PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Hybrid? Anything to add?

[h1]
[h1]
Final Fantasy XIV Beta Detailed
[/h1][h2]
Square Enix's next big MMORPG gets mention at this year's VanaFest event.
[/h2]
by Anoop Gantayat

March 1, 2010 - Square Enix has been keeping quiet on Final Fantasy XIV since the Tokyo Game Show, with only occasional updates on jobs and gameplay systems. But it looks like the silence is going to end shortly -- whether they like it or not.

At the annual VanaFest event, held in Tokyo on the 28th, the company gave preliminary details about alpha and beta test programs for FFXIV. The company said that starting today (March 1), it would begin contacting players who were lucky enough to be selected for the tests. In addition, all attendees at the VanaFest received invites.

While it did not say exactly when the beta and alpha tests would begin, March 11 will see the opening of a beta tester site which can only be viewed by testers.

The alpha will, of course, take place before the beta. During an interview session following VanaFest, producer Hiromichi Tanaka said the length of the alpha test would be determined by player feedback.

VanaFest is actually a Final Fantasy XI event, and Square Enix had plenty to announce for the long running MMORPG. Announcements included a gradual level cap increase to level 99 and the Abyssea series of battle-oriented add-ons. Attendees were captivated for over three hours of stage events, including live FFXI music.

For all the details on what's new this year for FFXI, see the FFXI official site event report.
[/h1]

importking go with the show, 2k baseball has been horrible year after year

or just go to some game websites and check reviews, but dont bother with ign

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Hybrid? Anything to add?

[h1]
[h1]
Final Fantasy XIV Beta Detailed
[/h1][h2]
Square Enix's next big MMORPG gets mention at this year's VanaFest event.
[/h2]
by Anoop Gantayat

March 1, 2010 - Square Enix has been keeping quiet on Final Fantasy XIV since the Tokyo Game Show, with only occasional updates on jobs and gameplay systems. But it looks like the silence is going to end shortly -- whether they like it or not.

At the annual VanaFest event, held in Tokyo on the 28th, the company gave preliminary details about alpha and beta test programs for FFXIV. The company said that starting today (March 1), it would begin contacting players who were lucky enough to be selected for the tests. In addition, all attendees at the VanaFest received invites.

While it did not say exactly when the beta and alpha tests would begin, March 11 will see the opening of a beta tester site which can only be viewed by testers.

The alpha will, of course, take place before the beta. During an interview session following VanaFest, producer Hiromichi Tanaka said the length of the alpha test would be determined by player feedback.

VanaFest is actually a Final Fantasy XI event, and Square Enix had plenty to announce for the long running MMORPG. Announcements included a gradual level cap increase to level 99 and the Abyssea series of battle-oriented add-ons. Attendees were captivated for over three hours of stage events, including live FFXI music.

For all the details on what's new this year for FFXI, see the FFXI official site event report.
[/h1]

Closed alpha details:

-Freeze for content was this weekend.
-March 22 is what they're shooting for closed alpha to kick off
-There's 6 quests you can do. 3 are story related
-No PvP
-UI looks pretty placeholder for right now
-8 jobs/classes will be available, this may be cut to 6 depending on how broken things are
- It's still very early in development in terms of content IN the game. The long run scenario and system is polished (on paper)
-Most interesting gameplay attribute is the ability to cast while moving
-If I could use one word to describe what this game is about it would be "religion"

More info to come for those interested

So here's a Blackberry pic from my desk, look what just happened:

20uej9f.jpg

This has been a bad weekend with my home 360 red ringing as well. (FYI the PS3 is a test kit but obviously doesn't work because of the bug) It's been a wonderful few days for all things gaming realted
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

20uej9f.jpg

This has been a bad weekend with my home 360 red ringing as well. (FYI the PS3 is a test kit but obviously doesn't work because of the bug) It's been a wonderful few days for all things gaming realted
eyes.gif

is that xbox one a test kit also?

also whats the word on the developers side, are we all just supposed to wait it out and let the clock fix itself?

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

20uej9f.jpg

eyes.gif

also whats the word on the developers side, are we all just supposed to wait it out and let the clock fix itself?
Looks like a retail kit since there's no devkit hard drive, unless that's his home 360 he's talking about.

E-mail tech support, no losses.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

20uej9f.jpg

eyes.gif

No the 360 test kits have a large addition to the top of the console. That's just a plain 360 with Partnernet access.

From the Dev side we got an E-mail from Sony talking about the issue and telling us basically not to do jack with our older dev kits, test kits, etc. I posted that a few pages back. Today, we've been told that it MAY fix itself tonight but my personal hunch is that people are going to have download a patch and run it via a USB drive.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Hybrid? Anything to add?

[h1]
[h1] [/h1]
[/h1]

Closed alpha details:

-Freeze for content was this weekend.
-March 22 is what they're shooting for closed alpha to kick off
-There's 6 quests you can do. 3 are story related
-No PvP
-UI looks pretty placeholder for right now
-8 jobs/classes will be available, this may be cut to 6 depending on how broken things are
- It's still very early in development in terms of content IN the game. The long run scenario and system is polished (on paper)
-Most interesting gameplay attribute is the ability to cast while moving
-If I could use one word to describe what this game is about it would be "religion"

More info to come for those interested

pimp.gif
 I'm excited. The prospect of a solid FF MMORPG is awesome.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

How that nation-wide blackout going for ya!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Psn : JordanDon23

Say word, hows it going for YOU?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't know...Last time i played my ps3 was when uncharted 2 came out [/color]
pimp.gif

Would it be possible to pick up the new FF without playing the old ones? Or would it totally ruin the experience and I've no clue what was going on. I've heard the FF series was good but I never got into it though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I wouldn't know...Last time i played my ps3 was when uncharted 2 came out [/color]
pimp.gif

Then leave
indifferent.gif
Take your fanboyism to the thread directed at the problem, like all the other 360 fanboys.

Originally Posted by Noskey

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Then leave
indifferent.gif
Take your fanboyism to the thread directed at the problem, like all the other 360 fanboys.
you_mad_5.jpg

i thought this problem only affected/effected (which ever) the "fat" ps3's?
i'm scared to turn mine one to have all my data lost
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Capo617

Would it be possible to pick up the new FF without playing the old ones? Or would it totally ruin the experience and I've no clue what was going on. I've heard the FF series was good but I never got into it though.
Absolutely possible. The storylines never continue (with the exception of the VII collection and X-2).

Originally Posted by Capo617

13 is nothing like any of the old ones. You can pick it up without playing the old ones and I would assume you would enjoy it more not having the old ones to compare to.

theres always gonna be a fanboy thats gonna come in & bash the ps3 just like someone will go & bash the 360

its gonna be like this always, ignoring & letting them say what they want without a response is the best thing to do

anyway, blu rays & dvds work fine, just tried it

[h1]
[h1]
Error 8001050F: What We Know About the Death of the PSN
[/h1][h2]
Lots of PlayStation 3s can't play games; we explain why.
[/h2]
by Greg Miller and Chris Roper

March 1, 2010 - It should have been a calm, simple Sunday night, but on Feb. 28, 2010, all hell broke loose. In the blink of an eye everyone went from happily gaming on their PlayStation 3s to being totally screwed by the biggest system blackout in the history of the videogame industry.

This is the curse of Error 8001050F.

Yes, an error in the internal settings of the PlayStation 3 is crippling certain consoles. The affected PS3s can't play games or connect to the PlayStation Network, and their system clocks have been automatically reset to 12/31/99. Worse yet, Trophies earned before syncing the system appear to be lost and in some cases "corrupted", which would make it seem like you'll never get them back again.

It's a sad day to be a PS3 owner.

Rather than weep in an IGN HQ that has zero PlayStation 3s running for the first time in years, we thought we'd walk you through what we know – there's a lot of misinformation out there.

What systems are affected?
Right now, only the older PS3 "Fats" are in trouble; but not all of them (though it is the majority). The newer PS3 Slims are operating without issue.

What the hell happened?
In short: bad stuff. Sony says that there's a bug in "the clock functionality incorporated in the system". What that means is that affected systems are resetting their internal clocks to 12/31/99, and this is causing a whole mess of problems including the inability to log into the PlayStation Network, start games and play certain video rentals. In addition, Trophy data for the games you're trying and failing to play turns into "corrupt data".

error-8001050f-what-we-know-about-the-death-of-the-psn-20100301112807514.jpg

How do we fix it?
We don't know yet. Sony says that its engineers are working on it and that they hope to have it resolved by Tuesday morning. There are a handful of fixes that users have come up with floating around Internet forums, but we'd suggest waiting it out for an official fix.

I have a fat PS3. What should I do now?
Don't turn it on. Sony's asking you to keep it turned off until they have a fix in place.

When will it be fixed?
We don't know yet. Sony tells us that its engineers are working on it and that they hope to have the issue fixed in the next 24 hours (Tuesday morning).

My Trophy List shows corrupted data. Will I ever get those Trophies back?
Officially, we don't know, but off the top of our heads, you're screwed if you had stuff on there that you hadn't synced with the PlayStation Network yet. See, until you sync your Trophies with the PSN, they live on your system. If that data gets corrupted, you can't sync it with the Network; you'll lose those Trophies. Sony's even preparing you for this sad truth with its official line of "In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data." Thankfully, if you synced before the corruption, you should be able to sync when all this is over and get your Trophies back on your system. Or we hope so anyway...

What about my saves? Are they corrupted, too?
Unlikely. We have a corrupted system, and our saves appear to be fine, but we won't know for sure until this is all over.
[/h1]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif
Son, you got a 360, the last time you played any videogame was NFL2k1.

Back
Top Bottom