QUESTION FOR NT GUN OWNERS Vol. What Purchases Since the Election?

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I ask this in just about every gun thread but I never get a reply. just want a honest answer from gun owners. I can't legally own a gun b/c I have a felony on my record. I never realized the importance of my gun rights till they were taken away. I just want to know this.. If a person commits a felony that was non violent and didn't invovle a firearm do you think they should still be denied there right to own a gun? I really don't feel this should be the case due to the WIDE range of things consided a felony now days. any input is welcome.

dont know about your state, but my friend is a convicted felon since he was 18 and he cannot legally purchase any firearms until his 23rd birthday and thatswith a clean record since.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Originally Posted by The Rat Pack Is Back

Seattle206, what shops in the Seattle area should I check out that have decent prices? I'm looking to buy a Sig P229...

try out ben's loan in renton or federal way discount guns, they have the best prices generally.

and yoda,

in wa state i need to take a hunter's education 3-day course and pass before i can buy a hunting license & tags. i thought about taking a class last summer but some friends flaked out so i never took the class. only if i found somebody that can take me out on a hunt and get a hands on experience to see how everything is done. i know there is a lot of public land to hunt, just dont have have a truck or the right people to show me. maybe in the near future.

Didnt know there was so many Seattle NTers...thanks for the info I stay in federal way.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

I ask this in just about every gun thread but I never get a reply. just want a honest answer from gun owners. I can't legally own a gun b/c I have a felony on my record. I never realized the importance of my gun rights till they were taken away. I just want to know this.. If a person commits a felony that was non violent and didn't invovle a firearm do you think they should still be denied there right to own a gun? I really don't feel this should be the case due to the WIDE range of things consided a felony now days. any input is welcome.

dont know about your state, but my friend is a convicted felon since he was 18 and he cannot legally purchase any firearms until his 23rd birthday and thats with a clean record since.
I'm sure it varys from state to state. Im gunna do all I can to get what I can back here. The way its been explained to me here is this.

after completion of your probation/parole you can apply to get your voting and such right back. if thats accepted then you are allowed to own a normal rifle (bolt action of shotgun) for hunting purpose and things like that. They told me unless I get the recrod exsponged I think its called I can never buy or posses ahandgun or apply for a concealed carry permit. if I get caught with an assualt rifle or hand gun its a mandatory 3 years
frown.gif

Seattle206 If I were you I would build a match rifle from larue or a sbr but thats what I would do. Also DathbgboyIf I were you I would save my money and just buy an AR.

Thats a nice buck Yoda. I invite you down my way any time we got monsters. this one was taken about a mile from my mothers house. She lives in KY, but we got big ones in OH 2. Its a good time out tehre in the woods and not nearly as easy as people think it is. you snappin a twig one time could ruin a whole day. no smoking, usein the bathroom nothin for 8 or so hours. sittin and waiting.

Alright, forget sleeping...Hunting thread on NT has me up..

If I were even close to KY, I'd send you a PM immediately, but unfortunately, I'm not...But I do appreciate that though..

Thats a MONSTER Non-Typ..
eek.gif
eek.gif

As for the felony comment...My brother got into some trouble about 7 years ago..Non-violent crime with no firearms involved (Small time drug deal to anundercover)...

He feels the same way you do..He doesn't want to worry about getting in trouble when he's just out in the woods with his family..He contacted hislawyer and some time in the near future, he wants to proceed with having his felony sealed or his felony completely expunged..It was his first offense, nevergot into trouble aside from tickets and what not...

If I were you, contact a lawyer and see what they've gotta say.

AR guy you in florida? ( see the flag in the avi ) I hear the gun laws are really really relaxed down there. any truth to that?

Originally Posted by Yoda

Thats a nice buck Yoda. I invite you down my way any time we got monsters. this one was taken about a mile from my mothers house. She lives in KY, but we got big ones in OH 2. Its a good time out tehre in the woods and not nearly as easy as people think it is. you snappin a twig one time could ruin a whole day. no smoking, usein the bathroom nothin for 8 or so hours. sittin and waiting.

If I were even close to KY, I'd send you a PM immediately, but unfortunately, I'm not...But I do appreciate that though..

eek.gif
eek.gif

As for the felony comment...My brother got into some trouble about 7 years ago..Non-violent crime with no firearms involved (Small time drug deal to an undercover)...

He feels the same way you do..He doesn't want to worry about getting in trouble when he's just out in the woods with his family..He contacted his lawyer and some time in the near future, he wants to proceed with having his felony sealed or his felony completely expunged..It was his first offense, never got into trouble aside from tickets and what not...

same thing down here little drug deal to an undercover. been out of trouble for almost 4 years now. I mean id like to have my full rights back concealed carrypermit all of it if possible. I mean obviously someone who couldnt handle a gun the first time and held up a liquor store shouldnt have a gun but mine was nonviolent and had nothing to do with a gun. non payment of child support over a certain amount is a felony here. why should that person not be allowed to own aweapon?

If your ever in the area holla at me Yoda, my family got some land to hunt. muzzle loader season is still in here. a friend of mine took a small buck tonight.people may be a little upset seeing them bein hung up and bleed out but once you taste some of the meat you will have a smile not a frown.

AR guy you in florida? ( see the flag in the avi ) I hear the gun laws are really really relaxed down there. any truth to that?
Florida gun laws are pretty lax. You can buy rifles at 18, handguns at 21. There's no type of awb. I hear its fairly easy to get your CCW hereand it's recognized in over 20 states I believe.

There's no limit to how many guns you can buy at a time and if you've got the money and go through the time, all NFA items (full autos, Short barreledrifles, suppressors, Destructive

Devices) are all legal too so Florida gun laws FTW
pimp.gif

Yoda wrote:

Pushak513 wrote:

eek.gif
eek.gif

As for the felony comment...My brother got into some trouble about 7 years ago..Non-violent crime with no firearms involved (Small time drug deal to an undercover)...

He feels the same way you do..He doesn't want to worry about getting in trouble when he's just out in the woods with his family..He contacted his lawyer and some time in the near future, he wants to proceed with having his felony sealed or his felony completely expunged..It was his first offense, never got into trouble aside from tickets and what not...

same thing down here little drug deal to an undercover. been out of trouble for almost 4 years now. I mean id like to have my full rights back concealed carry permit all of it if possible. I mean obviously someone who couldnt handle a gun the first time and held up a liquor store shouldnt have a gun but mine was non violent and had nothing to do with a gun. non payment of child support over a certain amount is a felony here. why should that person not be allowed to own a weapon?

If your ever in the area holla at me Yoda, my family got some land to hunt. muzzle loader season is still in here. a friend of mine took a small buck tonight. people may be a little upset seeing them bein hung up and bleed out but once you taste some of the meat you will have a smile not a frown.

Same up here in NY...Enough back Child support can get you a felony.

Its BS. I mean sure, you should give whatever you owe to your child, but it doesn't warrant a felony on their record.

Like I said, if I'm ever in that area, I'll be sure to let you know...KY bucks are legendary..

I swear, if people gave Venison a taste, they'd love it. Leaner than beef, more natural than what we're eating from super markets, I could go on..

70% ground venison, 30% ground pork= DAMN GOOD BURGERS.

^ I don't eat pork but I hardly eat deer burger either Id have to mix some beef fat into it. usually just chop it up a bit and make deer nuggets or somesmall butterfly steaks. People really have some recessed idea of what "wild" animals taste like but its really nothin like you expect. I mean I'mno Davey Crockett I live in the city lol but I try differnt kinds of game and get deer and stuff from my mothers boyfriend (big hunter NRA guy LOL). I reallywant to try some buffalo soon. SMH my city has the US largest grocery store with 100 kinds of wild game and I never go buy any.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Someone reccomend me a glock.

I'm bout to register here in CA
get a 9mm Glock, Glock - 17 or 19, or 26 for something really compact

I want a 26 in the future, I think I'll get one

26;
Glock26.jpg

here's the 3 main 9mm's for size comparison; (from top-17, 19, 26)
glock_17_19_26.jpg

Also SpringfieldXD if you ain't bull ++%@*$%! about your mac 90 and it is full auto, I hope you went through all the BAFTE paper work to get it done legally also since you did your purchases face to face
actually, the rifle itself is illegal... i'm not planning on taking it to the range, it's a throwaway.

it's not a self defense weapon. it's a self offense weapon...

it's always good to be throwing around on the net that you own an illegal weapon
grin.gif
but to each his own

anywho, only thing i picked up is a rock river complete lower....gotta wait till i get some money to get the upper and everything
frown.gif
whenever thats donei'll have an olympic and another complete AR, plus the new olympic 9mm AR-15 my brother picked up
glasses.gif
plus the various other things my brother and i have (don't feel likeposting it all)

Originally Posted by Pimpster88

it's always good to be throwing around on the net that you own an illegal weapon
grin.gif
but to each his own

anywho, only thing i picked up is a rock river complete lower....gotta wait till i get some money to get the upper and everything
frown.gif
whenever thats done i'll have an olympic and another complete AR, plus the new olympic 9mm AR-15 my brother picked up
glasses.gif
plus the various other things my brother and i have (don't feel like posting it all)

where's the ATF when you need 'em, huh?

Yoda, where are you in Central New York?

It's amazing how divided the state is when it concerns gun laws and other issues.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Yoda, where are you in Central New York?

It's amazing how divided the state is when it concerns gun laws and other issues.

Nowhere near Central NY...I'm on Long Island..I simply go up there to hunt.

I turn 21 in 1 year and about 6 months, its still a pretty long time but can some one school me on what I need to do to legally own a gun..

Make sure you keep that record clean before you get a gun...soon as you start slipping the slightest bs charge will keep youfrom getting approved

not really a fan of guns myself. but as long as the owners are responsible and dont act a fool with them then whatever. a friend of mine owns several guns andhes always acting irresponsibly with them.

Don't mean to thread jack but... is anyone familiar with Florida gun laws? I know 21 is the legal age for handguns and 18 for rifles... anymore info?

Back
Top Bottom