R.I.P Trayvon

This is the question I've had about this case and I want someone to answer it.

Given Zimmerman's past and the way he described Trayvon while on the phone, do you really think he approached Trayvon in a non-threatening way?

This whole Trayvon swung first deal is a dumb *** argument.

If a weird man is following and approaches you and more than likely threatens you what the hell are supposed to do?

Dude is in a car so where are you really going to run?

I put "at night" because it's referenced by many who support GZ to include Juror B37 and used as a defense of why TM was "suspicious," for walking around at night slowly in the rain with a hoody. I know what time it was, they were about to watch the A.S.G

And all that precluded the flight is perhaps relevant because the question is whether or not following and pursuing someone makes you the provocateur and thus precludes you from claiming self defense. 2nd degree would still be an overcharge though, but I wouldn't have GZ walking around free like dude did nothing wrong either. The law or its implementation is pretty flawed in this case

Last edited:
Ok, since we're obviously not going to talk about our President's words on this situation.

How do ya'll feel about the protests tomorrow?

Personally I'm not going because I think the protests are less about political action and more about Instagram, but I don't mind it either.

I know they're gonna mess up a lot of traffic, though. Looks like a lot of UMvC3 and torrents for me tomorrow lol.

Seriously, though. Enough about whether or not Zimmerman is guilty. The verdict is the verdict. This is getting out of hand. It's the exact same things being said again and again on both sides in this thread. People are just playing around with the emotions of others and we're all feeding into at the expense of any real conversation past how we feel about a verdict that was passed and will not ever change.

There are way more things we can be talking about in this thread. Like the presidents speech, the opportunism some of these organizers are exercising, any possible new revelations White America may or may not have come to, any personal stories tha pertain to the trial, etc.

Just, ******g stop. Stop now.

By law Zimmerman had a right to shoot him since trayvon was the physical aggressor

Just wish Zimmerman got hit with a lesser charge for instigating the situation by following him...

The law needs to either be abolished or corrected...

And how in the hell do we know this for sure?

Everybody has yet to answer this question. Just because he had less physical injuries (besides the obvious gunshot wound) doesn't automatically make him the aggressor.

I've seen PLENTY of people initate fights and then get laid out cold. How is everybody so sure Zimmerman didn't initate the fight, get his *** kicked, then reach for his gun like a *******?

If y'all know something I don't know, please tell me. I only saw proof that Zimmerman was LOSING the fight, I haven't seen anything (besides his story :rolleyes) that PROVES Trayvon started it.

Last edited:
It blows my mind that the person who has been previously charged with violent felonies is assumed to be the passive party but the person with no history of violence is assumed to be the aggressor.

But yeah this ain't about race :lol:

Last edited:
exactly, where were all these rope a dopes when da trial was on tv for weeks..ol johnny come lately ******.....

if they would've been seeing da trial from da BEGINNING they would've known da facts were HEAVILY in zimmerman's favor and da prosecution

aint a have snowball's chance in hell for a murder rap, then they tried to pull that last minute child abuse charge and da judge threw it out cuz it

was ridiculous.

self defense is self defense....PERIOD #factsonly

trayvon doesn't hit zimmerman and he's still alive today #factsonly

zimmerman had a LEGAL gun on him #factsonly
tupac-hit-em-up-o.gif

Dude I going to stay ridin on your dumb ***
These facts you keep talking about are only from Zimmerman( who changes his story more then a one year old),..
So basically you are saying that the next time somebody follows me while I am minding my damn business I should just turn around, let them accost me and just let them do what they want???smh
The only facts anybody should pay attention to is dude got out of his car for no reason, even if the operator asked him what "Trayvon" was doing, stay your *** in the car, let the cops deal with it.... Second if you so damn scared, why are you running towards trouble, you live in New York, so you telling me when you are chilling in the hood and dudes run up on you with that burner, you try to have friendly conversations instead of running... Your logic is flawed and obviously I can tell you have a vagina because I don't know what dude doesn't try to defend themselves from a stranger, or you thoroughly lack common sense or even street knowledge... And to keep talking about race baiters, you are obviously doing the same to get a raise out of people because you have some serious self hatred towards yourself... We do not live in a utopian, race free society, I am so tired off people shouting from a soap box that this isn't about race... Come to the south and experience this perfect cultured racism, I bet you wouldn't last a week... Lets all keep it one hunnait, everybody is prejudice/place stereotypes on each other . This dude says "I hate when THEY get away with this, ******g punks", being a man of color pigment, you know what people mean when they say THEY, kill all this noise that this wasnt based on race, until you walk in any nationality that has a dark or moderate color tone and feel the stares when you are in an affluent community, store, being followed, sized up a night when you are just trying to get groceries, I suggest you get out of that bubble and shut up....

Last edited:
I've been really hesitant to post in this thread because from what I've read it seems pretty confrontational, but I have a few thoughts I want to share.

I think the dialogue surrounding this case should revolve more around gun violence and the right to use deadly force that holding a firearm gives an individual, both legally, and I think even more importantly, psychologically, during an altercation. In a fight, when someone like Zimmerman is at his most irrational, frightened, racially biased, inexperienced, whatever, it's only too easy for him to turn to a lethal recourse. 

I feel like discussion about this gun-oriented "right to retaliate" mindset reaches beyond this case in a more productive way than a lot of the racial back and forth that seems to dominate this thread, but I'm not surprised. It's an inflammatory topic. 

I've been really hesitant to post in this thread because from what I've read it seems pretty confrontational, but I have a few thoughts I want to share.

I think the dialogue surrounding this case should revolve more around gun violence and the right to use deadly force that holding a firearm gives an individual, both legally, and I think even more importantly, psychologically, during an altercation. In a fight, when someone like Zimmerman is at his most irrational, frightened, racially biased, inexperienced, whatever, it's only too easy for him to turn to a lethal recourse. 

I feel like discussion about this gun-oriented "right to retaliate" mindset reaches beyond this case in a more productive way than a lot of the racial back and forth that seems to dominate this thread, but I'm not surprised. It's an inflammatory topic. 
and it should be, thats the only honest way to talk about race

I agree about the trigger happy cops.

Especially in DC. I got a feeling something's bound to pop off. It's a mostly black city with the white population some of the worlds richest and most powerful. Cops are stupid aware of who they need to protect and look out for. We all remember how chaotic this past St Patty's day was, yet they straight up cancelled the Carribean day parade/festival and now its in Baltimore.

By that logic, you think that the meaningless namecalling and flaming going on in here is productive. I can't agree with that at all.

I agree about the trigger happy cops.

Especially in DC. I got a feeling something's bound to pop off. It's a mostly black city with the white population some of the worlds richest and most powerful. Cops are stupid aware of who they need to protect and look out for. We all remember how chaotic this past St Patty's day was, yet they straight up cancelled the Carribean day parade/festival and now its in Baltimore.
ill be there
pimp.gif

By that logic, you think that the meaningless namecalling and flaming going on in here is productive. I can't agree with that at all.
no i dont think it is productive but it is necessary.  in order to generate meaningful discussion, any and all rationale for such nonsense must first be eliminated.  Only when you show the fearful that there is nowhere to hide, and that they must face their insecurities will they really feel the spirit of your words.

cowards should be shown no quarter.

I'm just going by what was said in court...my personal opinion? Trayvon had a right to swing but the law in Florida needs to be changed

If this happened in NC Zimmerman would be in jail

I agree, being confrontational is not the only way to talk about race.

I'm sorry you feel that it is, though, and now know why it's so hard for you to have your points be understood.
just because im confrontational, i havent bashed anyone or called anyone names.  my points are so concise as to be better understood.  i believe in the truth of my words, and that no matter how they are conveyed, the truth in them cannot be denied.

what is the demographics in FL? it seems like the only reason this law was made was to protect old white people from being terrorized by young black thugs.

A lot of you guys are missing the physiological aspect of the altercation. Yes zim was bigger than tray but when the mind realizes its fighting for its life, the sympathetic system kicks in. "Fight or flight"is no joke! One can literally become superhuman. Zim's sympathetic system did not kick in because he had the gun and his mind knew he was not in fear of his life so he got whooped on by a smaller kid.

Yes it's possible for tray to over power a bigger fatter zim.

Tray was prob on top of zim knocking his skull around due to his "fight or flight" kicking in and zim blasted on him.

End of story. Bottom line is zim racially profiled tray n he prob didn't mean to kill tray but he did so it is what it is.

How you can argue for a man who was told to retreat by dispatch is ridiculous!

I feel what you're saying, but none of those convictions have anything to do with being confrontational.

Believe in the truth of your words, but being confrontational only distracts people from the points you are trying to make. Someone can deny what you're saying whether or not you think it's possible to. Being confrontational is what gives them the opportunity or inclination to. "You had me until blank."

Man this is coming from a dude that stays saying dumb ish and back tracking, then trying to creep to other threads and act like everything is lovely and cool, like he hasn't said not one bigoted thing

Like what for instance? What has been said that was bigoted? Enlighten me smart guy.

Back
Top Bottom