PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Why IS EA favoring Sony now?

You gotta think M$ has made them alot more money...

i believe it was the partnership that Microsoft and activition took during the release of MW2.

now EA shows most of the media footage of their games on the ps3

^You and me both. As with the other two, I'll be scooping this up first day.

Welcome to the fam bittersweet
smile.gif

Ill pick up R3 if its more like the first one and less like the second one. I think it really went away from what made the first such a good game, and decided to copy COD as much as it could.

Can anyone recommend me some good games for the PSP? I got Chinatown Wars, LBP, SOCOM, Rockband, and Ratchet & Clank. A good RPG perhaps?

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

Can anyone recommend me some good games for the PSP? I got Chinatown Wars, LBP, SOCOM, Rockband, and Ratchet & Clank. A good RPG perhaps?
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (not PO Plus)
Syphon Filter Logans Shadow

Gamescom DC Online trailer

August 18th, 2010 @ 14:27
By Joe Anderson

dc1

A new trailer has hit for DC Online Universe, asking whether you will choose to save the World or destroy it.

The footage shows characters climbing buildings, flying and fighting against familiar looking superheroes in backdrops you are sure to recognise.

It’s playable in Germany right now at GamesCom, so hopefully we will be able to bring you more on this title soon.

Lookin' forward to see what they have in store for Resistance 3. First day cop for me. I really like what they did with the teaser trailer for Resistance 3.

Crisis Core: FFVII would be my pick.

Dissidia is great... it's like a fighter mixed with an RPG. I am not a fan of fighters, but really enjoyed Dissidia.

I'd also suggest FF: Tactics or Jean D'Arc (both of which you can probably scoop for like $10)

from slashgear.com

[h2]Japan to get blue PS3 in November along with Gran Turismo 5[/h2] By Shane McGlaun on Wednesday, Aug 18th 2010 No Comments

Here in the US you can buy cool blue controllers for the PS3, but we are stuck with plain black color for our PS3s. Gamers over in Japan will get a cool Blue PS3 that matches those blue controllers we get there in the US starting on November 3.

blueps3-sg.jpg

The blue PS3 will launch along with Gran Turismo 5, which will be one of the best games on the PS3 this holiday season. The blue PS3 will be bundled with the Gran Turismo game and will be called the Gran Turismo 5 Racing Pack. That bright blue hue sprayed on the PS3 is Titanium Blue and will sell for the equivalent of $421.

The bundle will sport a 160GB HDD and the Gran Turismo 5 game will be the Limited Edition version sporting five DLC cars and a 308-page book. There is no word on if this special bundle will come to the US or not.

Looks pretty ill..

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Crisis Core: FFVII would be my pick.

Dissidia is great... it's like a fighter mixed with an RPG. I am not a fan of fighters, but really enjoyed Dissidia.

I'd also suggest FF: Tactics or Jean D'Arc (both of which you can probably scoop for like $10)

I played the Dissidia demo and enjoyed it. When i get home i am going to purchase Peace Walker and GOW and perhaps Dissidia.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

Via MyGamerTalk
[h1][/h1]
[h1]New Copies of Madden 11 are being sold for less, only a week after launch.[/h1]
by Alan on 18/08/2010

Unfortunately, Drew Brees isn't enough to save Madden sales this year.

Who would have guessed that after only a week of sales, retailers are having to discount the newest version of Madden. I’m completely shocked. I thought I was the only one who’s fed up with the bite sized updates every year.
It’s completely normal for Amazon to offer a modest discount on brand new video games, but less than a week after release, the Xbox 360 edition of Madden has been discounted to $49.99 from $59.99.

Now if we hit the rewind button back to 2009, Madden 10 wasn’t discounted by Amazon until September 3, a full 20 days after release.

And it’s not just Amazon.

GameStop (GME), the nation’s largest video-game retailer, has also instituted a $10 price cut on the Xbox 360 and PS3 editions of Madden. This is worrisome because, in my experience, GameStop hasn’t been as price-aggressive as Amazon.

If we rev up the time machine, we can see that 2009’s Madden 10 actually suffered a year-over-year sales decline in its initial month of sales, despite being the highest-rated Madden game in history at the time, as measured by GameRankings.com.

Madden 11
reviews thus far are very positive and actually average out above last year’s edition as I write this. However, if the price is being cut so soon, the marketplace is telling us that this critically acclaimed puppy is almost definitely moving less units than Madden 10, which again, didn’t do as well as Madden 09.

Via MinyAnville

Now it always sucks to see a game not do so good in sales, even if it is Madden. But this has been a long time coming for EA. People don’t want to pay full price for a roster update and a few new features. Maybe Madden taking a year off isn’t such a far-fetched idea after all?

Back
Top Bottom