question about the bordeaux's

i noticed that whenever this particular pair is mentioned, everybody loses their minds literally .... i'm just curious as to
what the draw is to the sneaker ( a pretty clean colorway imo).

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k182/smoove6579/?action=view&current=130014-000_400.jpg credit to nicekicks

most og's that haven't been retroe'd don't get this much praise.... what in the hell is it with this shoe
laugh.gif

-any input appreciated

First, welcome to NT. Second, try Jordan Brand Forum. Third, IMO this cw is unique. It's like a beautiful monster. Plus, it has that early 90s feel to it. Never been retroed(march 2011) and is very rare. Can't wait to get my hand on a pair.

i feel da same way.. never liked the colorway but blacklion couldnt have said it better

i remember when i first saw them in a sport store catalogue. i had mixed first reaction since i loved all the jays before them since the 3. my apprehension is a normal reaction to being exposed to a classic.

Yes I think blacklion23 summed it up well. This is a classic colorway that is so uniquely '90s ...the dark tones & grey gave them that "urban" feel ...these are such a great shoe to wear casually with jeans ...but also look great on the court.
Then of course there's the memories associated with them ...MJ wearing them in the All star game & again in the Jam video with Michael Jackson.
& of course they are the only OG VII yet to be retroed ...it's been 19 years since they dropped ...they are long overdue!

Personally I love them, they were the second pair of Jordans I ever bought & they remain in my top 3 all time favourite kicks, I love my two pairs & I just hope JB do this retro justice.
4450895112_df2dec0d20.jpg

3944236076_00e4030a94.jpg

never had a pair but i remember my cousin bought these back in 1992 when i was only 8. i think that's when i first fell in love with jordans and shoes in general. although i would rather have these OG 1992 versions, the 2011 version should be decent.

I had these growing up, and I didn't like them at all. My parents bought them for me because I had Jordans I, III, IV, V and VI. These were the last Jordans I bought until the XIII.

I thought they were ugly then and they are ugly now. I think people want these so bad because they are an og colorway, that hasn't been retroed yet and has such a different colorway. However, I don't think they'll sell that great when they retro next year... just like every other VII recently.

These were my second pair of J's when I was a kid in 8th grade. For me I loved these when I was a kid and I have always wanted these again but JB never retrod them. So this shoe is a childhood grail and that's why I lose my mind and just look at them they SICK
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I had these and the Hares when they came out but i was only in the 4th grade and wore a size 3 so the was only $75 but i loved then casue it was different.

Personally, I really try to like these... I think the only think very unique about this shoe is the tounge really. that pops out to me but the rest is just kind of boring. still not sure if i'd cop... I need some 7 but I think I'd rather get some raptors.

I love this shoe. This shoe is juss dope. Its very colorful, but its not bright. Its loud because it uses quiet colors. And its the type of shoe that ties an outfit together very well. Not to mention, its still a very comfortable basketball shoe to this day. (The Air Jordan VII's in general, that is.) I know I'm buying 2 pair of these when they come out again.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Yes I think blacklion23 summed it up well. This is a classic colorway that is so uniquely '90s ...the dark tones & grey gave them that "urban" feel ...these are such a great shoe to wear casually with jeans ...but also look great on the court.
Then of course there's the memories associated with them ...MJ wearing them in the All star game & again in the Jam video with Michael Jackson.
& of course they are the only OG VII yet to be retroed ...it's been 19 years since they dropped ...they are long overdue!

Personally I love them, they were the second pair of Jordans I ever bought & they remain in my top 3 all time favourite kicks, I love my two pairs & I just hope JB do this retro justice.
4450895112_df2dec0d20.jpg

3944236076_00e4030a94.jpg

gotcha....this sums it up well.     alot of good stories/ info in here

i dont get yall these things are atrocious.

but of course, if everyone else says they like them, and they are limited, and considered an "og" colorway everyone is gonna sweat them hard and the hypebeasts are gonna go crazy.

Couldnt put those things on my feet

My first pair of Jordans! had em and beat em to the ground! The laces ripped thru the leather and my mom replaced em for me with Aqua 8s! I used to do stuff like try to make little keychains out of the shoes before I trashed em so I cut the back triangles off the shoes and sewed the together. I did the same thing with the aqua 8 tongue patches. The shoes are long gone but I still have my stupid keepsakes! Im wierd I guess...Still cant wait to get Bordeauxs again though!

Mainly all the 7's are my favorite, since 92' was the year I was born. These & the "Hares" are shoes I couldn't picture not having! Can't wait until these drop...

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Mainly all the 7's are my favorite, since 92' was the year I was born. These & the "Hares" are shoes I couldn't picture not having! Can't wait until these drop...

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom