Question about pierced ears

So i recently had my ears pierced, about 6 weeks ago, and after about 5 weeks, I've been taking them out daily for about 5 hours, because of work, and Iwas wondering if that was bad for the healing process, which I've heard can take up to 2 years, so I was wondering what the negative effects of taking themout are, and how long I can take them out before the hole closes? thanks

5 weeks, you should be good. 2 months is pretty much when i started changing them out, but dont leave them out for too long or they'll close up a bit.

Originally Posted by Hen Lin 32

I heard in the beginning the holes will seal if left out.

I always wanted my ears pierced, but my mother didn't approve, and would disown me.
you're asian, right?

I always wanted my ears pierced, but my mother didn't approve, and would disown me.
Why don't you just get them when you move out, or when you go to college?

honestly i started switchin my earrings up when i could twist the earring without any pain which wasn't more than a few weeks

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

Why don't you just get them when you move out, or when you go to college?

itwastyped who is in your avy
nerd.gif

anywho

i havent worn my earrings for a few months now. it doesnt seem like they are closing. i got over the entire jewelery thing after high school

edit - i just checked. yup, theyre closed
laugh.gif

I got both pierced a year ago, took them out a few weeks ago (kept them in for a min, aint wanna take them out b/c of an ear infection), and the holes closedup. I mad as hell I put that much time into it only to have it closed up...

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

you're asian, right?

yeah, I've seen asians with pierced ears so thats beside the fact.

She only talked me out of it with when you're old and you dont want them, you'll have ugly holes in your ears
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Nahhh. Just do it, trust me - she'll get over it...atleast I think she will. How extreme/stubborn can your mother be? My mom just gave me verbal grief over it (I'm chinese) but I know of other parents whotold their kids to take it out and leave it out or else they'll rip it off their ears.

lol im asian and my mom actually paid for mine to be done

its because she got me some diamond earrings as a high school graduation gift. i hated those grad rings the chool was selling so she got me those instead

So about how long can I actually take them out without them closing on me? Does it hurt the healing process taking them out on like a weekly basis?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

you're asian, right?

yeah, I've seen asians with pierced ears so thats beside the fact.

She only talked me out of it with when you're old and you dont want them, you'll have ugly holes in your ears
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
Nahhh. Just do it, trust me - she'll get over it...at least I think she will. How extreme/stubborn can your mother be? My mom just gave me verbal grief over it (I'm chinese) but I know of other parents who told their kids to take it out and leave it out or else they'll rip it off their ears.

since this thread popped up, its been lurkin in my head
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I don't mean to thread jack, but:

Will this be a con when I enter the workforce? I mean is it professional?
grin.gif
Just take them off when you go to your interview.

Originally Posted by Vicalicious206

So about how long can I actually take them out without them closing on me? Does it hurt the healing process taking them out on like a weekly basis?
as long as you put it back before the hole close you should be good, and make sure you twist them very often, it may sting a bit but its good foryou when you try to take them out later.

I go to a catholic school and would like to pierce my ears for prom. Would it be possible if I go to the piercing studio the day before prom and have them usean earring that I already own or do I have to wear those small 1's until the piercing is healed?

i think you need special ones that have a sharp back in order for the piercing to actually go through your ear

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

Just take them off when you go to your interview.

I leave all three of my earrings for work and meetings
pimp.gif
. Well that's only because my work environment isn't professional or businesslike
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm Asian too and I pierced my ears at my own consent because my pops made me cut my hair. I hid it for 2 days but just said whatevs, let them seeit and they didn't make a big fuss out of it.

OP, don't worry about it getting infected. You'll be fine, just don't leave it out for too long. And when you do put it back in, make sure it'sclean, or bacteria may enter the tiny parts that aren't healed.

Originally Posted by onetruehomie

and make sure you twist them very often, it may sting a bit but its good for you when you try to take them out later.

Wrong!
2. Q: Should I twist the jewelery to make sure it doesn't get stuck?
A: No. The inside of your body is clean, so please avoid twisting or messing with the jewelery too much. Titanium has a dense surface which your body won'tgrow into.

Back
Top Bottom