purple foams?

Unless people want to scan and post up shipping manifests I call BS on the amount "available" to the public. Story of Eggplant Foams and RPS tocome......

Alright, 9 pairs total this morning. One of each size, no.

My boy and I were #1 and #2 in line. [tangent] Now, I don't care what shoe launch it is, all things equal, if you're the first person in lineyou're getting your size. [/tangent] I wear 10.5 and he wears a 11. RPS had neither size. They tried to play the role like "Nike doesn'talways send us all the sizes". BS dudes. You had an 8, 8.5, 10's, 11.5's, 12, 13 and another odd scattered size but no 9.5, 10.5 or 11? Who doyou think you're foolin'? Am I the only one who thinks their secrecy about the quantity, before the launch, was fishy? Humor me here. Two cases wouldbe 16 pairs. 9 pairs to the public. 7 pairs left out. Let's see (2) 9, (2) 9.5, (2) 10.5, (1) 11 or any combination between the four sizes. Remember,there were two size 10's. If I'm off I know I'm not off by much. By the way, you sent both of us red flags by the look on your faces when youheard your first two customers wanted 10.5 and 11.

So you may say to yourself. They're holding pairs for the homies. I don't normally have a problem with this but they were telling people that theydon't hold pairs in order to keep things fair. OK. Well, here's where I have a problem with that. One person (who will be named X) in the line is aNT employee. This persons credibility is strong in that "X" broke down the whole NT Seattle/Doernbecher AJ1 fiasco. In mighty fine detail I mayadd. Basically confirming what we all specualted (different time). This person knew for a fact that RPS was holding a pair for one of NT's managers. Double talk.....hmmm.....sounds like something Capital would do. Oh wait....

Let's add one more shady aspect to the mix. I bought a size 10.

30w3674.jpg

Opened the box in the parking lot and this is what I see (please don't even try to deny this. There were 4 witnesses).....

f4hikx.jpg

59sqad.jpg

2q1vyio.jpg

....are you freakin' kidding me? RPS fam you could have at least played it off by properly re-lacing the shoe and wiping off the floor dust you left onmy sole. So, why didn't I switch for the other size 10? Passing the buck makes me just as inconsiderate as the person who did this.

In a way I'm glad you left the shoe like this. It just another thing that shows me and everybody who sees this your true colors. Different store name,same shady bull$hit. Shame on me for buying into all this "we refreshed our look, give us another chance" business.

I will thank you for giving me the opportunity to meet some cool cats. We chopped it up and had a good time. Too bad we all left with a sour taste in ourmouth.

Originally Posted by dcortes23

Platinum # 206-575-7785. I know it was BS at RPS with 8 pairs but thats how much they were allowed to receive from nike. Platinum only 9 pairs. Tacoma, only 7.

Untrue! Just got the e-mail from the NW Nike rep that RPS got a FSR + more. I have not looked into Platinum yet but will request the manifests so that theSeattle businesses start coming clean to its consumers. I have linked this thread to the proper Nike affiliates so please continue to voice your opinion hereon how shops are violating consumers trust.

thank GOODNESS for the other people on NT who were willing to help me out with these, otherwise i would have had ZERO chance at scoring a sz 9

the only

So the only way i could possibly imagine them getting 9 pairs, is if they were sent them individually, which is not likely, most of the time, nike shoots outshipments in 12, or 18 pairs right, if my stock exp. comes back to mind, this is how it should be...

most of the time its

9.5x2
10x2
10.5x2
11x2
11.5x2
12x2
13x2

and yes, if RPS did in fact receive only 9 pairs, they should be getting a 2nd wave to cover the sizes missing, nike generally does NOT send shipments inshoddy #s, and IF they do, like they often do with Footlocker and their shipping issues, they'll send more pairs out to cover it.

From one of my friends in Cali, he actually placed the order for his stores foamposites, about 6 months ago to be exact.

so that would be.......end of aug-start of sept, where RPS has changed owners since....march if i remember correctly

i just brought this up, because somebody mentioned that they place the order for these and forgot how many sizes they were getting, i doubt that would behighly unlikely, because with such an odd # such as 9, one would believe that they would have remember something being "odd" about the order

I mean, with some stores and their nike sb shoes, they at least notify their customers that they're only going to sell "xx" pairs ofshoes.....the least RPS could have done is left a sign on the window saying, "sorry but sizes X X X X xx X X x" are gone, where although that wouldleave a salty taste in peoples mouths, for those who were actually out there for 11 hours would be able to justify it and, start thinking if it's worth itto wait for the shoes that long

Yea, if you guys are indeed plugging up the homies, which as Heelintoe as stated might be going on, there is no problem with that, you guys have the right todo WHATEVER you want with your store, it's your store, your the boss....but it is the people who support local companies, and when you guys don'tinform people of whats up and whats going on, you might as well start calling yourself Capital 1524 again, and start selling olympic air max 95s, in a"limited edition box xx/50"", that was cheaply done, and include an orchard street shirt while your at it, and a cd too. Then make sure you tellyour consumers that this is a limited edition shoe, and jack up the price

Please do not go back down this route, shoes are just shoes, but when you start playing with peoples emotions, time, money, their good belief in thestore....it gets ugly, and we know where that path goes down....

and the shoe was tried on? for the guy who was #1 in line....?.....faulty...red flag

The Nike Rep. has an amount of shoe she has to allocate within the stores that she is a rep for. So the rep has lets say 100 shoes and ten stores that he/sheis a rep for. In order for everybody to have a chance to get the shoe the rep has to evenly allocate the shoes. So 100 shoes 10 stores each store will only get10 pairs each. If the rep thinks this store will sell more than another store he/she will give the other store 10 more pairs. Which will leave one store with20 pairs and now has to allocate 80 pairs for 9 stores. I worked for Platinum for a little less that 2 years now. And I ask the owner Paul why wouldn't wejust order 40 pairs of every hott shoe. CDP xi/xii, purple foams etc. And this is pretty much what he said to me.

Hope this will makes sense and sorts out any controversy on how many pairs each store gets.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

i see, so store allocations are different then retail stores....interesting
exactly what it is!! Retails stores have different sales reps than mom and pops store.

Thanks for the break down. Let's speak more literal. Do you know if your rep handles both Platinum and RPS? Do you know your Reps allocation between all ofhis/her stores? More specifically the actual allocation of Foams in the NW. As far as I know Platinum and RPS are the only stores to receive them. A"breakdown" of what Platinum has on hand [to the public] was posted on ISS. Are you in the position of confirming what is being offered to the publicfrom your stores. Like all others I imagine you have a couple stashed away. Fine with me. I'd hope this would be put out instead of double-talk.

Sorry if I'm grilling. My interest lies in future releases. As long as a shop is straight up with me [withholding sizes or not] they deserve my business.1/2 cents are hot and I need to know if Platinum is in my future......

Man this became a big fiasco! Thank goodness I'm not doing any of this locally. Too much drama.

Paid 30$ more than what I'd get locally and I'll be getting them no problems.
smile.gif
I guess that's $30 fee is really peace of mind and comfort ofknowing you're getting the kicks w/o any waiting or worrying
smile.gif

Originally Posted by dcortes23

The Nike Rep. has an amount of shoe she has to allocate within the stores that she is a rep for. So the rep has lets say 100 shoes and ten stores that he/she is a rep for. In order for everybody to have a chance to get the shoe the rep has to evenly allocate the shoes. So 100 shoes 10 stores each store will only get 10 pairs each. If the rep thinks this store will sell more than another store he/she will give the other store 10 more pairs. Which will leave one store with 20 pairs and now has to allocate 80 pairs for 9 stores. I worked for Platinum for a little less that 2 years now. And I ask the owner Paul why wouldn't we just order 40 pairs of every hott shoe. CDP xi/xii, purple foams etc. And this is pretty much what he said to me.

Hope this will makes sense and sorts out any controversy on how many pairs each store gets.
Good job in breaking it down, dcortes23. For your store, sounds like you have an Urban Dealer or Urban Elite account at themost. Again, its what your rep think fits your store. The reps job is to try and differentiate each store in an area's assortment of Nike without too muchcrossover. That way the customer can support more than 1 store in a market.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't RPS have an Urban Energy account? There is a difference between these kind of shops and the wayallocations are handled. RPS may have went down a level or two due to their dismal sales the past couple years without my knowledge so hopefully someone canclear this up.

dcortes23-I believe your shop is in the clear but thanks for chiming in. I'm sure customers will have a positive experience attempting to grab a pair ofpurple foamposites on Thursday from Platinum.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Thanks for the break down. Let's speak more literal. Do you know if your rep handles both Platinum and RPS? Do you know your Reps allocation between all of his/her stores? More specifically the actual allocation of Foams in the NW. As far as I know Platinum and RPS are the only stores to receive them. A "breakdown" of what Platinum has on hand [to the public] was posted on ISS. Are you in the position of confirming what is being offered to the public from your stores. Like all others I imagine you have a couple stashed away. Fine with me. I'd hope this would be put out instead of double-talk.

Sorry if I'm grilling. My interest lies in future releases. As long as a shop is straight up with me [withholding sizes or not] they deserve my business. 1/2 cents are hot and I need to know if Platinum is in my future......
Here is the official sizes sold to the public at Platinum Southcenter, 8.5(2) 9-13 (1). Platinum Wear Tacoma, 9 (1),10 (1) 11.5-13 (1). Sorryabout only 5 pairs at Tacoma, but the best benefit of working at a shoe store is having your pair on lock. Owner held 3 pairs only for employees withseniority.

Hopefully this will end your search and questions on inventory on Thursday. Get there early, people have been blowing up our phone at Southcenter but only NTFam. has exact size run.

Also, the other employee put the info on ISS, so his information should be credible.

That's what's up. Straight up with the info. Good look Platinum. Hope to do business with you guys in the near future.

^answer: yes, but hwo knows what time you can call nike customer service asn ask them though

If anybody is looking for 10.5, shoot me a message and we can work something out. Compound in Portland didn't have my size so I took the next closestthing.

we still have a sz. 8.5 at Southcenter. I left today at 3 p.m. and no one picked them up.

hmmm...may hafta snag that for a friend

but was there a lot of people there this morning? with only one sz 9 i was going to have to camp for em, and i really didn't feel like doing so, so i triedmy luck with ndc...horrible 230 experience, stayed till 330, no go

went to bed thinking i was going to stop by platinum when i woke up

wife goes to work, i get woken up, check NT...and they say 930 am, so i was like alright, cool, waited, nothing appeared, then somebody posted a link, yay!

bought 4 pairs, 2 for some friends, and then called up people telling them about it, afterwards, with the pairs i've gotten last week, all in all, wound upwith 6 pairs

tax returns+financial aid...hurray

^^ There was a line Thursday morning only 9 people they said they were waiting for about an hour.

Back
Top Bottom