Question:Can you get fired for...

so let me just cliffnote it for you guys:
1) I NEED off sunday for something

2)I call my manager (who's usually chill about stuff) and tell him that I have an interview for an intership for a firm on Sunday at 7PM
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 (Best i could come up with on the spot)

3) he gets suspicious, asks me if i think he was born yesterday, etc and asks me for more details.

4) I don't have any details so i just tell him the address of the building and the name of the firm. (He asks for a name, etc. and I tell him I don't remember/dont have it on me)

5)So pretty much he says "I'll call you tomorrow..." like this N is about to do his research and stuff to see if I'm telling the truth.

Needless to say, i just got my shift covered so it's taken care of, but is there any way I can get fired for him finding out I was lying BUT i still got it covered?

Anybody every been in this sort of situation? Any laws about this stuff? lol

Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by JaYzNyAyAlLdAy

so let me just cliffnote it for you guys:
1) I NEED off sunday for something

2)I call my manager (who's usually chill about stuff) and tell him that I have an interview for an intership for a firm on Sunday at 7PM
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 (Best i could come up with on the spot)

3) he gets suspicious, asks me if i think he was born yesterday, etc and asks me for more details.

4) I don't have any details so i just tell him the address of the building and the name of the firm. (He asks for a name, etc. and I tell him I don't remember/dont have it on me)

5)So pretty much he says "I'll call you tomorrow..." like this N is about to do his research and stuff to see if I'm telling the truth.

Needless to say, i just got my shift covered so it's taken care of, but is there any way I can get fired for him finding out I was lying BUT i still got it covered?

Anybody every been in this sort of situation? Any laws about this stuff? lol

Thanks for the help

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
WOW
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You should have just said you had a family emergency or something.

I doubt you'll get fired for lying

See kids, this is why you always plan your lies before you use them.

Wait, so you told your manager that the reason you cant make it to work is because you have an interview for another job?

Really, that was the best you could come up with......you could have simply just said personal reasons or something family related.

lol come on son...you shoulda just said you had severe diarrhea on the day before/of work. trust me it works.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I need an excuse to take off friday AND monday since i'm going to Nashville for a car event

What should i  tell my boss ?
nerd.gif

interview
memorial day weekend
7PM
firm

NONE of this adds up.

...common son
if your boss is "usually chill about stuff" you shouldve kept it real with him

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Wait, so you told your manager that the reason you cant make it to work is because you have an interview for another job?

that is the dumbest excuse i've ever heard. If I were your boss i would say NO. and if you do, don't bother coming in on monday. cmon son....7PM on a SUNDAY?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

interview
memorial day weekend
7PM
firm

NONE of this adds up.

...common son
if your boss is "usually chill about stuff" you shouldve kept it real with him
qft

OP you lose
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif

You probably will not get fired, but you will lose the respect of a boss that you say is pretty chill.

C'mon....he obviously called you out on your lie.

Who the hell conducts interviews at 7pm...on a Sunday...on Memorial Day weekend.

You will keep your job, but I'm sure he thinks you're a %!###!% idiot.

laugh.gif

Probably the worst "get-out-of-work lie" I've ever heard

I have to admit, you have some balls for even thinking that would work on your boss, but that really was a piss poor attempt

Back
Top Bottom