PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1]DC Universe Online Delayed, Beta Launch Imminent[/h1][h2]The good news? There's a PS3 collector's edition now.[/h2][h2]October 4, 2010[/h2]

by Greg Miller

Turn off the bat-signal, stop doodling your costume ideas, and hang up your cape -- DC Universe Online will not be coming this November.

Sony Online Entertainment broke the news today that its DC Comics MMO (the one that allows you to create a hero or villain and live in the comic book universe) is getting pushed backed from November to early 2011.

"SOE is dedicated to delivering the highest quality game experiences possible," says John Smedley, Sony Online Entertainment president. "DC Universe Online is the first game of its kind, and a truly massive undertaking -- the first action MMO set in the DC Universe, the first MMO on the PlayStation 3, and the first time the entire DC Universe will be accessible to the millions of fans who are eagerly anticipating its release. As the game heads into external beta testing, this extra time will allow us to address community feedback in a meaningful way. When we get deeper into external beta, we'll be able to share more information regarding the new launch date."

While the delay is bad news for fans looking to put on a pair of tights on the retail servers, SOE coupled it with news on the forthcoming DCUO beta. Players with VIP cards from events like San Diego Comic-Con and those who have already registered on the DCUO website will receive beta access starting as early as next week. Everyone who preorders the game in North America by November 15, 2010, is assured beta access by November 30, 2010.

If you preorder the game after November 15 in North America, you'll get beta access one week prior to the launch date but be able to jump into a "special beta ending event" called Battle of the Legends with the rest of the beta participants. Beta users also get a special emblem for their character when the game goes live.

Rounding out the DCUO news blast is the announcement that there's going to be a PlayStation 3 DC Universe Online Collector's Edition after all. This will include the same stuff the PC collector's edition was set to get -- namely a Jim Lee Batman statue, art book, the DC Legends comic book, and a Jim Lee-drawn poster.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

MoH will be a rent on day one. But I can tell you I'm not gonna be playing anything other than a certain Call of Duty game, come November.

Honestly, the only reason I am getting Black Ops is because of my friends and NT. Its really the only game a ton of people play online.

I am really not that excited for it.
ohwell.gif

me too

I'm sure plenty of people will still be playing MW2.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Picked up the game last Friday. Been playing it ever since. %+%@ is 
pimp.gif

Wait it's out? %%%!! Gotta run and copp that!

Official release date is Oct. 5th but my spot let me have my copy mad early.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Picked up the game last Friday. Been playing it ever since. %+%@ is 
pimp.gif

Wait it's out? %%%!! Gotta run and copp that!

Official release date is Oct. 5th but my spot let me have my copy mad early.
pimp.gif

[h1]President Obama, Palin in NBA Jam[/h1][h2]Democrats vs. Republicans, who has more ups?[/h2][h2]October 4, 2010[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

NBA Jam's tradition of including hidden celebrities, musicians, and political figures on team rosters continues in EA Sports' latest revival of the arcade basketball franchise.

According to a report from
ESPN, a secret Democrat team featuring President Obama, Joe Biden, Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore will be playable alongside a Republican team that includes George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, John McCain, and **** Cheney.

"All of the different versions had so many hidden characters like Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton and The Fresh Prince," Trey Smith, creative director on the title told the website.

nbajam_1286258023.jpg

"Just odd, random stuff, and it's that surprise that speaks to the mantra of what 'NBA Jam' is all about. Since the very beginning, we wanted to be true to the original 'Jam,' and these secret characters and the element of surprise is something we hung our hats on very early."

He also revealed legendary rap group the Beastie Boys would also be unlockable in the game. Smith would not say, however, what the codes were to unlock these hidden characters.

NBA Jam is set for release on the Nintendo Wii this week. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions will be released at a later date.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

The FFXIII team originally had some big download content plans, Toriyama and Kitase revealed in the interview. Plans were in place for an area called "Seventh Ark" which would feature "quest-like play" and "free battles." This was put on hold because it didn't reach the desired quality and because of the major differences between the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 network systems.

Told you guys
eyes.gif

Did anybody copp Move? Is it worth it?

I'm hoping to find a nice deal this holiday. the price is too steep right now. ( i want to buy the navigation contoller at the same time)

Back
Top Bottom