R.I.P Trayvon

Guess what they are
The White Hispanics who are perceived as Hispanic by Americans usually have a typical Southern European pigmentation, with darker skin, hair, and eyes.
ie Zimmerman.

You can choose to keep the blinders on if you want, but this was racially motivated.

so is this federal charges thing real or false because i see to many people and websites talking about it

The racial undertone isn't just because of Zimmerman though, people are bothered by the make up of the jury

For example:

View media item 496229

I understand the jury and I also understand that Zimmerman may have been racially profiling Martin. However, by the eyeball test, Zimmerman looks hispanic to me. If I passed Cameron Diaz, Louis CK, or Charlie Sheen on the street, I would assume that they were Caucasian. Again, this is just my POV.

Yes, many people determine race by the seeds of the father...How you view it is up to you.
Imagine that. So after all these years, I never realized that Faith Evans is a white woman.
YOU'RE REALLY CONDESCENDING PLEIGHBOI.

YOU DO REALIZE THERE IS CULTURAL CONTEXT TO DETERMINE HOW ONE IDENTIFIES ETHNICITY, RACE, HELL EVEN RELIGION.

I LIKED YOU BETTER WHEN YOU WERE FIRING SHOTS AT THE DRESSING BETTER THREAD AND DENYING THE EXISTENCE OF WHITE PRIVILEGE.

Yes, many people determine race by the seeds of the father...How you view it is up to you.
Imagine that. So after all these years, I never realized that Faith Evans is a white woman.
laugh.gif

So because my dad is hispanic and my mom is white, I'm hispanic?

And if it was the other way around, I'm white?

Where is this rule written?
laugh.gif

As far as identifying with one side or the other, I've been raised by my mother since I was 3 years old.  Am I still hispanic? pls respond.

The racial undertone isn't just because of Zimmerman though, people are bothered by the make up of the jury

For example:

View media item 496229

The jury was selected by the prosecution and the defense under the watch of the judge.

The all-women jury was selected and agreed upon by both the prosecution and the defense. The prosecution and defense both believed they could win their case with this jury.

In the end, this hand-picked jury decided that Zimmerman was not-guilty of the charges brought up by the prosecution.

If anyone should be bothered by anything it should be the incompetence of the prosecution. This is the prosecution's fault because they couldn't convince the jury that Zimmerman was guilty of the charges.

The jury was selected by the prosecution and the defense under the watch of the judge.

The all-women jury was selected and agreed upon by both the prosecution and the defense. The prosecution and defense both believed they could win their case with this jury.

In the end, this hand-picked jury decided that Zimmerman was not-guilty of the charges brought up by the prosecution.

If anyone should be bothered by anything it should be the incompetence of the prosecution. This is the prosecution's fault because they couldn't convince the jury that Zimmerman was guilty of the charges.

Oh, wow...never knew that. Makes the whole race war angle even more ridiculous.

not really seeing as the prosecution and the defense work under the same guise. I mean the level in which the prosecution handled and prepared the case could raise the argument that they possibly might would have put more of an effort if the roles where reversed...and it was a black man who killed a white kid...especially if it was a woman.

I said it in the beginning, these dudes were on public defender level...in terms of competence and execution. Im not certain or saying for certainty the case would've happen different or the results would have, but it is def a possibility.

I mean of course I wouldnt say the race of all the jurors is why Zim got off but come on, I'm at least raising an eyebrow that the death of a black teen is being judged on by 5 white women and a latino woman.

Look at these beautiful white children. One day they will reap all the benefits of white privelege.

You all really gonna sit there and say that this dude is considered "white'?

That's the problem with discussing racial issues on this site. You guys will come up with so many abstractions or just straight up change the rules when it comes to proving your point. Was Trayvon Martin murdered? Yes. Was he murdered by a white man? Absolutely not. You could somehow argue racism in the trial by saying that the justice system doesn't' care about the death of a young black man. This may very well be true.
If he isn't white what is he.... Black, Asian....? Im not talking about where is family origins might have came from....or his nationality. Im saying what race is he? Not that it changes things etc....but ppl kill me with this nationality, place I was born equals what they are biologically. And ive said this so often...why does this apply with everyone except blacks?

A white person from Germany isn't white...they Germany...

A mongoloid from south korea isn't a mongoloid....they Korean...

A black person from anywhere...well hell they just a ****...

Help me understand how that works...

How does it make it more ridiculous? So because the prosecution/defense team chose the jury it takes away the fact that a 85% Caucasian dominated jury decided this man wasn't guilty of any crime?

We get it guys, George Zimmerman is a Hispanic male. There's no way a Hispanic can show racism towards another minority race. It's not about black vs white to me and in my opinion I don't think that's what people are upset about. They're upset that a black person was racially profiled in general.

How much of the anger is focused on the prosecution? THEY were the ones presenting their arguments that obviously weren't enough to sway the jury. TO ME, it seems like there was so much grey area with the circumstances involving this case that it would be close to impossible to say w/ 100% conviction that you knew what went down that night. All we have are theories. Unfortunately, the only person who knows what happened is Zimmerman. :smh:

"I want to know what makes people angry enough to attack someone the way Trayvon Martin did. I want to know if it is true, and I don't know if it's true, that Trayvon Martin was looking to procure firearms, was growing dru.. marijuana plants or was making 'lean' or whatever he was doing. I want to know that every minor, high schooler that would be reaching out in some way for help and they may feel it's by procuring firearms or whatever it is they may be doing, that they have some kind of help."

Sounds like he's been brainwashed by the defense. Someone need to tell him the trial is over. No need to kick TM's family while they're down.

How much of the anger is focused on the prosecution? THEY were the ones presenting their arguments that obviously weren't enough to sway the jury. TO ME, it seems like there was so much grey area with the circumstances involving this case that it would be close to impossible to say w/ 100% conviction that you knew what went down that night. All we have are theories. Unfortunately, the only person who knows what happened is Zimmerman. :smh:

I'm not angry at the prosecution. I feel like they did enough to prove that George Zimmerman was guilty of a crime. Do I think that crime was 2nd degree murder? No. Manslaughter? Absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom