Question about Concord xi's

Yo that's a great job on those 11s...I've been doin my columbias in the sun for about 3 days-7 hours, they've cleared up a lot bt still lookgreenish because of the yellowing and blue tint

good job on those soles, u can see the difference
pimp.gif

You need a cool white bulb and a warm white bulb in order for the seaglow to take effect.it should take about a week to see a drastic change.

i wouldnt recomend removing the soles but if i were to, id try using a heat gun. never done this so try at your own risk. good luck

Originally Posted by AJMasta

Almost impossible. I had a super busted pair of cool greys a while back and I took the soles off, they are really glued on there good. The outsolde is glued onto the foamy like midsole, and its really hard to get off. I had to use a box cutter and rip them off as hard as I could. Even if you do manage to get them off, the glue is so strong it rips the midsole off with it.
its real easy just get some acetone and a qtip and whip under tha sole. it works

just grabbed a pair of 2001 beat pair of spacie's
at my boys crib mokin and where moving stuff and came across the pair i was like what u want for them he was like they beat falling apart plus he is not a sneaker head had them from one of his other freinds that been left them there want to bring um back  to life will take pics later 2 today all help is welcomed thanks
i know this is not the place for that but was on the same topic

sorry for long post

Seaglow works wonders. Its annoying but worth it. If your gonna remove the soles post pics. I wanna see the final product

hot water acetone and a little flat head screw driver is all you will need, you probabley could have checked out the sneaker care thread or sneaker restorations for the answer to this.

Apply seaglow to them and over do it to where the seaglow gets into the crevices of the shoe so it can separate. Just make sure it doesnt get past the midsole.

Originally Posted by infared82

at my boys crib mokin and where moving stuff and came across the pair i was like what u want for them he was like they beat falling apart plus he is not a sneaker head had them from one of his other freinds that been left them there want to bring um back  to life will take pics later 2 today all help is welcomed thanks

sorry for long post
Damn man you high or something?

Spacie's? Really?

25g9b7q.jpg

Could somebody pm me if there is a guide out there that has a really good detailed description of how to switch the soles and how to really effectively use seaglow!! thanks

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Originally Posted by infared82

sorry for long post
Damn man you high or something?

Spacie's? Really?

25g9b7q.jpg
^^^ haha funny tho
nah got a pair for my little brother and he would  not say space jams's   but he wears um all the time and runs around sayin spacie's on spacie's on

SUGGESTION!!! I have swapped the bottom sole out from a pair of beat concords on to a pair of space jams bout a year ago, and well before i did the swap, i asked a shoe repair guy if he could remove the sole for me, he said he doesnt do anything like that, i asked him if he had any suggestions to remove it. He suggested to heat them up with a heat gun. I didn't have a heat gun to use, so i thought of something better. BOIL THE BOTTOMS. It WORKED AMAZINGLY. You just really have to be really careful, because the midsoles will warp if you leave it in boiling water too long. Basically what happens, the hot water starts to penetrate in between the soles and will start to heat glue, and will begin to solidify, and in turn. The sole just falls apart the midsole!!! But like i said, you want to be really careful of how long you leave the soles boiling for. NO NEED FOR THE SUN, NO NEED FOR CUTTING, JUST GOOD OLD H20!! Plus the heat cleans the shoes a bit...haha well hope this helps out niketalk!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by maddx23

SUGGESTION!!! I have swapped the bottom sole out from a pair of beat concords on to a pair of space jams bout a year ago, and well before i did the swap, i asked a shoe repair guy if he could remove the sole for me, he said he doesnt do anything like that, i asked him if he had any suggestions to remove it. He suggested to heat them up with a heat gun. I didn't have a heat gun to use, so i thought of something better. BOIL THE BOTTOMS. It WORKED AMAZINGLY. You just really have to be really careful, because the midsoles will warp if you leave it in boiling water too long. Basically what happens, the hot water starts to penetrate in between the soles and will start to heat glue, and will begin to solidify, and in turn. The sole just falls apart the midsole!!! But like i said, you want to be really careful of how long you leave the soles boiling for. NO NEED FOR THE SUN, NO NEED FOR CUTTING, JUST GOOD OLD H20!! Plus the heat cleans the shoes a bit...haha well hope this helps out niketalk!!!!!!!
someone try it and post pics plz

Originally Posted by Mr718

I been workin on this one shoe for a few days trying to find a technique that works best. I been using 2 full spectrum T12 size bulbs, Sea Glow, Spin Bursh(Tooth brush), and a scrubbing pad for dishes.

I think you can tell which is which. Its slower than the traditional sun method but when there's no sun, you gotta use what you can. Once I figure outwhat works best. Write a full tutorial. Feel free to ask any questions.
Looks like its working..keep us posted.

Optimusp517: Nice job on the sole swap..looks good.

I still havent got around to fix the soles of my concords due to the fact that i cant get my hands on the seaglow yet and i dont want to do a bad job and kill the shoes.
But once i get around to fixing the Cords then ill put some pics up.

Why does JB use such crappy material for the icy soles in the first place. I know they have no intentions of these being kept for collecting or displaying, but still. They do know there is a sneaker connoisseur community that exists!

Boil a pot of water and carefully dip the entire bottom of the shoes into it. CAREFULLY. the glue should soften up and you will be able to separate the soles with a butter knife or something similar.

Be careful because you can damage the shoe. If you feel like you will, wrap the bottom with a towel and then dip them.

Would i be wrong to buy a fake pair of concords to try the sole swap to see how it turns out?? Im not in favor of fakes and i dnt want to be
killed on this forum..
ive seen people post fake and get dogg'd by the community.
But if you think about it..experimenting on fakes isnt a bad idea..( if u dnt want to destroy your shoes)

^ Don't worry about what others think. Do what you feel. I myself, WOULD swap the soles of a pair of fakes onto an authentic pair.

Back
Top Bottom