PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

http://www.sankakucomplex...tasy-xiii-is-a-bad-game/

The whole game is completely linear until halfway through [approximately 20 hours].

There are hardly any towns.

The party is always fixed. The whole game just repeats the movie-battle sequence over and over [In fact the progression is closer to movie-run-battle-run-movie-boss-movie-run-battle…].

There are rather a lot of movies.

Moving around is like a long marathon.

The whole game system is just a clone of FF10.

You can't flee battles [You can't avoid most battles either as there is no sneaking past enemies, including weak ones].

Your party is completely healed after each battle.

If the main character in your party dies it is game over [There are only ever 3 characters in battle, often less, and often fixed].

The best tactic is almost always endlessly attacking. There is next to no strategy or skill involved.

The summons' transformation scenes are a joke [i.e. Odin turning into a horse].

The story is rubbish… [Spoilers omitted, but complaints centre on Snow's constant and cringe inducing insistence that he is a hero and will "protect" whatever it is the antagonists are menacing this time]

Shopping is only done at "online" shops on save points, with no proper shops to be found.

However, this doesn't matter as you hardly ever get any money [and you can never buy anything more powerful than what you already looted].

There have been next to no changes from the demo.

The status screen displays no real information.

There are only 8 items usable in combat [For that matter, there are hardly any weapons or accessories, and the "crafting" system mostly consists of spending drops to upgrade their 2 stats].

There are no levels.

With all their advertising money, just how was it they failed even to get Famitsu to give full points?

This game sucks don't buy it.

they should have stuck with the winnning formulas of VII, VIII, VIIII, VIIIII, VIIIIIIIII, VIIIIIIII, and those other old rpgs

This new Socom DLC is
pimp.gif

There is no such thing as a bad Final Fantasy game. That review sounded mad bias

Seems to me that they expected to much

Im still going to cop

Originally Posted by Dakingii

There is no such thing as a bad Final Fantasy game.
word? I should jump on this and actually finish VII
laugh.gif

Either way, I'd also be expecting one hell of a game. How long did they take making this?
Final Fantasy XIII was first shown at the 2006 E3 convention
from wiki.
Thats 4 years (since the game comes out in 2010 in America)
4 YEARS DAWG!!!
Yea, I'm mad this game is getting bad reviews cus I wanted to cop
frown.gif

Just traded mw2 for MCLA the complete version. Reason being,last night during ffa I unloaded a whole clip into dude he didn't move,so I had time to reloadand unload another clip into dude. The lag is ridiculous. Anybody else get rid of the game cause of the online problems? On top of that I would only getKarchi,underpass,Afghan,Wasteland,and Estate for the maps.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Not being popular on teh PS3 threads FTL.
I know, right? I posted the damn info and got no love. It's all good though.

Nice name/avy btw
pimp.gif
Likewise my kind sir.
What's the meaning of Arsenal, though?
Arsenal FC (English Soccer/Football team). Grew up on the mean streets of London supportin' my Gooners
pimp.gif

As for FFXIII, I can only take reviews with a grain of salt. When I play it myself I'll pass judgment. Last I heard, Little Big Planet got great reviews...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

http://www.sankakucomplex...tasy-xiii-is-a-bad-game/

The whole game is completely linear until halfway through [approximately 20 hours].

There are hardly any towns.

The party is always fixed. The whole game just repeats the movie-battle sequence over and over [In fact the progression is closer to movie-run-battle-run-movie-boss-movie-run-battle…].

There are rather a lot of movies.

Moving around is like a long marathon.

The whole game system is just a clone of FF10.

You can't flee battles [You can't avoid most battles either as there is no sneaking past enemies, including weak ones].

Your party is completely healed after each battle.

If the main character in your party dies it is game over [There are only ever 3 characters in battle, often less, and often fixed].

The best tactic is almost always endlessly attacking. There is next to no strategy or skill involved.

The summons' transformation scenes are a joke [i.e. Odin turning into a horse].

The story is rubbish… [Spoilers omitted, but complaints centre on Snow's constant and cringe inducing insistence that he is a hero and will "protect" whatever it is the antagonists are menacing this time]

Shopping is only done at "online" shops on save points, with no proper shops to be found.

However, this doesn't matter as you hardly ever get any money [and you can never buy anything more powerful than what you already looted].

There have been next to no changes from the demo.

The status screen displays no real information.

There are only 8 items usable in combat [For that matter, there are hardly any weapons or accessories, and the "crafting" system mostly consists of spending drops to upgrade their 2 stats].

There are no levels.

With all their advertising money, just how was it they failed even to get Famitsu to give full points?

This game sucks don't buy it.

they should have stuck with the winnning formulas of VII, VIII, VIIII, VIIIII, VIIIIIIIII, VIIIIIIII, and those other old rpgs
dude, your roman numerals suck
laugh.gif

and the only FF XIII that matters is VERSUS
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Final Fantasy VIII is fun for like the first 2.5 discs. Then you end up in some lonely depressing world with sad music. Oh yeah, and Squall becomes a huge emo.
smh.gif

VIII needed a better last half than that.
Thats what I was thinking also, Cloud > Squall. Squall acts childish, like a little %$%##

Originally Posted by Dakingii

There is no such thing as a bad Final Fantasy game.
word? I should jump on this and actually finish VII
laugh.gif
wait wait wait...So FFVII is a bad game? Really? Now saying its not your favorite or not the best is understandable but to say its a bad game isludicrous

Originally Posted by Mister Wiggy

Anyone put up any good times on the GT5 demo? My best is like 1:45 which is not good.

For which car?

I find the regular 350 to hard to control, tuned is much better

but my time sucks im like 9 secs off the lap record

those roman numerals had me cracking up. you gota learn em like bart simpson man

bart was trapped in the room and only door 7 was the one without man eating tigers
"Think, Bart. Where have you seen Roman numerals before? I know...Rocky V ["vee"]! That was the fifth one. So, Rocky five plus Rocky twoequals...Rocky VII! "Adriane's Revenge"!

lmfa0 @ the roman numerals.... anyways don't care about being issued a late pass ...

BUT THIS GOD OF WAR COLLECTION IS BEYOND SERIOUS .... 1 was crack and i'm seriously drooling only a few hours into 2 ... how no 1 ever put me on to thisiono ... i said i would never get a sony console but i'm def. glad i copped ... Back to the game ...

Back
Top Bottom