PS3|PSP THD: Dirty is shutting us down, help us get to 25k before tomorrow!

Quote:
wrong. the hardcore gamers are still waiting to actually have a reason to buy the ps3. why shell out money for a system with games that you can already play on the 360 with better frame rate and smoother graphics? that is unless you have money to burn which all hardcore gamers are not rich.
hardcore gamers for a reason. These are the people that campout for consoles and games. These are the people that (in some cases) buy a console for game exclusivity. These are the people that will ride a system to the wheels fall off. C'mon son, Sony is only lowering the price of the PS3 to capture the casual gamers who still own a PS2, Xbox or even a Gamecube, they already have the majority of there hardcore market with PS3 in-home. They are (casual) a bigger market than the hardcore. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out that 360 has Live. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out PS3 has Blu-Ray. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out 360 has Halo. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out PS3 has Metal Gear Solid etc. I could go on, but im sure you get my point. It's not rocket science and it's actually quite clear.
Quote:
that price tag for 399 just may bring alot of people over the hill. tell me that does not include wifi AND blu ray too?

Wi-fi is confirm. All PS3 systems are bundle with a Blu-Ray player.
Quote:
a more featured equipped ps3? I wonder what features it will lack for Sony to be able to make $400 though...so its to early to say that it will be more featured packed than an elite

the games are not there yet...or I would have copped a ps3 by now
:tongue:
tongue.gif
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

and I may be an xbox fanboy but I cop all the consoles...I even have a ps2 and a PSP :rofl:
roll.gif
TeamLakers​
Team Otaku​

we gon call you a next-gen fanboy then son, sounds cool huh??
Quote:
Did the Pilgrims keep America after they found it? Yes they did and also beat the crap out of some Indians too.​

as much as i would love to see sony take over this holiday season and put all the fanboy talk on both sides to rest, the elite is still a better buy IMO.

from my stance, i like the franchises on the 360 and there are a lot of sony games that i can't mess w/ because i either have not played it before and therefore have no idea what's going on in later installments, or the genre of game doesn't excite me.

as far as being more "feature packed." the only edge i see is a bigger HDD (than the premium or core). reason i say this is because most games that go online do not like to play off of wifi (unless they absolutely have to). i personally have my 360 and ps3 hooked up through hardwire for a faster, more reliable connection.

card readers have also done NOTHING for me. i can't remember once that i've used them. on the other hand, i have no music/vids on my 360 at all, while i have a few movies and episodes of shows on my ps3. multimedia on my systems, other than bluray so far, doesn't sway me one way or another. i'm not sure how many people feel that way, but i see it just as a waste of HDD space.

so with the elite having a 120GB HDD and the ps3 having wifi built in + card readers, everything else between the two can be gaged at a level playing field. i don't consider myself a "hardcore" gamer, but i love playing online and the 360 has done an incredible job in that department. i hope that sony, through a few firmware updates, can up the anit a lil and hopefully make both systems put out incredible online gameplay.

again, this is just my view as far as comparing hardware is concerned. take it for whatever you want.

blah!

Quote:
These are the people that campout for consoles and games.

those days are over. the majority of people who camp out now are there to make a profit. just like in shoes, elmos, etc.

The ps3 sold more off of hype then anything. but who could blame resellers? when you can make 2 grand out of 600, wouldnt you?

Quote:
These are the people that (in some cases) buy a console for game exclusivity

no those are called fanboys. why would a hardcore gamer care about exclusivity? they dont because they will have all systems eventually.

cod4 might be the best game this year. do i give a rats @#%$ that its on both 360 and ps3? hell to the naw...

hardcore gamers dont make up petitions to keep a game exclusive to one console. fanboys do..

Quote:
Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out that 360 has Live. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out PS3 has Blu-Ray. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out 360 has Halo. Hardcore gamers are the ones that will point out PS3 has Metal Gear Solid etc. I could go on, but im sure you get my point. It's not rocket science and it's actually quite clear.
FS ALL DS Jordan Retro 3, Mars IV, And Retro V $145 shipped Each. DS Kobe All Star 2k5, Lebron 2, Nike Zoom Vick 1 $105 shipped each. ALL SIZE 12

Quote:
hardcore gamers dont make up petitions to keep a game exclusive to one console. fanboys do..
these are the people that still own a PS2, Xbox or even Gamecube and are looking to copp a next gen system (PS3 or Xbox 360) based on a cheaper price point.
Quote:
you said hardcore gamers already own a ps3. that is completely untrue.
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

i'm thinking about buying a ps3 so i can play nba 2k8. is the gb space used for saving games? i dont really care about downloading or storing movies/music on it. i havent been following these new gen consoles, somebody shed some light.
Bang like T-Mac, ski mask air it out
Gotta kill witnesses 'cause Free's beard's stickin' out

Courtesy of 1up.com1UP's Shane: DualShock 3 is "confirmed"
shane_loose_with_the_wallet.jpg
Quote:
A listen to the latest episode of the 1UP Yours podcast reveals that the rumbling DualShock 3 is "confirmed," at least according to 1UP's lead Sony fanboy, Shane. He says that TGS will ultimately reveal the long-awaited rumbling controllers and the now-legendary 2.0 firmware, which will magically allow you to run many XMB tools from within a game. We're sure Sony's going to playing hardball at TGS, and you'll probably want to tune into our continuing coverage of the event, starting this Wednesday.

My Take: :lol:
laugh.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Quote:
I'm thinking about buying a ps3 so i can play nba 2k8. is the gb space used for saving games?
Tokyo Game Show Poll
ga.00020.0120.jpg

My Take:What PS3 game are you looking foward to @ 07 Tokyo Game Show?
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Final Fantasy XIII
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Metal Gear Solid 4
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Killzone 2
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Resident Evil 5
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp LittleBigPlanet
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Devil May Cry 4
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Echochrome
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp HOME
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Other
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Kingdom Hearts and Dualshock 3 :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Team Negrodamus
TEAM BROOKLYN
TEAM HORSES
"Flying Horses. We are deep."​

I guess I'm one of the few that could give a damn about Dualshock. Honestly, it hasn't even crossed my mind since I've had my PS3, unless someone says something about it.
WHO GOT SOME GANGSTA, GANGSTA $#!*....???!!!!​

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! dualshock 3, here i come! i can finally cop a few more controllers are really get it crackin'. i've been waiting for this news since E3 and it's FINALLY here. yea, i know it sounds like a stupid reason to be hyped, but rumble is a HUGE part of gaming for me, so i can't wait. hopefully sony can keep the price point at $50 and not have to 1up the sixaxis price.

*edit* just noticed the announcement to be made about kingdom hearts at TGS and i'm pumped. i saw the first leaked footage on the game a while back and it looks incredible to say the least. can't wait to hear more about release dates and such.

blah!

IHB Ive always liked you(no rosie o) but man that $400 ps3 will seal the deal if it comes to past; and all the info u bring pretty much backs up these rumors. wifi would be the greatest edition imo with the DS3 yessir!

alot of yall are complaining about that a $400 ps3 will come with a 40gig HD. Well ok, i was told a couple days ago that u can take the HD out and put in any size HD you want and that the maneual actually tells you how to do it and what size. IHB is this true? is so then what wouls stop ppl from jus goin on newegg/ebay and buy a cheap 200gig for $60? does the OS reside on the HD it comes with?
FS: New Windows Vista Ultimate(Full Ver.) Retail $400 Cheap 4U & NEW IntelDualCore Motherboard"Ayo son im on a bench high eatin chicken wings and french fries" --Cormega

Quote:
For those that don't know Shane Kim, when it comes to Sony his word is pretty much gold, so I will have to agree with him and confirm this aswell.
KimBettenhausen
Have you ever had a dream where you were so sure was real?
What if you were unable to wake from that dream?
How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world...?

Courtesy of blog.us.playstation.comWhy no skate demo?
skatalicious.jpg
Quote:
Waiting for a demo on the PlayStation Store is like waiting for a bus. You know it's bound to come, but only vaguely know what time it should probably get there. The demo for skate seemed to hit a few more red lights than other demos -- a demo has been available on a certain other system for a week and we expected a demo for the PS3 this week. No dice! So, what gives? Patrick Seybold explains: "contrary to popular reports, I believe that the Skate demo was just officially submitted to us for test last week. Its obvious that many of you want it, and we'll do our best to get it up there as soon as we can. Hold tight."

We know it takes a little while to make sure a demo is solid enough to slap up on the PS Store, so holding tight is really our only option. It's kind of funny, though. EA claimed to have sent this demo several weeks ago for approval, but Sony says they only got it last week. EA has done very little to merit our trust, but why would they give one platform a demo faster than another? Conspiracy theorists, assemble! The rest of us, wait until this Thursday and we'll probably have the skate demo at last.

My Take:
Quote:
As for PlayStation 3 owners, your demo will be arriving sometime soon as folks at EA have said that it's been completed, sent out and is now in Sony's hands.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Courtesy of shacknews.comSony Hires new Marketing Exec. (Former SEGA guy)
stienberg.jpg
Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America Appoints New Vice President of Product Marketing Scott A. Steinberg, Digital Entertainment and Industry Veteran, Joins SCEA Management Team

FOSTER CITY, Calif., Sept. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) today announced the appointment of 20-year industry veteran Scott A. Steinberg to the newly-created role of Vice President, Product Marketing, SCEA. Steinberg will report to Peter Dille, Senior Vice President, Marketing and PlayStation Network. Steinberg, who will be responsible for all hardware, software and channel marketing for PlayStation in North America, will join SCEA officially on October 1st.

Steinberg brings to SCEA more than 20 years experience marketing entertainment and technology products at companies such as SEGA, Roxio/Napster, Liquid Audio, Eidos Interactive and Crystal Dynamics. He joins SCEA from SEGA of America where he was Vice President of Marketing, responsible for all of SEGA's consumer brand and digital commerce efforts in North America. Originally at SEGA during the height of the popularity of the Genesis platform in the early 1990s, Steinberg also worked hand in hand with the sales organization and participated in SEGA's global product planning group designed to evaluate development and licensed properties. In addition, Steinberg brings to SCEA a wealth of experience after leading Roxio's marketing and digital commerce efforts and orchestrated the marketing re-launch of the company's digital music subsidiary, Napster, as a legal digital music service in 2003.

"We are thrilled to have Scott join our team as he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the PlayStation marketing staff and the management group here at SCEA," said Dille. "Scott has an ideal blend of experience in digital entertainment and content delivery as well as a proven track record for strategic innovation and implementation within this industry. He will be a critical component for the success of our marketing efforts across the PlayStation brand moving forward."

My Take:"Sega does what NintenDON'T" :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:\
ohwell.gif
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Thought I ***** out so more Gran Turismo 5 Prologue shots because this is my most sought after game for PS3 and Tokyo Game Show. I can't wait for the Tokyo Auto Show which is when they release the game to the public! Also food for thought, GT5:tongue: supports rumble control, :wink:
wink.gif
ME0000863460_2.jpg
ME0000855387_2.jpg
ME0000863471_2.jpg
ME0000855359_2.jpg
ME0000863603_2.jpg
1316_0007.jpg
1316_0009.jpg
Quote:
Polyphony introducing a new tech, unlocked by the unique combination of CELL Supercomputer Processor and nVidia Reality Synthesizer, namned per-pixel-perfect-modelling.

Pictures are just unreal. As a car enthusiast, I just have to go ape @#%$ over the quality this game has, :wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
playing all arcade racer right now because once this drops, I'm not touching any other racer again, :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM
Google
We're Feeling Lucky.​

Those pictures are crazy clear and detailed. Very impressive.

I don't understand people basing their decisions to buy a PS3 based on the rumbling controller and whether it's going to be available or not. That's just bells and whistles that add very little to the quality of the play imo. It's a gimmick, even. A lot of you sound like you're just looking for an excuse to not have to shell out $400. Perhaps video games aren't for you?
I'm herpes free, if it matters
some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls mothers
Boycott Perishable Chinese Imports

HTML Comments are not allowed
-| H.C.I.C. |-
Respect the Head Chog in Charge​

cany anybody tell me how to d/l the demos, i can find them on the web browser but how do i d/l them and play them..ive pressed every button on the ps3 controller and none of them allow me to d/l the game
TeamKobe
I go where Kobe goes​

Back
Top Bottom