Question For Christians

laugh.gif
@ subliminal shots

These are DIRECT SHOTS at religion. WE NAMED NAMES!
roll.gif

the only way for this debate to work is for people on both sides to acknowledge even the slightest possibility that they might be wrong.

ahh look, a religious topic and silly putty is at the leading front of it, I surprised!

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Was the dumbo picture necessary. I am a Christian, and I feel that is mocking my religious beliefs. If you dont believe that is fine, that your decision to do that. But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people. 

Please tell us how the Dumbo picture is mocking your religious beliefs.  It's an accurate analogy.  
Why can't we tell others that they are wrong in what they believe?   Surely you would tell a racist to his face that he is wrong in his beliefs, right?

Why do you think your religious beliefs are more deserving of respect than any other kind of belief?  Why do you think your beliefs should be free from scrutiny unlike any other beliefs?

But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people.
Do you know how many times I've been told that I'm going to hell after I gave up on Christianity? More than a dozen. And blatantly to my face, not just a message board.

Is that disrespectful to you?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

the only way for this debate to work is for people on both sides to acknowledge even the slightest possibility that they might be wrong.
Which is basically impossible
laugh.gif

Never understood, trying to drive your beliefs into someone who themselves are deeply dedicated to their own. Makes no sense whatsoever

There's a god alright but he's known under another more common name "Alien" and we are his science experiment....

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

laugh.gif

Never understood, trying to drive your beliefs into someone who themselves are deeply dedicated to their own. Makes no sense whatsoever

There are plenty of people questioning their faith. Not everyone is completely blinded by their religious affiliation. That's why I do it.

I was there once upon a time.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people.
Do you know how many times I've been told that I'm going to hell after I gave up on Christianity? More than a dozen. And blatantly to my face, not just a message board.

i would take it as disrespect.

point blank to me overly religious people like that should shut the hell up.  i know in almost every religion  they try to convert people,  that's fine and all to me  but if the people their talking to have no interest whatsoever in hearing what they gotta say  then they should keep it moving.

it's the same way with atheist elitests as well.  it's just stupid to mock christians, muslims or whoever.  your not going to change what they believe in most of the time so why even bother.

either way you shouldn't force your views at the other side or throw petty shots at em.

at the end of the day  yeah you got the freedom to say whatever you want, but you know how the saying goes,  for every action theirs a reaction.  if you say something offensive to someones religion that they interpret as blatant disrespect and they punch you in the face don't act like your an innocent victim either.

Religion FTL
all religions are made up by man
no one person can say another person will go to hell (if it exists)
only god (if it exists) will judge us

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Was the dumbo picture necessary. I am a Christian, and I feel that is mocking my religious beliefs. If you dont believe that is fine, that your decision to do that. But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people. 

Please tell us how the Dumbo picture is mocking your religious beliefs.  It's an accurate analogy.  
Why can't we tell others that they are wrong in what they believe?   Surely you would tell a racist to his face that he is wrong in his beliefs, right?

Why do you think your religious beliefs are more deserving of respect than any other kind of belief?  Why do you think your beliefs should be free from scrutiny unlike any other beliefs?

"Magic Feather", thats what you are basically calling God. In my opinion. To me religion isnt something that is "magic" its something I believe in whole heartedly, so why mock it. 
You can tell me I am wrong till you are blue in the face. But do it in a respectful manner. Dont make jokes or try to get LULZ out of it. And the whole race comparison is just dumb so I wont even comment on that.

And I never said my religious beliefs are more deserving of others you said that. As a person I respect everyone's beliefs. I dont care what you believe because you have that right. But no one should be made fun or scrutinized for what they believe. Hence why the Dumbo picture in my view wasnt cool.  

Very true, and I will never deny the fact that I could be wrong as hell (pun intended) and spend eternity engulfed in flames. But at some point you have to call it what it is. If your average christian had a friend who constantly spoke to an invisible person next to them (lets name the invisible guy Terrence), gave them credit for all the things that person accomplished, thanked them for being alive, needed forgiveness from Terrence for simply being alive, etc. you might let it slide for a little while if you were that tolerant of a person. But after about a week, anyone in here in their right mind would eventually ask said friend what exactly the !+*# they are doing. But since Christians label this invisible person God, it suddenly isn't crazy anymore, its a belief! Now imagine your average atheist who has not only seen this behavior for a week, but for decades. And not only by a friend, but by billions of people. Is it really so farfetched for them to want to ask exactly what the !+*# you guys are doing? Is that so hard to understand? You guys say too many people ask, I say not enough people ask, and thats what got us here in the first place.

I've never seen an atheist group go out on street corners and try to convince people that God doesn't exist, yet I see religious groups do it on a daily basis! Let this thread tell it though, atheists go around raping and pillaging in order to spread their beliefs. Atheists ask questions, religions start wars. When I can't even look at a dollar without thinking about God, I think I have the right to ask questions and not be vilified for it.

And that is very disrespectful. You are entitled to believe in what you want to believe. Me personally I would never tell some they are going to hell. I dont have a right to make that comment or call. Some people are extremist. Thats with anything. I mean in this thread I see people who are accepting of people, and I see people just trying to get laughs. 

i need sleep...

i clicked on the thread thinking it said "Question for CHRISTMAS"

proceeds to leave thread...

cuz im not touching religious threads

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

"Magic Feather", thats what you are basically calling God. In my opinion. To me religion isnt something that is "magic" its something I believe in whole heartedly, so why mock it. 
You can tell me I am wrong till you are blue in the face. But do it in a respectful manner. Dont make jokes or try to get LULZ out of it. And the whole race comparison is just dumb so I wont even comment on that.

And I never said my religious beliefs are more deserving of others you said that. As a person I respect everyone's beliefs. I dont care what you believe because you have that right. But no one should be made fun or scrutinized for what they believe. Hence why the Dumbo picture in my view wasnt cool.  

That feather is really all God is.  When something happens that you don't understand, you attribute it to God.  It's not mocking at all.  It's an accurate analogy.
You only think it is mocking because the idea was presented to you in cartoon form.  The idea behind it still stands.  It is disingenuous of you to dismiss and ignored the argument by feigning the idea that you're being mocked.

I presented to you the argument that religious beliefs should be subject scrutiny and criticism, just like any other beliefs.  I presented the argument to you in what you would call a respectful manner (in words
laugh.gif
).  But then there you go again dismissing and ignoring the argument by saying it's "dumb" and that you won't be commenting on it.

So after being presented an argument in a respectful manner, you still refuse to address it.  This shows that you are unwilling to defend your beliefs and would rather knowingly ignore any arguments presented to you in any manner or form.   

By telling us that we can't tell you that your beliefs are wrong, you are saying that your religious beliefs are more deserving of respect than any other kinds of beliefs in that they should not be subject to scrutiny and criticism.  

I'll ask you once again because you ignored my question and only restated your comment.

What makes religious beliefs so special that it should not be subject to any scrutiny or criticism, unlike any other kinds of beliefs?

I believe that Christianity is atrocious and full of illogical teachings. Am I not allowed to express my beliefs?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

laugh.gif

There are plenty of people questioning their faith. Not everyone is completely blinded by their religious affiliation. That's why I do it.

I was there once upon a time.
I can agree that yes those are the people both sides of this argument should be focusing all this on, people caught in the balance but honestly it doesnt seem like most of these debates are directed to those people at all. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

All current religions were made by man to bind his spirit to the chains of oppression. Spiritual oppression is the worst kind because a person always rely on metaphysical forces to help them out with 3rd dimensional problems.

God isn't gonna help you if you read a book MAN wrote for the sole purpose of spiritual regression. When people realize the power they posess all need for a spiritual liason will dissipate...

This goes for ALL religions

God is inside you, once you find it everything else doesn't matter

Just wait till God comes and remember this thread you made. please... 
Now im out...Oh by the way,go do your research since you claim that things don't made sense. You sound dumb 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Wr

^ Yep. and the hebrew and aramaic text The word God is not used, but rather Elohim which is a plural and dual sex term ( meaning a being composed of both male and female) and not solely a masculine male God of the current bible. Alot of feminine aspects of the bible are simply missing, or watered down. There were books in the bible written by Mary Magdeline who Jesus favored and and the apostles did not like because they felt that Jesus shouldn't mingle with such a woman of her type and appearance. It is stated that she was his favorite and he kissed her in the mouth often.
Your bible history is pretty good...
but I still wonder that even knowing that most of the stuff is made up or heavily mistranslated, why do you still believe it?

And i'm just going to leave this here:

dbIhj.png

EDIT: 

http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/
http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/
http://jhobson5.u.yuku.com/jhobson5 Wrote:

Was the dumbo picture necessary. I am a Christian, and I feel that is mocking my religious beliefs.

If you dont believe that is fine, that your decision to do that. But dont try to mock or tell others they are wrong for what they believe in. Too many people on NT want the LULZ and to be an internet comedian, has some respect for people. 

Why should I respect your beliefs? 

I will protect your right to believe what you want. I think that is important. But nothing says what you believe or think is free from criticism. Let this be a basic lesson in civility to you. You do not have the right to NOT be offended. 

Belief is for people who take stuff as fact that they don't have evidence or knowledge of. That is why all belief systems are false to me. The original thesis of christianity was "gnosis" as in dia-gnosis, pro-gnosis. Gnosis means knowledge and that knowledge was from knowing something from experience ( in this context, relationship with the creator of all things that manifested in all things) not from one person who appoints himself as the spiritual leader and claims to have a better "gnosis" of "God" than everyone else. The concept of the creator is beyond a flesh and blood understanding which is why I don't roll with the church. They spend more time worshiping and honoring the death of a flesh and blood man (which was Jesus Christ  vessel into this world) than the actual life and light of the living christ which is repeatedly stated to exist in all of us. Most christians I have encountered only worship dead jesus because it was his death that supposedly saves them. Really think about that intent for a second.... Knowing that Jesus can read your heart, do you think it would be good to know that you only idolize and worship his dead, beaten and bloody image is because it saves your own butt from trouble?  More needs to be said about learning how to walk properly in light and truth and growing in a personal relationship rather than all this worship of death and violence. 

To answer your question I don't beleive in anything. I approach my research from an objective point of view like a science project so I don't get my perosnal feelings hurt, and I can also distance my mind from the rhetoric of others propaganda.  just because the religion is corrupted now doesn't mean what it originally came from is wrong. I grew up in the church and I have taken it upon myself to read and understand the bible through my own research and not just what the pastor shoves to me. Most people I saw in church listen the pastor, say Amen in every syntax break, and never look to their own bible or pray or seek for further understanding.  People actually fear knowledge because of it's power to upset the status quo. That is essentially what Jesus Christ in the bible represented to the Romans, Jews and the kabaal of other worldy powers and is precisely why he was killed. So they could continue with their program.  

Originally Posted by ksteezy

ahh look, a religious topic and silly putty is at the leading front of it, I surprised!

I read the thread title and predicted that he would post and not only post, but post material that is not his own
tongue.gif
. lol pics and quotes.  it's cute though, it reminds me of how these younger college kids and high school kids do research now.  google is da new learning brah
glasses.gif

If there's no Truth out there, then why do you say it like you're right?

Back
Top Bottom