R4 Shox?

:nthat: heavy rotation
20180909_132620.jpg

I had these back in the days. They were sort of weird.

For some reason the specified part of the shoe was much wider (at least half an inch) than any other shoe I had then. It sort of bothered me when looking at them from above on-foot (and some other angles), but only years later I found out how big this difference actually was by comparing them to other Nike runners.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't remember them running particularly large but you still had a lot of space in the toe area, it always looked there was too much material that caused heavy creasing and the material bulging up, as can be seen on this used pair.

s-l16002.jpg

And the cushioning: yes they were comfortable but in a different way than AMs from that area. It felt like there was a square shape as the cushioning unit. I guess as long as you walked perfectly straight they were fine, but if you walked slightly sideways, the shape always made that the shoe tilt back to straight again (not sure how to explain it in better words).

s-l16003.jpg

So is shox making a comeback? I remember 2004-2008 everyone had a pair of shox. So uncomfortable. I still got a pair of 2:45, and some retro nz

Just got my R4's in. Verdict: very nice. Fit TTS length-wise, slightly tight width-wise. Considering going 0.5 up. Anyone that wants my size 11 DM me.

Shox are essential sneakers for european guys! The NZ runner was still in heavy production just a few years over here, so it's not really a comeback but the R4 is pretty cool too, I'll be sure to get them!

black/silver just popped up on snkrs for a 2/1 release.....what's sizing like on these?!?!

Back
Top Bottom