Question about gangs and organizational structure

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

I didn't know whether he was serious until his 2nd post sentence. Then it was just too obvious.

Originally Posted by thats what she said

I have a quick question for those of you who are "down" or at the least well versed on that life.

How do I start a local gang franchise in my community?

I mean, like every big city has CRIPS and BLOODS but are they all official? Like is there are a CRIPS, Inc. giving license, vetting, and validating all these smaller chapters?

I mean if I own a McDonald's here in Texas, and you own one in Pennsylvania, upon visiting both there is no question left they fall under the same organization. However with gangs, what is to stop someone from just up and calling themselves the Crips or Bloods? Furthermore, who do they even seek for approval?

I ask because the local Crips, call themselves the Hoover Crips, I just found out Hoover's started in California. I always thought they called themselves that because of the street they live on, but apparently that is just a happy coincidence (there's a street called Hoover Ave. where most of them live and most of their crime takes place). Also, they don't wear blue. They were orange with blue as an accent color.

In closing, I am just interested in gang culture and the organizational structure of it and then I guess the next question would be if they are, why couldn't they focus the same efforts into something legitimate and progressive? I mean no hard feelings to anyone; I am just a suburbanite whose only exposure to this lifestyle is movies, rap music, and grandiose lies from people who frankly grew up as privileged as me.

Help a brother out please. I want to start a club!

why wouldn't I be serious? I can't believe I didn't think to Wikipedia. They somewhat answer my question. I guess franchises was poor terminology, they call them sets.
Membership

Crips has over 800 sets with 30,000 to 35,000 members and associate members, including more than 13,000 members in Los Angeles. The states with the highest estimated number of Crips sets are California, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. Members typically consist of young African American men, with some members being white, Hispanic and Asian.[1] Famous former gang members or those suspected to associate with the Crips include Snoop Dogg, Eazy-E and Ice-T.[14] Ice-T began his rapping career for Crip audiences,[15] and is addressed by his Crip friends and acquaintances as Tray or Tracy.[16]

To be honest though, organizationally it does seem to run much like a business. I'm reading of alliances with other gangs between sets, in fighting, false flagging (which I am trying to avoid) which would be tantamount to copyright infringement, fascinating stuff.

In hindsight, this life isn't for me. I think I'll start a facebook group or something.

31507_129544777071792_129544663738470_281326_4587354_n.jpg

laugh.gif

Found a group too, and all the people involved appear to be complete posers who pose no risk to anyone in real life, so that's about the appropriate level of danger for me.

Originally Posted by thats what she said

31507_129544777071792_129544663738470_281326_4587354_n.jpg

laugh.gif

Found a group too, and all the people involved appear to be complete posers who pose no risk to anyone in real life, so that's about the appropriate level of danger for me.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OP,should check this out for insight on gang structure

wire-poster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom