PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

It has gone in another direction, but thats why I enjoy it. They aren't afriad to try things... sometimes they dont work, but usually I enjoy what they come up with. XII, IMO, was one of the best in terms of engrossing story and gameplay. I don't think people gave it a chance.

I am all for traditional JRPG's, and I love them. Look at Dragon Warrior, Star Ocean... they haven't changed the formula much from last generation to this. Heck, even farther back.

I think Final Fanatsy is the series that keeps pushing the envelope in terms of pure console RPG's. Maybe not in the best ways all the time, but you can't say you have ever played two that were similiar (aside from X and X-2).

I'm right there with you. I put 100 hours into ff12. I was more into the setting more than anything. I loved their accents and the way the dressed/looked. I actually really enjoyed that game.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by PO2345

Question:
For someone who has never been exposed to the FF series, knows nothing about the storyline or has even played a single minute of any game.
Should i purchase FFXIII? Just wondering.

PO

The short answer is probably no...

^

Get Heavy Rain instead. 

*deleted off PSN friends list*

You deleted me a long time ago
smh.gif

oh and I just bought Marvel vs capcom 2 because of that sale. is it online too
nerd.gif
? And will tatsunoko come out for the systems? Or do I really have to get a wii

I seriously hope this happens.
[h1]Shadow Of The Colossus Creator Hints At Movie Involvement, Wants PS3 Ports[/h1]
During a chat last week with Kotaku about his upcoming PlayStation 3 game, developer Fumito Ueda discussed two key, but uncertain, developments regarding his much-loved PlayStation 2 work.
Ueda indicated that he will play some role in the creation of the April-announced Shadow of the Colossus movie.The project would turn into a movie the Ueda-directed 2005 PS2adventure that featured a boy wandering the plains, hunting quietlumbering beasts. "It won't be that I'm completely not involved," hesaid of the film.

The developer shied away from providing details about the planned movie.

The spring announcement of the Hollywood project was receivedskeptically among gamers scorched by a film industry that has failed tomake good movies about games half as subtle and respected as Shadow of the Colossus. Ueda's apparent involvement in the film, if significant enough, could calm some of that concern.

Ueda also provided us a minor update on the future of both Shadow ofthe Colossus and its predecessor, Ico, on modern video game systems.Both games are considered modern classics and are at least thematicallylinked to Ueda and Team Ico's next project, The Last Guardian. (Read Ueda talk more about The Last Guardian.) The recent announcement of a slightly-enhanced port of the PS2 God of War gamesto the PS3 has compelled gamers to buzz about their hope for a similarcompilation port of the PS2's Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Thedeveloper wants it to happen too.

"I do have an interest in that," Ueda said during our Friday chat."Next week, I'll have a meeting [about the possibility] ... But itmight not be so easy, because, with both titles we really stretched thelimits of the PS2. It's complex. So it's not such an easy transfer tothe PS3. But I want to discuss it."

The work of Ueda's team lives on in many discussions about the bestvideo games of the past decade. At TGS, Ueda gave signs that that workmay also have a good future on the big screen and on the PS3 as well.

Link:

http://kotaku.com/5368694...ent-discussing-ps3-ports

Please Sony get it done.

PO i think XIII would be the best thing for you if you truly have never experienced a FF game before.

the graphics look solid, the music (if done by one of the GOAT composers Mr. Uematsu) will be super bonkers, and best believe there will be some jaw drop moments.

Now Im not a diehard RPG head (they take up so much time especially if your like me and gotta talk to everyone and access every door in every town/castle everytime you visit lol ) so take what I say as unbiased speculation - FF13 WILL be a much needed break from whats available - and in no way shape or form must you NOT play it.....@ least rent it

As an added bonus 13 prolly wont be as enjoyable/memorable as 7 so you can always go back and then check out that masterpiece and credit the series further

BTW - #$&* the V box!!!

Via examiner.com

Uncharted 2 wins AIAS 'Game of the Year'
uncharted2a1.jpg

Once again, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has won a prestigious 'Game of the Year' award. This time, though, they won it from AIAS (Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences). With the award ceremony taking place earlier this evening, Naughty Dog and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves were able to beat several of the top games from 2009 and claim the 'Game of the Year' title.

Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was able to beat Assassin’s Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Dragon Age: Origins.

One of the best single player games I ever played. Truly remarkable, a graphical beast.

Via examiner.com

David Jaffe confirms Twisted Metal for this fall!
twistedmetalblack.jpg

The 13th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards was held tonight in Las Vegas. David Jaffe, a presenter at the event, made a curious statement while on the podium. After a heckler shouted out “Twisted Metal

Originally Posted by i3allistic

yellow dog linux anyone?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
You heard too?

Via yellowdog-board.com

PS3 Firmware update to remove other os feature in hopes of foiling hacking community
linux-on-ps3.jpg

Owen Stampflee Linux Product Manager for Fixstars Corporation made the following post in the yellowdog-boards(YellowDog Linux forums).

"Everyone,

I've caught a rumor from a reputable source that the next http://n4g.com/gaming/News-478833.aspx#firmware update for old PS3s will remove the OtherOS feature...

I'm not sure if it's true or not but it's in the best interest of the YDL community to spread the word.

Cheers,
Owen"

It can be speculated that this is sony's answer to geohots exploit which utilizes the other os feature.

smh.gif

Via startgame.org

FIFA 10 Patched To 1.03
fifa10milan1256330779.jpg

Upon booting FIFA 10 earlier today I noticed that there was a new patch, 1.03. At first I thought it would be to iron out some of the bugs, like mid-match freezes and the broken local multiplayer. What it is, in fact, is not to fix any of those things.

The patch is there in preparation for the launch of FIFA 10 Ultimate Team. This year’s Ultimate Team will have a few changes to last year’s and will be coming to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live later this month.

Didn't this game sell something like 11 million copies worldwide? Fastest selling sports game in videogame history?

Via thatgamingsite.com

New God of War 3 Demo landing next week?
god_of_war_3_e3.jpg

With God of War 3 firmly set for a March release, Sony has remained tight-lipped over the release of a demo hitting PSN. Whilst a demo is almost certain to hit the Playstation Store shortly before the games release, the fine print of a pre-order deal has pointed to a potential public release.

UK-retailer GAME is offering those who pre-order the game online exclusive early access to the God of War 3 demo as of tomorrow. A quick browse of the terms & conditions highlight this fact:

“As of the 25th February the demo will no longer be exclusive to Game.co.uk.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by i3allistic

yellow dog linux anyone?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
You heard too?

Via yellowdog-board.com

PS3 Firmware update to remove other os feature in hopes of foiling hacking community
linux-on-ps3.jpg

Owen Stampflee Linux Product Manager for Fixstars Corporation made the following post in the yellowdog-boards(YellowDog Linux forums).

"Everyone,

I've caught a rumor from a reputable source that the next http://n4g.com/gaming/News-478833.aspx#firmware update for old PS3s will remove the OtherOS feature...

I'm not sure if it's true or not but it's in the best interest of the YDL community to spread the word.

Cheers,
Owen"

It can be speculated that this is sony's answer to geohots exploit which utilizes the other os feature.

smh.gif

Great, just when I was going to go buy a 320 gig HD to replace the 60 that came in mine. Was going to put Linux on it.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Meet the yakuza in new Yakuza 3 trailer

Ill demo, gonna copp the retail.
Honestly after downloading & playing the demo today. I was not feeling the game at all. Not enough to spend $60 for it. Might rent it sometime later but right now just to many great games coming out that I'm buying less than 2 months with Heavy Rain, MLB 10 The Show, God Of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, and heck I probably will get Red Dead Redemption also in April since that month is when my b-day is.

ffXIII isn't a good game to start out with IMO if you're new to ff. ffVI, VII or IX would probably be better.

ffXIII has like no towns, battling bosses is not as straightfoward as it was in the past and neither is leveling up, getting weapons, etc.

How long does it take to complete WKC, i want to start it today but i have to go back to school wednesday night so i want to complete it before i leave

Also played the demo of Heavy Rain, i found it to be boring

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

How long does it take to complete WKC, i want to start it today but i have to go back to school wednesday night so i want to complete it before i leave

Also played the demo of Heavy Rain, i found it to be boring

If you play it through with no quests, you could probably beat it in 25-30 hours.

Quests are the funnest part, though.

OMG, I am getting so close to finishing God of War 1.....welcome to 2005 HOVKid

I finally, after about 40 tries made it past the part when you have to walk along those beams high in the air with the spinning blades.

Killed that huge monster against he door and am working on the necklaces.

This game is really awesome.  I think when I finish I am going to move on to Uncharted 1 so I can play Uncharted 2.  I can't bring myself to play 2 until I finish 1.

I really want to play Bayonetta though....might have to go to that.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

OMG, I am getting so close to finishing God of War 1.....welcome to 2005 HOVKid

I finally, after about 40 tries made it past the part when you have to walk along those beams high in the air with the spinning blades.

Killed that huge monster against he door and am working on the necklaces.

This game is really awesome.  I think when I finish I am going to move on to Uncharted 1 so I can play Uncharted 2.  I can't bring myself to play 2 until I finish 1.

I really want to play Bayonetta though....might have to go to that.
What about God of War II? Bayonetta was sick IMO.

Small problem,

I been trying to connect my ps3 to my modem by plugging the Ethernet into the back of the ps3 but i keep getting a failed signal.
I use the same cable to plug into my laptop and the internet works fine.
I tried to do it "Easy" and "custom" none of them work.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Originally Posted by 1YoungBlink1

Small problem,

I been trying to connect my ps3 to my modem by plugging the Ethernet into the back of the ps3 but i keep getting a failed signal.
I use the same cable to plug into my laptop and the internet works fine.
I tried to do it "Easy" and "custom" none of them work.
Anyone know what the problem is?
DNS server error maybe.  My best bet is connect it.  Shut off your router, your modem, and your PS3 off totally by unplugging them.  After 30 secs-1 min plug all of them in again.  And retry doing everything through the PS setup.  Just try allow it to do all the detecting it can automatically. 

Back
Top Bottom