QUESTION FOR NT ABOUT DRIVING STICK SHIFT!

Automatic or Manual?

• Automatic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do any of you guys drive manual? If so, is it difficult? I want to learn how to drive manual myself. Thanks!

It can be tricky if you're a beginner. Just practice in a empty lot with a car that you aren't afraid to do much damage to and you'll be good in a matter of days.

Once u get the 1st gear u will b set.. uphill is fun too

when i practiced my kuya had me go up this steep *** hill smh ...burnt that so bad

tip though, at least be comfortable driving first before practicing...last thing u want is added fear/anxiety behind the wheel...that's the big thing when learning stick...u gotta keep composure and don't panic.....it's great once you get the hang of it...dont mind stalling and gettin honked at cuz dudes need to chill and be patient

Last edited:
I remember getting honked at driving home from school when I stalled at a light..

Standard:

Gives driver greater control of vehicle due to instant gear selection as opposed to computer controlled gear selection of an automatic

Better MPG (not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Better acceleration (again not as relevant as in the past due to 6+ speed Automatics)

Durability (sans clutch)

Fun "froggy" feeling when shifting gets you major cool points from passengers

Automatic:

Road dome :pimp:

Last edited:
I've driven manual for the last 16 years. To me it's the only way to drive. Ill fall asleep on automatic wheels all day. Advice for a rookie to the manual world would be to understand how a Manuel transmission works before attempting. It will make things soooooooo much easier. If you have a mechanical mind that is. On the real...a manuel vehicle can be the most exhilarating drive ever. Nothing like the right tune and some spirited shifting.

I've driven manual for the last 16 years. To me it's the only way to drive. Ill fall asleep on automatic wheels all day. Advice for a rookie to the manual world would be to understand how a Manuel transmission works before attempting. It will make things soooooooo much easier. If you have a mechanical mind that is. On the real...a manuel vehicle can be the most exhilarating drive ever. Nothing like the right tune and some spirited shifting.

i kept thinking of my mexican friend everytime you said manuel :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cmon bruh.. :rofl: this **** is hilarious for some reason :rofl:

oh and down shifting and hittin da gas :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm 24, and I don't know how to drive stick. I needa learn.

25 don't know nor care how to drive a stick. I do have a motorcycle though...if that counts as driving a manual.

I do way too much in my car and i drive a lot...in horrible DC/Bmore traffic....id die with a stick shift.

My first time driving stick was when I took my car for a test drive at the dealer. I took the car home in heavy traffic never driving stick before :smokin
Watch some youtube vids and practice the motions on a automatic car. Took me 3hrs and I had it down about 90% when I had the car home

It's pretty fun driving standard. I wish my dad still had his 325i. It was a blast to drive!
After a while you just know when to shift and it all comes natural. I'm sure I'm a little rusty though since I haven't driven one in like 3 years.

oh and
Launching a car was hella fun!!! :smokin

My 1st car ('92 Maxima) at 17 was a stick. There is a bit of a learning curve. What I learn from drving stick that will stay with me for the rest of my drving life is using my left hand to steer. I'm a righty and it's uncomfortable for me to drive with my right hand and I drive an automatic now.

View media item 509316

Around here no-one drives auto - I only know 2 people and once has SMG and the other the VW alternative. My grandmother drove stick. It's not complicated.

just get a car and just drive .......once you get used to the friction point of the clutch its smooth sailing..... i learned by myself in an 89 crx si in 2 days

Thanks fam! You guys make it seem really simple and easy learning. I did just watch YT vids on it a little bit ago. So it seems all simple really.

Driving stick is simple though I mostly drive automatics (because that's what my parent's have).

I live in the DMV. Taught myself to drive stick on the spot of buying a car(took a whole evening to get it down).

Hills are the hardest when you first start. When going from a stop, to first on a hill.. you think you're gonna die.. But after that... :smokin

Back
Top Bottom