole) Nas, Jay-z ( who are currently alive) WILL NEVER SELL A MILLION IN A WEEK! but Nas and Jay Z have sold over 10-30 million records each so yea Wayne should/needs to catch up!
Wayne a legend??
laugh.gif

i haven't heard everything by wayne, and i dont go out of my way to listen to him..... but everything Ive heard from him or featured him made me questionif he has down syndrome or something...

I mess wit him from C2 to current...I have not heard C1...but if he has that voice he used to have when he was younger
laugh.gif
Then no...i dont want to hear it...I USED TO HATE lil wayne big time...it wasreally word of mouth that got me into it...people around skoo were claiming he was the best alive...i was like HELL NO...so...i went at listened to C2...got myinterest...then C3 came out....IT WAS ON JAMMMMMMMMMMM lol...i dont see how yall dont like that cd...i still bump tracks on it all the time...

Im bout to catch a blaze right now...but i even liked 'lollipop'
embarassed.gif

but anyways hes currently my second favorite rapper...im not a delusional fan tho...i know his place, he is not the best, he is not a legend, he just makesmusic a mess with...

Originally Posted by MrWavez

I mess wit him from C2 to current...I have not heard C1...but if he has that voice he used to have when he was younger
laugh.gif
Then no...i dont want to hear it...I USED TO HATE lil wayne big time...it was really word of mouth that got me into it...people around skoo were claiming he was the best alive...i was like HELL NO...so...i went at listened to C2...got my interest...then C3 came out....IT WAS ON JAMMMMMMMMMMM lol...i dont see how yall dont like that cd...i still bump tracks on it all the time...

embarassed.gif

but anyways hes currently my second favorite rapper...im not a delusional fan tho...i know his place, he is not the best, he is not a legend, he just makes music a mess with...
Are you 16?

I can't believe I really hit the ignore button on two people in this thread alone. NT sucks now.

^ he HAS to be, if not younger...he never heard C1 & claims Wayne is his 2nd fav rapper! LMAO!
roll.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif
@ the hypebeasts

Hypebeasts refers to music now? Whats so wrong with what he said from C2 on according to Mr. Waves thats his 2nd fav rapper. Notice he didnt say 2nd best hesaid favorite. Cam'ron is my favorite rapper of all time but I know he isnt the best.

"B***h say Weezy make it rain I say b***h I ain't God"
"But I am God's son but you know I ain't Nas"
"See he got a positive aim and I aim nines"

You can't tell me that is not nice. It's not the best but it's a little example.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by MrWavez

laugh.gif
Then no...i dont want to hear it...I USED TO HATE lil wayne big time...it was really word of mouth that got me into it...people around skoo were claiming he was the best alive...i was like HELL NO...so...i went at listened to C2...got my interest...then C3 came out....IT WAS ON JAMMMMMMMMMMM lol...i dont see how yall dont like that cd...i still bump tracks on it all the time...

embarassed.gif

but anyways hes currently my second favorite rapper...im not a delusional fan tho...i know his place, he is not the best, he is not a legend, he just makes music a mess with...
Are you 16?

I can't believe I really hit the ignore button on two people in this thread alone. NT sucks now.

Age doesn't nessicarly have to do with good taste in music.

nobody can prove it because he is not even close to being a decent rapper let alone the greatest. i have to give it to him though, he has somehow convincedevery imbecile in the country that his music is good.

because he has gold teeth, tattoos and dreadlocks

his lyrics don't matter, he has the look of a star

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Damu

nobody can prove it because he is not even close to being a decent rapper let alone the greatest. i have to give it to him though, he has somehow convinced every imbecile in the country that his music is good.
QFT. I hate being in the minority when I argue against his music.

People act like I'm stupid for thinking he sucks.
laugh.gif

If you gotta ask if Wayne is great its too late. Wayne is that dude. He aint gotta be your favorite rapper but sayin hes not nice is just ignorant.

You gotta realize when a #+*+% does it with EASE. Wayne plays around on these tracks and spits harder than most.

Not to mention these tracks

indifferent.gif
for anybody frontin on Wayne

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by Damu

nobody can prove it because he is not even close to being a decent rapper let alone the greatest. i have to give it to him though, he has somehow convinced every imbecile in the country that his music is good.
QFT. I hate being in the minority when I argue against his music.

People act like I'm stupid for thinking he sucks.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I hate that.

Back
Top Bottom