R&B Thread About Nothing

Endless is criminally underrated because most people only have heard it as the visual album that Frank released to fulfill his Def Jam contract and thus don’t have the CDQ of it since it was never released for streaming in the normal way.

Frank leaves his soul on wax on this one:

Greatest R&B artist of the ‘10s. Don’t @ me mfs.

Endless is criminally underrated because most people only have heard it as the visual album that Frank released to fulfill his Def Jam contract and thus don’t have the CDQ of it since it was never released for streaming in the normal way.

Frank leaves his soul on wax on this one:

Greatest R&B artist of the ‘10s. Don’t @ me mfs.

This was way better than the album he dropped right after.

This was way better than the album he dropped right after.
I wasn’t that receptive of Blond when it initially dropped either but after I let it marinate, dissected the themes and narrative he was going for on there... Album is a masterpiece.

That beat switch on Nights that occurs at exactly the half-way point of the album that takes us in a different direction sonically for the remainder of the album...

8E3C1341-B128-4667-ADF2-EEDABD4C4235.png
Frank’s an auteur for real.

Last edited:
I wasn’t that receptive of Blond when it initially dropped either but after I let it marinate, dissected the themes and narrative he was going for on there... Album is a masterpiece.

I don't see it as a masterpiece, but the album grew on me after I gave it a close listen in silence. It's like looking at an art piece you don't like or understand upon first viewing, but then one way or another you appreciate more through finding out the meaning/background, looking at paintings related to it, seeing the artists frame of mind, etc. Frank Ocean's songs always have depth, so whether I enjoy it or not, I can appreciate his work.

That beat switch on Nights that occurs at exactly the half-way point of the album that takes us in a different direction sonically for the remainder of the album...

Yeah, if you can't feel blond, be happy you've never been so heartbroken.

Back
Top Bottom