R. Kelly Admits He Asked For His Mother's Hand In Marriage

I would never put Mariah or Janet ahead of R. Kelly. That's insane to me. I love Whitney but I think R goes in front of her as well. She had the better voice but he did way more.

I don't know if some of y'all don't know the amount of music he wrote for himself and other artists or if his legal issues are clouding your opinion or his music over the last few years has changed your opinion. Maybe if he died today people wouldn't be scared to put him that high.

I would never put Mariah or Janet ahead of R. Kelly. That's insane to me. I love Whitney but I think R goes in front of her as well. She had the better voice but he did way more.

Insane though? Why do we have to talk with such extremes as if I named Aaliyah or Ciara? 

and this 
 I like her, I like her, I like her
Wait, I like her too, I like her too
And her friend too, and her cousin too
And her sister, and her mother
And her, her, her
, her, her big grandma
From the hood to the ******' industry
Even the Statue of Liberty
roll.gif

top 10 all time all genres ..LMAO

Does Prince's and MJ's music on the decline change your opinion on them? Does MJ's Wizards years change his legacy?

Mariah couldn't dance or write a ****** song. She was what the label pushed hard. Great voice, strong as ****. Label knew exactly what they were doing with her. I'll never discredit her voice but as an overall artist, nah. Top producers and writers album after album.

Not sure why that evoked a laughing man from you?

No matter how you feel about HER, the R Kelly is hands-down, top Top RB is discounting the previous 50 years of black music in this country.

I do believe R Kelly is top 10.

But Janet Jackson, no. That's why I laughed

Why no to Janet?

Janet is what is an entertainer. In which she is a hell of a performer.

She came out at a time, whereperformance meant everything especially as a woman. Dancing were a part of the act. Truly in the late 80's and early 90's while music was transitioning, there weren't any new women artist crossing over or touching her outside of Paul Abdual.

Janet sex appeal and edge is what got her through. Also the fact that she's Michael Jackson's sister, princess of the Jacksons...

Her voice alone, I just don't think. IMO. Now she a hell of a songwriter. Love her music but nothing substantial.

She succeeded at the perfect timing and family name. Anything before or later and without the Jackson name, she would have just been another artist in the wind.

In terms of overall talent. ...performing...singing....writing....playing insteuments etc.....kells is DEFINITELY up there.

I dont see how thats arguable.

Top watever or watever is just opinions tho.

In terms of overall talent. ...performing...singing....writing....playing insteuments etc.....kells is DEFINITELY up there.

I dont see how thats arguable.

Top watever or watever is just opinions tho.
but you just stated an opinion of your own and acting like it's a fact

but you just stated an opinion of your own and acting like it's a fact

I said "hes definitely up there" in terms of performing....writing...producing......

If it were a fact i would have been more specific.

I didnt say top " " "greatest" etc

Where does Longevity play into this as well? I hated Black Panties and think its an awful attempt at trying to stay relevant, but as of 2014 he was still going gold off of his albums in this climate. 

But I should of clarified, in my book he's the goat 
laugh.gif
 writes, sings, performs, produces, and does it for me, in an elite fashion that is just superior than anyone else ever, really. 

But that's because there are songs from his that I just hold in such high regard that I couldn't possibly say anyone else is better.

Another aspect of it is what you like.

If u love r&b then you may very well consider him the "goat" singer songwriter.

But...u may not like bob dylan....or david bowie...but someone else who is a fan might think those guys are the goat singer songwriter.

Thats why the "out of all genres" answer holds no weight with me.

Theres great musicians period.

Back
Top Bottom