Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

He goes out there and plays knowing nothing is guaranteed next week, solely to help his teammates..

maybe not a 180 change.....but, his image isn't helped? Yes it absolutely would have been.
not really. if the knicks lose, he'll get blamed for.
if they win, then marbury is just doing his "job"

I'm not talking about the media and general public with his image.

I'm talking about other NBA teams.

Who wants to sign him now?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicks don't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.
So because he wasn't asked to play prior, the Knicks can't ask him to do anything?
I already said what I needed to in this thread earlier. And no matter what you won't agree because you seemed convinced you're right, asdo I think I'm right.

Marbury busted his @!* in the offseason to play and help NY. Season comes around they say indirectly "F off." He sits quietly and does not cause anyproblems. Suddenly when they NEED him, they ask him if he wants to play. Straight disrespectful. That's whay D'antoni said "if you want."He knew Marbury had the right to say no. Then Q tries to say he is a bad teammate in this situation. Thats B.S. If he speaks up now about this, heshould've spoke up earlier in the year when the Knicks were doing him dirty. That is, if it's true that Q really wants to win.

Originally Posted by marath0n

This is what Steph needed to revitalize his career. He's about to bounce back in a major way.

laugh.gif
Doubt it...but if this was like 2-3 years ago I might agree with that.

The Steph stans are failing to realize that he isnt the same player he was before. Which is even more of a reason why he shouldnt be acting like a broad.

OMG you can't be serious
laugh.gif

You know damn well this wouldn't have changed a damn thing. The dude is in a lose,lose situation and everybody knows it.

And Q? Please this dude hasn't been THAT dude since he was on the Clippers. Everybody knows that, and for him to talk crazy is hilarious in itself. Solid?Best defender? He got his !!# worked by Lebron who had an OFF night. Even Penny played better D on Lebron when he was here.

Remember the last time Q opened his mouth? Last year against the Celtics. Son didn't back up his words in the very least.

I can believe that D'antoni is trying to hurt Marbury so that he won't be able to play well in his contract year...cause he just straight doesn'tlike the guy.

smh.gif

So let me ask you this.Would you go out and play after all of this if you were him? What exactly would you do if you were him.

Do what you're being paid to do is too much to ask? He could have gone out there and half assed it for all I care, but the point is, you're being paid to be a basketball player.

He is not getting paid to half %@% anything either. Ya'll need to stop with this argument about doing what you're paid to do. Obviously the Knicks don't want him to do what they payed him for either. Think about it.

No matter how the past of Marbury is judged, this time he is doing the right thing.
So because he wasn't asked to play prior, the Knicks can't ask him to do anything?
I already said what I needed to in this thread earlier. And no matter what you won't agree because you seemed convinced you're right, as do I think I'm right.

Marbury busted his @!* in the offseason to play and help NY. Season comes around they say indirectly "F off." He sits quietly and does not cause any problems. Suddenly when they NEED him, they ask him if he wants to play. Straight disrespectful. That's whay D'antoni said "if you want." He knew Marbury had the right to say no. Then Q tries to say he is a bad teammate in this situation. Thats B.S. If he speaks up now about this, he should've spoke up earlier in the year when the Knicks were doing him dirty. That is, if it's true that Q really wants to win.
Fair points, obviously I don't see eye to eye with the whole situation because he's being paid to do something one way or another. This"respect" %%+* gets thrown out as much as "pics" or "hater" on NT. My only point is, you're being paid and exuberant amountof money from a contract you knowingly signed, if you don't like it, shouldn't have shown up at all. The organization has the right to call on you, asa professional, even if you deem it disrespectful. The whole tif between him and Q in the media is laughable however.

smh.gif

I already said what I needed to in this thread earlier. And no matter what you won't agree because you seemed convinced you're right, as do I think I'm right.

Marbury busted his @!* in the offseason to play and help NY. Season comes around they say indirectly "F off." He sits quietly and does not cause any problems. Suddenly when they NEED him, they ask him if he wants to play. Straight disrespectful. That's whay D'antoni said "if you want." He knew Marbury had the right to say no. Then Q tries to say he is a bad teammate in this situation. Thats B.S. If he speaks up now about this, he should've spoke up earlier in the year when the Knicks were doing him dirty. That is, if it's true that Q really wants to win.
Fair points, obviously I don't see eye to eye with the whole situation because he's being paid to do something one way or another. This "respect" %%+* gets thrown out as much as "pics" or "hater" on NT. My only point is, you're being paid and exuberant amount of money from a contract you knowingly signed, if you don't like it, shouldn't have shown up at all. The organization has the right to call on you, as a professional, even if you deem it disrespectful. The whole tif between him and Q in the media is laughable however.
Touche. Nice argument. Nice and controlled.
laugh.gif
Have a niceday.

Dude is a prophet.

He's definitely done in the NBA if you ask me. His rep as a malcontent is too established to be changed

I also find it hilarious that if you defend Steph on this forum its because you have NY pride, own a Steph jersey, or you're a stan. You people crack meup.

And there are definitely teams that would sign him now.

You know damn well this wouldn't have changed a damn thing. The dude is in a lose,lose situation and everybody knows it.

And Q? Please this dude hasn't been THAT dude since he was on the Clippers. Everybody knows that, and for him to talk crazy is hilarious in itself. Solid? Best defender? He got his !!# worked by Lebron who had an OFF night. Even Penny played better D on Lebron when he was here.

Remember the last time Q opened his mouth? Last year against the Celtics. Son didn't back up his words in the very least.
....and when Steph did all that good stuff in the off season...yall said he was becoming a changed player..and just wanted to win...right? Maybenot you specifically, but some in the Steph camp. can't have it both ways.

He's made him self less attractive to other teams now...and if you don't think that playing just for his teammates, would have made him more attractiveto other teams...I dunno..

..and I'm not surprised...nobody ever has a good thing to say about Q. Why? I don't know.

Who on this team defends and rebounds better? The list isn't long. I'm not calling him a great defender or rebounder...but without him, this team is awhole lot worse in those two areas.

Oh, I know who defends better....Duhon...

but he's always been a bum, too.
That is, if it's true that Q really wants to win.

laugh.gif

cause Steph wins?

I just still find it incredibly funny how dudes are trying to pretend like Steph bent over backwards in the offseason or something...

He's same dude who on the first day of training camp mocked D'Antoni's style of coaching when he said "He lets his point guards come down andshoot threes on 3 on 1 fastbreaks...I like that".

Please stop trying to make Steph out to be the victim here...both sides have played cat and mouse throughout this whole situation.

I'm not talking about the media and general public with his image.

I'm talking about other NBA teams.

Who wants to sign him now?

you know damn well enough teams are wanting/waiting to sign him.
HELL NO he's gonna get a fat contract but some veteran teams with players that can handle their own will want him on the bench, lets be real hes stillservicable.

Nobodys trying to say Steph 'bent over backwards' in the offseason. OK he might have mocked his offense but he also was one of the first to greetDantoni when he got his contract. He was with him on draft day and everything, made himself feel welcome despite the previous season and whatever Steph wentthrough.

Victim? All I said and what others said was he did what he was told and management just fell back on their word.

but some veteran teams with players that can handle their own will want him on the bench, lets be real hes still servicable.
Who?

you know Steph doesn't wana play back up, either.

I just wrote 2 paragraphs on how badly the Knicks have handled the situation. I just deleted to write this:

PAY THE MAN HIS $21 MIL. AND BE DONE WITH IT. LETS MOVE ON.

roll.gif

This argument is still going on?

It really won't even end when he's gone, because if he plays well on another team dudes are gonna say "see, we shoulda played him" and ifhe's horrible, dudes will say "see, he was always a bum".
laugh.gif

I'm so sick of this, man. Can we please move on.

Hopefully they come to a buyout agreement today.

And reading this post...
tired.gif
@ bashing Q.

38% from 3 this year, our best defender and rebounder at times. And team leader.

He hasn't been great, but he's been solid.

Exactly Q was given a chance when his dedication to this team before this year has been as good as Marbury. While he may have never been the headache Marburyhas been at times he constantly has been overweight and had a bad attitude as well. But because d'Antoni likes him he gets a pass while Marbury getscrucified.

imo its dantoni fault first of all...simple as that...dont blame marbury of what happen next because this all could have been avoided if dantoni just playedmarbury...

what dantoni did was so wrong in so many ways and if you dont understand that then i just dont know what else to say to you....

anyways what I said last week about this issue still stands... knicks please just move on and take the L....

tired.gif
Doin steph foul..
Let the man get his cake and continue his career or else dont complain if he's nt a factor.

Right now you basically have steph gettin paid crazy loot to just chill on the sideline..and be a distraction to the team..
The knicks management needs to fix this asap.

Back
Top Bottom