Quality Black Films Thread Vol. Tired Of Tyler Perry

You like She Hate Me?I couldn't rock with that, it's like Spike just wanted an excuse to shoot a bunch of sex scenes.

great post OP

watched the first 3 trailers and I want to see all three movies. gonna go back and finish checking out the rest.

i actually feel kinda surprised that I havent heard of some of these films before now but guess i gotta get on the hunt and track em down on the net or sumtin.

Brooklyn Boheme was recommended to me by a friend last week. What did you think of it?

It was pretty good. It was amazing to see how so much talent came from that area in the 80's and 90's. They do a good job detailing what is was like back in the those days. It was our generations version of the Harlem renaissance in a lot of ways. Definitely worth the watch.

It was pretty good. It was amazing to see how so much talent came from that area in the 80's and 90's. They do a good job detailing what is was like back in the those days. It was our generations version of the Harlem renaissance in a lot of ways. Definitely worth the watch.

Sounds dope! Definitely gonna check it out!

Wattstax

More so a documentary than a movie, but really good nonetheless.

Last edited:
I approve of this thread
pimp.gif

Idk, I'm not as high on Crooklyn as some here. It was ok, but Clockers was def better. Would that qualify in this category?If y'all talking Spike, check out School Daze if you haven't. One of his movies I liked.

Last edited:
Idk, I'm not as high on Crooklyn as some here. It was ok, but Clockers was def better. Would that qualify in this category? If y'all talking Spike, check out School Daze if you haven't. One of his movies I liked.
I feel ya, I'd probably like to watch Clockers more but I love Crooklyn still

School Daze is cool as well, I havent seen too many musicals in my day but that's one of them
laugh.gif

This here, is a Spike film I dont see people mention more that I like as well

Back
Top Bottom