R.I.P. Alton Sterling..Shot by BRPD..Point Blank, While Restrained.

This is why the video footage is going to be SO important. I came across this on reddit:

Officer 1: hes going for his pocket! GUN hes got a gun!

Thats important. The gun was found because he was going for his pocket while being detained. Yet the police did not shoot. Until he went for a AGAIN. Thats two times in a few seconds while being detained that the officers are reporting in real time he is attempting to get his gun.

Which is not the narrative we see below that one guy screamed "GUN" and the other shot. He went for his gun TWICE

Edit: the article posted neglects both times officer 1 stated he was reaching for the gun too. Horrible journalism but A+ job at creating the narrative you want.

Edit 2: I hope everyone sees my post as an attempt to add more information to an article lacking in it. I had to watch this disaster multiple times and I know most wont and probably shouldnt. We dont know if he was reaching for a gun. Neither those who think this was justified or those who think its murder. But we do now know that in real time officer 1 reported him going for a gun that was eventually in that pocket TWICE. And thats not in the article. And we all should frankly be furious at that.

in a couple days, a majority of yall talking about needing change in the system will forget about this and carry on with your lives....until another shooting of an armed or unarmed criminal.

:rolleyes

Being a felon doesn't mean son is just this evil out to get everyone *** person. He made mistakes in the past, cool, u dont know that walking up to him like that. Carrying a gun is basically protecting yourself. When your out selling something your a target, Cuz 99.9% of the time the product is on u and the money u made. U got a family u protecting yourself so u can get back home to em everyday. I ain't left my house without my pistol in over 12 mths and I'm not trynna hurt a soul, just protect myself. It's ****** up what they are doing, but then people get angry when a cop dies and we don't give 2 damns.

Black men, get firearms. Practice shooting. Be ready. If y'all don't see these repeated killings as a declaration of war, you're kidding yourselves. If Trump gets into office, **** will definitely hit the fan.

Well according to ksteezy if you are carrying when an incident like this happens, the shooting is your own fault.

I don't think ksteezy sees the pattern of black men being targeted, being scared for their life because of the history police have with shooting black men, then the cops are scared when they see the black men scared and respond by shooting because they don't know how to handle the situation any other way apparently.

Now according to ksteezy, if you just don't carry a gun and get cuffed, taken to jail, etc... it'd all be gravy. I don't think he understands you could be completely innocent black man minding your own business and there is still the fear of being targeted and harassed by police.

**** doesn't make sense. Cops were supposedly called because he had a gun. And if that's the case, who called the cops to report he had a gun, in state where you can open carry? In the video them laws react surprised to learn he had a gun on him.

In mass shootings cats scream we need more guns to protect ourselves. a guy gets killed by a cop for allegedly having a gun In his pocket, that he couldn't reach because he was pinned down...say he shouldn't have a gun.

**** doesn't make sense. Cops were supposedly called because he had a gun. And if that's the case, who called the cops to report he had a gun, in state where you can open carry? In the video them laws react surprised to learn he had a gun on him.

In mass shootings cats scream we need more guns to protect ourselves. a guy gets killed by a cop for allegedly having a gun In his pocket, that he couldn't reach because he was pinned down...say he shouldn't have a gun.

I think the police were called because he reportedly threatened someone with a gun.

Out of the 346 black people killed by police last year, 2 officers were convicted.

:smh:

Listen, y'all gotta ignore the ignorance spewed by some in here regarding this topic because it is too important to have constructive conversations about it.

If dudes can't sit back and learn something then it is what it is but those in the know need to discuss the real implications of all this.

Black people and any other people with their eyes open need to come together to a point where there is no other option but justice and fair treatment.

A lot of people think because the 60's is over that we don't need to be just as militant when it comes to our rights but they're wrong and we move further away from equality each day.
Thank you!

As infuriating as some of these comments are, we who see the injustice of the incident need ignore those dudes and collectively come together and discuss solutions and how to uplift.

Well according to ksteezy if you are carrying when an incident like this happens, the shooting is your own fault.

I don't think ksteezy sees the pattern of black men being targeted, being scared for their life because of the history police have with shooting black men, then the cops are scared when they see the black men scared and respond by shooting because they don't know how to handle the situation any other way apparently.

Now according to ksteezy, if you just don't carry a gun and get cuffed, taken to jail, etc... it'd all be gravy. I don't think he understands you could be completely innocent black man minding your own business and there is still the fear of being targeted and harassed by police.

You a clown :lol:

When did I give you the impression I don't understand black men are often targeted and abused by police.

When did I say sterling was at fault for his own murder, if it was I wouldn't be saying the cop should be held accountable.

However as a felon with multiple arrests my dude shouldn't be out there once again breaking the law by carrying an illegal weapon....this doesn't mean I justify his MURDER.

On everything... Lemme shut up. I hope my brothers with smarts are paying attention and getting ready.

Seen the pages jump and new Steezy had to be in here w/ their usual "I'm saying it but I'm not saying it" bs :smh:

These pigs should only be allowed have rubber bullets. My disdain for the police as a black man is at a fever pitch. Not all cops are bad, but you put on that badge you deserve whatever the **** happens to you. You're serving a corrupt system.

A man's job is to provide and protect. If you CAN'T protect what you provide and who you provide for, you're not a man.

That's how they see us. That's what we're dealing with.

I've been saying this for a minute the solution to this gun problem is for every black person, Muslim and homosexual carry weapons and join their own chapters of the NRA. The dialogue will change REAL QUICK.
laugh.gif

No it won't.

It's in the name: MINORITY.

If **** really devolved to that (and on a mass level it won't), there are more of them than there are of you.

The true solution for any group of minority who feels that they aren't getting their fair shake, is financial unity, especially for the African Americans. As of 2015, we have $1.1 Trillion in spending power and we still out here singing negro spirituals and making hashtags...

Back
Top Bottom