Question, did the internet kill regional distinction?

I can think back to a time prior to me going to college, I was able to tell people by where they were from. More specifically those w/. urban influences. I knew DC cats by the all black and the brands that they were heavy on. I could tell anyone from the west coast, midwest, and of course NY cats were the most distinct of all.

Now I hang out on the basketball court with some of the youngins, and these kids were from all over. NY cats sound like they're from the South, and Southern cats lookin like they're from Cali. For the most part, there are still some strong accents to overcome, especially for those New Orleans, and Philly cats.

I just think the internet has played a huge hand in levering style across the board. Exposure is the biggest thing when it comes to that, from what I've seen.

Yeah, I think we had a thread on this a while back. I'm sure somebody can link it.

It's a new culture. World becomes smaller and smaller every single day as more people are connected to the web.

Last edited:
Yea I think the distinction is lost, but it makes it easier to point out OG dudes.

Funny someone said I sound like I'm from up north even though I'm from the "south"

Definitely ...these kids getting away with murder, before the net you had to know the region you were visiting. Now you can go online and jock swag.

I can't tell the difference between NY and LA anymore.

ninjahood made a thread about this.

Yep.

Im glad accents are still intact thou, i love going outta

Town & hearing how other people talk.

Last edited:
If you actually go to other regions you'd know the answer is no.

Of course this seems to be some ongoing theory some of you guys have where you determine and define regional distinction by urban fashion.

Back
Top Bottom