Question about the mentally ill students.

Where do they go after high school? College? And then if so what do they do after that? I hardly ever see them out and about just roaming the streets. When I was in high school they would just be around chilling and s%$# or just running around the gym chasing people, but I really wanna know what happens after those days are over.

Where do they go after high school? College? And then if so what do they do after that? I hardly ever see them out and about just roaming the streets. When I was in high school they would just be around chilling and s%$# or just running around the gym chasing people, but I really wanna know what happens after those days are over.

Depends. Family could take care of them, they could get their own aide provided by a health service company, they could go on to attend a continuing education program for adults.

Depends. Family could take care of them, they could get their own aide provided by a health service company, they could go on to attend a continuing education program for adults.

um............they work at wal mart or stop and shop

im not joking btw.

um............they work at wal mart or stop and shop

im not joking btw.

I thought your question was going to be (and please excuse the insensitivity):

How do mentally ill students demonstrate the mental capacity to graduate high school? Obviously they have different standards than normal students right?

I thought your question was going to be (and please excuse the insensitivity):

How do mentally ill students demonstrate the mental capacity to graduate high school? Obviously they have different standards than normal students right?

i used to visit this retirement home with my prayer group (
grin.gif
) back in highschool.. there were a couple of women with down syndrome living there, they looked about 30-35 years old.. i guess their families were able to take care of them on their own.. sad stuff. 
tired.gif

i used to visit this retirement home with my prayer group (
grin.gif
) back in highschool.. there were a couple of women with down syndrome living there, they looked about 30-35 years old.. i guess their families were able to take care of them on their own.. sad stuff. 
tired.gif

yea they could also look for employment at companies that don't really expect too much like baggers at grocery stores and whatnot.

For all that people blame america for, atleast they do provide help/opportunities for mentally handicapped individuals.

yea they could also look for employment at companies that don't really expect too much like baggers at grocery stores and whatnot.

For all that people blame america for, atleast they do provide help/opportunities for mentally handicapped individuals.

Back
Top Bottom