PS3 owners, do you leave your PS3 on standby or actually hit the switch to turn it off?

I've always just left mine on standby with the red light so it's easier to turn on just by pressing the PS button, but my friend told me this is bad for my PS3, so I stopped doing that and hit the switch now. I've been doing it for about 4 years now and mine is still running fine. No YLOD or anything. Is it true that it's bad for the PS3? Thanks.

It is perfectly ok to leave it in standby mode, but it still draws power.
If you turned it off rather than left it running you would save about two dollars a year. (assume 15c / kWh)

It's bad for any electronic device to not be properly shut off every once in a while.
It's constantly leeching power even in it's standby state, which means its constantly being worn down.. albeit very slowly.

I've always shut down my gaming systems all the way. I can't ever recall a time that I was in such a rush to play a game that I couldn't wait the extra 15 seconds.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I still got my 60GB Fat on standby for years.
$2/year ain't a thing for a baller like me, nah'mean?

really tho. Mines been on standby since I got it. Same goes for my bros'.

Originally Posted by Hyper

PS3 Slims don't even have an on/off switch.

Glad I'm not trippin..I went and was looking all over mine for that switch just now smh

i always thought it was bad to hit the switch i always left mine on stand by only hit the switch the couple times it froze

Originally Posted by Hyper

PS3 Slims don't even have an on/off switch.
This.
plus i turn mines off from my controller never hit the button

and if my ps3 is idle for any longer than an hr it turns off by itself

i forgot about that off button... i got a slim.. no button here.

i thought that was the off button the whole time..

the switch in the back?

I thought when the red light was on it meant it was off? I hea no fan noise or anything

og ps3

Man to be honest, I don't even turn my *$%% off. I leave that @%!!$ on.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I still got my 60GB Fat on standby for years.
$2/year ain't a thing for a baller like me, nah'mean?

Word. It keeps the remote start functional.

my fat 60gb died for being on stand-by when i aint using it
frown.gif

IMO at least..

Originally Posted by MrBrown

the switch in the back?

I thought when the red light was on it meant it was off? I hea no fan noise or anything

og ps3

Put your hand in the back where the vdents are. You'll feel the fan blowing.

I turn if off for my PS3. It sometimes accidently powers on when it's on Standby.

I leave it on standby. I still have a fat 60gb that I replaced the 60GB with a 120SSD on Christmas of this past year.

Back
Top Bottom