Question For Christians

Devildog/anton, 
I'm gonna respond to you two exactly how I responded to a previous thread.

*what do we look like when we stand up straight?
the number one... in sanksrit, arabic, english, roman... so many different languages... isn't this a sign that the one god created you?

*The call to Islam has been heard by people of all different creeds and colors, and a visit to your local masjid will verify this... Everytime I visit my local mosque, I am in awe of how diverse the gathering is... african americans, white people, latinos, asians, indians, arabs... native americans even. Islam has reached every single corner of this earth. there are muslims in Japan, Russia, China, South Asia, Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Europe, Australia... even in the USA muslims are everywhere. If you read the stories of how islam spread in Syria, Ethiopia and India... the first people to convert to Islam were Kings. Kings who heard the Quran being recited in Arabic and began to cry just at the sound of the book, despite not understanding it... kings who cried even more when hearing the quran being translated. 
Why are there mosques on every corner of the globe? and why are the congregations so diverse? I see this as a sign of God's existence... His message does not spare anyone, of any color, of any background, of any wealth bracket... it is the universal calling to the truth. (Mike Tyson is orthodox Muslim, Cassius Clay became Muslim, Maurice Bucaille (a deceased, mid 20th century, french scientist) became muslim, Jeffery Lang (professor of Mathematics at Kansas, and former athiest) became Muslim)

Islam didn't spread by the sword in Japan, or china, or Europe. Nor is it being spread by the sword now, why are so many people converting to Islam?

(name me another mainstream, orthodox religion that has such an ethically diverse congregation in the USA.) You won't be able to... Hinduism is mostly indians, bhuddism is mostly east asians, Christian churches vary depending on the neighborhood you are in... and synagogues are mostly white.

"Seek knowledge even as far as China"

"Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises...The doors of goodness are many...enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one's legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one's arms--all of these are charity prescribed for you."

"Your smile for your brother is charity." 

- Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a sign of god's existence.

At least my religion has an explanation for how humans exist - distinguished from all of creation.

What does science tell us?

How in the world are you going to convince me why humans are as evolved as we are... especially in comparison to the next smartest organisms on the planet.

there is a HUGE gap... and you don't have a single answer as to why it happened... all you can tell me is your untestable and unproven hypothesis... which by the way does not disprove anything in the Quran... because if in fact you think you proved anything, all you can potentially prove is how the lord created the world (which I won't disagree or agree with because my book does not instruct me to put limits to the power of my Lord...)

The concept of the creator is beyond a flesh and blood understanding which is why I don't roll with the church. They spend more time worshiping and honoring the death of a flesh and blood man (which was Jesus Christ  vessel into this world) than the actual life and light of the living christ which is repeatedly stated to exist in all of us. Most christians I have encountered only worship dead jesus because it was his death that supposedly saves them. Really think about that intent for a second.... Knowing that Jesus can read your heart, do you think it would be good to know that you only idolize and worship his dead, beaten and bloody image is because it saves your own butt from trouble?  More needs to be said about learning how to walk properly in light and truth and growing in a personal relationship rather than all this worship of death and violence. 
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I agree. Some churches do not all tho. [/font]

[h6]"trust in god, not man" -Isaiah 26:4[/h6]

iron.jpg
y

Damn, I'm so tall and some people are short-isn't this proof that God created us?

A mosque was built recently in NYC by Muslims, if that isn't proof that God exists I don't know what is-

Man gets life sentence for murder, he has all the time in the world and guilt makes him convert to Islam=Proof of God's existence

This milk and cookies dude can't be serious
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love how matter of fact he claims his religion offers tangible proof that God created anything or what God is to begin with, GTHOOHWTBS

Scientology is a novel and fast growing religions, I could name a long list of prominent people who converted to scientology does this mean Xenu exists?

Mormonism is another fast growing religion, they send people on missions to spread their word all over the globe? Many people convert to Mormonism, including my step dad at some point I still roast him for it
laugh.gif
Joseph Smith is clearly a sign that God created us

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Religion FTL
all religions are made up by man
no one person can say another person will go to hell (if it exists)
only god (if it exists) will judge us

Islam at least has an explanation of why people like Jesus, Jacob, Moses... etc. existed in history...
what is your explanation for why these individuals, who carried the same message, are mentioned in the Bible, Torah & Quran.... not to mention places like the Epic of Gilgamesh where a variation of Noah's Deluge story is given. What is the reason for this repetition?

What is the reason for the Quran, Torah and Bible including such similar renditions of these stories?
Your logic is simply "Well a man must have written it because man writes all books" but you have no proof. you are empty handed and nothing but "logic" is what you're relying on... the same logic that has mislead people in countless endeavors a plethora of times in human history...

Have you even read the books or learned the traditions that you are so adamantly criticizing? and why are you so adamant to criticize these traditions? you seem to make some big assumptions when reading what people write... like your eskimo response... has it ever occurred to you that maybe religions purpose is to bring inner peace to one's heart?
Just because I post one verse that alludes to punishment, you assume that religion is about punishment and hell... overlooking the big picture?...

and please answer my question about the human race being the most evolved organism on the planet... you cannot ignore the fact that there is a unique quality about us that both separates us from other biological organisms and unites us with other life forms...

Even I struggle with the question of what the truth is... and why I haven't gone and looked for the truth with some substance to truly understand why it is in fact the truth, if it is even the truth...

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Islam at least has an explanation of why people like Jesus, Jacob, Moses... etc. existed in history...
what is your explanation for why these individuals, who carried the same message, are mentioned in the Bible, Torah & Quran.... not to mention places like the Epic of Gilgamesh where a variation of Noah's Deluge story is given. What is the reason for this repetition?

What is the reason for the Quran, Torah and Bible including such similar renditions of these stories?
Your logic is simply "Well a man must have written it because man writes all books" but you have no proof. you are empty handed and nothing but "logic" is what you're relying on... the same logic that has mislead people in countless endeavors a plethora of times in human history...

Have you even read the books or learned the traditions that you are so adamantly criticizing? and why are you so adamant to criticize these traditions? you seem to make some big assumptions when reading what people write... like your eskimo response... has it ever occurred to you that maybe religions purpose is to bring inner peace to one's heart?
Just because I post one verse that alludes to punishment, you assume that religion is about punishment and hell... overlooking the big picture?...

and please answer my question about the human race being the most evolved organism on the planet... you cannot ignore the fact that there is a unique quality about us that both separates us from other biological organisms and unites us with other life forms...

Even I struggle with the question of what the truth is... and why I haven't gone and looked for the truth with some substance to truly understand why it is in fact the truth, if it is even the truth...

30125_608297025738_1701838_35746171_1907766_n.jpg

The Judeochristian religious tradition is not special

LOL @ at least we have an explanation-

"God did it" is your explanation, how many brain cells did it take for you to come up with that one?

The most populous and most successful organisms on this planet are microbes-if you look at it numbers wise human beings are NOT the dominant life form on the planet-How's that for looking at the big picture-

Someone post that gif of the universe that shows just how insignificant we are as human beings-Is it at all possible that there are creatures out there in the vast, infinite cosmic sea that is the universe that are far more advanced than we are

Human beings evolved from ancestors that weren't even close to being as mentally advanced as we are today, are you saying evolution is proof that God exists?

The notion that human beings are unique and the millions of other species that roam this earth aren't also shows a complete lack of perspective on your part-There are creatures on this planet that have senses human beings do not possess.

You clearly missed the point about that Eskimo quote, Eskimos do NOT need to know about Muhammad-They had their own dieties and religious tradition that brought them "inner peace"-The didn't f%%^ need your Mohamad

I love how you completely ignore the fact that Christianity, Judaism and Islam are essentially rooted in the same tradition and share the same geographic location-of course many of the stories would be shared GENIUS

Are you kidding me?
indifferent.gif

People like you HATE to think, that's the conclusion I've come to

Some animals are predators and others are prey, that's proof that Allah exists

this is why I feel no shame for calling you out in the other thread.
laugh.gif
None. Now OPTIMUS PRIME(sillyputty)
30t6p3b.gif
....I won't make that mistake again because he is the cancer that won't die but you are fair game Anton.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cap29

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
....I won't make that mistake again because he is the cancer that won't die but you are fair game Anton.
laugh.gif

Yea you can call me a pagan, infidel or "nonbeliever" but don't insult my intelligence by projecting your thought processes onto me-I don't think God is the reason for the tides-I don't have the luxury of looking for the dumbest most simplistic explanations to natural or even supernatural phenomena.

How come you never see the sun and the moon at the same time? see you can't explain that-God exists

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Yea you can call me a pagan, infidel or "nonbeliever" but don't insult my intelligence by projecting your thought processes onto me-I don't think God is the reason for the tides-I don't have the luxury of looking for the dumbest most simplistic explanations to natural or even supernatural phenomena.

How come you never see the sun and the moon at the same time? see you can't explain that-God exists

Oh shut the hell up. Nobody tried to insult your intelligence THAT TIME. I have done it before you know that.
laugh.gif
 I was simply asking you to explain. Nobody was expecting you to have the same thought process as me. You always cry when called upon to ACTUALLY EXPLAIN instead of you ranting and raving.   

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Oh shut the hell up. Nobody tried to insult your intelligence THAT TIME. I have done it before you know that.
laugh.gif
 I was simply asking you to explain. Nobody was expecting you to have the same thought process as me. You always cry when called upon to ACTUALLY EXPLAIN instead of you ranting and raving.  

Car accidents are one of top 3 leading causes of death in people in my age group-Some people got killed today, i didn't-bet you can't explain that

BDW anyone who graduated grade school should know exactly what my explanation for the dumb *** question you asked was, it wasn't needed to be said explicitly

-There was a general theme to everything I said in that thread, if you don't get it I am the least of your worries sis

AntonLaVey wrote:
The most populous and most successful organisms on this planet are microbes-if you look at it numbers wise human beings are NOT the dominant life form on the planet-How's that for looking at the big picture-

Someone post that gif of the universe that shows just how insignificant we are as human beings-Is it at all possible that there are creatures out there in the vast, infinite cosmic sea that is the universe that are far more advanced than we are

Human beings evolved from ancestors that weren't even close to being as mentally advanced as we are today, are you saying evolution is proof that God exists?

The notion that human beings are unique and the millions of other species that roam this earth aren't also shows a complete lack of perspective on your part-There are creatures on this planet that have senses human beings do not possess.

Has any organism in the damn world AKA EARTH, shown as much adaptability over the earth as humans have?

I think not... but I suppose I could be wrong... do any organisms travel from ecosystem to ecosystem and survive at the same rate as us?

No...

We are unique, just like other animals are unique... but our mental faculty distinguishes us from other animals in this world and you cannot deny that... it is simply foolish to do so.

and you are idiotic if you think that humans are insignificant in this world... ever heard of global warming(one among an infinite list of examples)?!

The fate of our planet lies in the hands of humans... don't tell me that humans are insignificant...  

"Praise be to the lord of the worlds"

There is no limit to the possibilities of God's creations... including ET life, evolution, the big bang/ expanding universe theory ( which is alluded to in the Quran)

Anton... You may think you know what the truth is...

say there is a car accident that happens on the corner of 53rd st and 6th ave... and you're on the NW corner of 6th ave/ 52nd street, the only perspective that you have on the accident is from that particular view at that particular time... Every single person near the accident site has their own view of the accident and not a single person's view or perception is the same as another given person... Therefore do any two people have the same understanding of what took place? NO, but the accident did happen in One particular way that appeared different from every perspective...

How can someone go through life and really believe that they know the truth when they have only seen the world through their own lenses? Aren't there theoretically 1,000,000,000's of individual viewpoints on this earth that are equally valid, but conflicting viewpoints? (for example if you lived through my experiences and I lived through yours, wouldn't our viewpoints be opposite?) Therefore doesn't it only make sense that there is one lens of truth, one lens of truth that doesn't conflict with itself... the way that any two human viewpoints would?

That one lens of truth is the eternal vector of truth that has lasted from the beginning of time and will last until the end of time.

milkandcookies

We argue your scripture with the Christians. See where that gets you.
laugh.gif

By the way, roaches are outnumber humans by far and are far more adaptable to this Earth than we are.

We don't think humans are significant in this world. We think humans are insignificant in this UNIVERSE.

We've already had a 60+ page thread on this.

PLEASE PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF ALLAH OR ANY OTHER GODS.

AntonLaVey wrote:

Has any organism in the damn world AKA EARTH, shown as much adaptability over the earth as humans have?

I think not... but I suppose I could be wrong... do any organisms travel from ecosystem to ecosystem and survive at the same rate as us?

No...

We are unique, just like other animals are unique... but our mental faculty distinguishes us from other animals in this world and you cannot deny that... it is simply foolish to do so.

and you are idiotic if you think that humans are insignificant in this world... ever heard of global warming(one among an infinite list of examples)?!

The fate of our planet lies in the hands of humans... don't tell me that humans are insignificant...  

"Praise be to the lord of the worlds"

There is no limit to the possibilities of God's creations... including ET life, evolution, the big bang/ expanding universe theory ( which is alluded to in the Quran)

Anton... You may think you know what the truth is...

say there is a car accident that happens on the corner of 53rd st and 6th ave... and you're on the NW corner of 6th ave/ 52nd street, the only perspective that you have on the accident is from that particular view at that particular time... Every single person near the accident site has their own view of the accident and not a single person's view or perception is the same as another given person... Therefore do any two people have the same understanding of what took place? NO, but the accident did happen in One particular way that appeared different from every perspective...

How can someone go through life and really believe that they know the truth when they have only seen the world through their own lenses? Aren't there theoretically 1,000,000,000's of individual viewpoints on this earth that are equally valid, but conflicting viewpoints? (for example if you lived through my experiences and I lived through yours, wouldn't our viewpoints be opposite?) Therefore doesn't it only make sense that there is one lens of truth, one lens of truth that doesn't conflict with itself... the way that any two human viewpoints would?

That one lens of truth is the eternal vector of truth that has lasted from the beginning of time and will last until the end of time.

-Human beings are in a biological arms race with microbes, bacteria, viruses etc have a very unique ability to adapt, and adapt quickly so you can go ahead and throw that point out the window

-Beavers are an animal that affects its ecosystem drastically, and I fail to see how any of this means God exists? Did God create humans in his own image or did humans create God in our own image?

-Cultural definitions and descriptions of what God is vary drastrically

-If you knew how to read, you would've clearly seen where I said our mental capabilities make us unique, however there are other attributes that certain animals have that are just as mesmerizing depending on perspective-Then again I value animal life almost as much as I value human life so you and I may not be on the same page

-Human beings COULD be very insignificant to a higher being, we really don't know. We could literally be ants in a higher beings ant farm, that is what I meant by human beings being insignificant-I should have used the word "POTENTIALLY". The way we manipulate other forms of life, is it at all possible that there is a higher form of life that manipulates us that isn't necessarily a "God" in the traditional sense. And does this higher being have its own Gods?

-Human beings do affect this planet more than any other animal, but human beings were NOT the first inhabitants of this planet-We will most likely die off and the earth will heal itself if we keep going at this pace.

-The quote i highlighted pretty much sums up how I look at our existence, you believe God creating the earth to be a fact and an unequivocal fact-I have thousands upon thousands of theoretical viewpoints to explain our existence and I don't claim any of them to be FACT-

I could sit here and explain to you that the Gods of Ancient Egypt were aliens who masturbated EVERYTHING into existence and it would be just as valid as your Mohamad and Allah

People like me think beyond "God"!!!  God is not the endpoint to all of life's mysteries. God makes a virtue out of not thinking of possibilities. Yes even your Allah is a possibility, but nothing more.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

milkandcookies

We argue your scripture with the Christians. See where that gets you.
laugh.gif

By the way, roaches are outnumber humans by far and are far more adaptable to this Earth than we are.

We don't think humans are significant in this world. We think humans are insignificant in this UNIVERSE.

We've already had a 60+ page thread on this.

PLEASE PRESENT YOUR EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF ALLAH OR ANY OTHER GODS.

Mosquitos kill more human beings than humans kill mosquitos, and we are supposed to be the dominant species on the planet
grin.gif

maybe if those who have the financial means to fix such a statistic had the emotional faculty to do so, that statistic would be eradicated...

maybe if those who have the financial means to fix such a statistic had the emotional faculty to do so, that statistic would be eradicated...

Does the means matter? the mosquitos are still winning, as is HIV, influenza etc etc etc

And what are they supposed to do, spray the entire continent with pesticide creating a toxic environment that will probably do as much damage? Maybe make our blood poisonous to mosquitos?

I mean public health has taken measures such as draining stagnant water, using sprays and mosquito nets which helps but we are still susceptible to malaria

Ok since you're basing God's existence on the fact that humans are the dominant species, why would God create so many animals and such a beautiful planet for us to eff it up?

Devildog/anton, 
I'm gonna respond to you two exactly how I responded to a previous thread.

*what do we look like when we stand up straight?
the number one... in sanksrit, arabic, english, roman... so many different languages... isn't this a sign that the one god created you?

*The call to Islam has been heard by people of all different creeds and colors, and a visit to your local masjid will verify this... Everytime I visit my local mosque, I am in awe of how diverse the gathering is... african americans, white people, latinos, asians, indians, arabs... native americans even. Islam has reached every single corner of this earth. there are muslims in Japan, Russia, China, South Asia, Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Europe, Australia... even in the USA muslims are everywhere. If you read the stories of how islam spread in Syria, Ethiopia and India... the first people to convert to Islam were Kings. Kings who heard the Quran being recited in Arabic and began to cry just at the sound of the book, despite not understanding it... kings who cried even more when hearing the quran being translated. 
Why are there mosques on every corner of the globe? and why are the congregations so diverse? I see this as a sign of God's existence... His message does not spare anyone, of any color, of any background, of any wealth bracket... it is the universal calling to the truth. (Mike Tyson is orthodox Muslim, Cassius Clay became Muslim, Maurice Bucaille (a deceased, mid 20th century, french scientist) became muslim, Jeffery Lang (professor of Mathematics at Kansas, and former athiest) became Muslim)

Islam didn't spread by the sword in Japan, or china, or Europe. Nor is it being spread by the sword now, why are so many people converting to Islam?

(name me another mainstream, orthodox religion that has such an ethically diverse congregation in the USA.) You won't be able to... Hinduism is mostly indians, bhuddism is mostly east asians, Christian churches vary depending on the neighborhood you are in... and synagogues are mostly white.

"Seek knowledge even as far as China"

"Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises...The doors of goodness are many...enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one's legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one's arms--all of these are charity prescribed for you."

"Your smile for your brother is charity." 

- Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a sign of god's existence.

At least my religion has an explanation for how humans exist - distinguished from all of creation.

What does science tell us?

How in the world are you going to convince me why humans are as evolved as we are... especially in comparison to the next smartest organisms on the planet.

there is a HUGE gap... and you don't have a single answer as to why it happened... all you can tell me is your untestable and unproven hypothesis... which by the way does not disprove anything in the Quran... because if in fact you think you proved anything, all you can potentially prove is how the lord created the world (which I won't disagree or agree with because my book does not instruct me to put limits to the power of my Lord...)
I could replace this entire quote about Islam with Christianity and it would hold true. And, trust me, I stand against Christianity. You can find Christians all throughout the world. You may deny this, but that doesn't mean that it's not true. The popularity of your religion does NOT, in any way, mean that it's true. 
Just because your religion has an explanation for how humans exist does not mean that it's right.

Back
Top Bottom