Question regarding open container laws

iloveshoes

Banned
Stupid me last night went to check what was going on outside , and i had a corona in my hand. Just so happened the cop saw me, and wrote me a ticket for havingan open bottle.

My question is, is it serious? If this is my first offense, ever. And will it mess up my record for my background check? I'm going into the nursing programin spring.

Thanks again NT, in advance..

LOL this is such a minor offense. Dont even worry about it, it will most likely be removed from your record after probation since its your first offense. I gotarrested twice for worse things and got them cleared.

Originally Posted by Sputnik

LOL this is such a minor offense. Dont even worry about it, it will most likely be removed from your record after probation since its your first offense. I got arrested twice for worse things and got them cleared.

aighhhh did you say probation? like i have to go to probation? or a probation period.

Yeah i'm over 21, you guys know how much the ticket might cost?

laugh.gif
@ dude saying you gonna get probation.

You could rip the summons up and be good boss. I've gotten like 15 open container tickets...
laugh.gif

If you get fined, it's gonna be like $15.

LOL this is such a minor offense. Dont even worry about it, it will most likely be removed from your record after probation since its your first offense. I got arrested twice for worse things and got them cleared.
smh.gif
its a ticket fam. he aint even get arrested. aint even a misdemeanor or an infraction. the hell he going to get probation for. go drive yourgtr or something

Originally Posted by Gabe Gotti

laugh.gif
@ dude saying you gonna get probation.

You could rip the summons up and be good boss. I've gotten like 15 open container tickets...
laugh.gif

If you get fined, it's gonna be like $15.

Haha for sure. thanks bro. What state do you live in BTW?

To everyone that answered my question thanks a lot! I'll be sure to return the favor to you guys one day.

What about an open container while driving a vehicle? Got one last weekend, anyone know what that ticket is lookin like?

Originally Posted by doosta45

smh.gif
its a ticket fam. he aint even get arrested. aint even a misdemeanor or an infraction. the hell he going to get probation for. go drive your gtr or something

Hahah my bad, just speaking from my experience. His offense is very minor, nothing to stress about

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

What about an open container while driving a vehicle? Got one last weekend, anyone know what that ticket is lookin like?

open container while driving a vehicle? its lookin like a little trip to jail

You might be able to do a diversion program. But damn, that's such a minor offense I wouldn't even worry about it. Especially since you're 21. That cop must have been a huge d-bag to even take the time to write that ticket.

Originally Posted by ZEEN1NE

No way. If all you got was an open container and not a DUI/DWI, you won't be in much trouble. Maybe a little, but definitely not jail.

were you drunk? or just had an open container for no reason? either way, it's probably gonna cost you

Originally Posted by bjamez20

were you drunk? or just had an open container for no reason? either way, it's probably gonna cost you
I was drunk but didn't get a DUI.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Nothings gonna happen. You go to court and pay a fine of like $15 (if they even give you one).

if he pays the fine he won't have to go to court...just pay it man...it's much better than the !@+*#%! DUI !#$% i'm going through right now....

Back
Top Bottom