Race Relations in the United States - Let's Dialogue and Educate

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

THE FAME wrote:

What people intiated the construction of a race based caste system?

the wealthy

What race of people benefit the most from this racial categorization?

see above

Through-out recorded history what race of people have committed the most atrocities based upon the subjection of another outside of their race?

this is impossible to calculate but i presume that an ideology of superiority to other races has always existed at some point in time for the majority of races on this planet as an instrument of control. 
What race of people have the most to lose at the removal of a racial supremacist infrastructure that entraps humanity?

Every elite class, which exploits racism to perpetuate the status-quo and maintain the current socio-economic structure

Do people understand that racism cannot just be forgotten? 

Ironically, isn't that what keeps it alive as well? 

Do people understand that racism has played a valuable role in the political-economical-social reality of the world as we know?

Absolutely. Imo people know that either consciously or subconsciously.

Do people understand that in order for racism to be trully revoked from society its gonna take more than a smiling gesture at a stranger of another ethnicity?

I think it should start with economic equality. 

Do people understand that the practices that implemented racism must be undone? As in meaning the laws, policies, and economical practices that uphold one people over another must be throughly abolished?

The people who have the power to do so, are the ones who will lose the most from it. This change will not come from inside the system by their doing imo.

Do people understand that if racism is revoked then we must also revoke the apprasial of anybody whom ever supported racial superiortiy?

Yes, but passing laws will not change the group consciousness of society. At most, it will make it less conspicuous.
...and what are these Isis papers? *Googles*

Question, how did the elitist class of society become elite? Has race always been a benefactor of their isolation?
I agree with your sentiments half-heartly but we must remember that even before the economical system of capitalism, the color caste race system has been into play. 
The infrastructure of class and the politics  and economics that uphold its self-preservation is just simply a by-product of the xenophobic condition that we know as racism. As far as your answer to the most comittied atrocities, we know that in almost every recorded example, the phenotypical traits that were subjected for whatever reason are held in common, the most
well known would be "dark skin" under the subjection of a more "transparent colorless tone" i.e. white (albinism). If we were to look back in history and take accordance of
race based issues we can commonly narrow down the antagonism between two collective groups, "Whites" & "Non-Whites", "Whites"being the benficary of the complex
of race today, and the fact that on every continent on this planet, in the culture of all civilized people, the white image has been graphed through colonialism can contest for that.
Hardly anywhere in this world is the white image displayed (advertised) with the lowest attributes of character that were created to diminsh the image of the "Non-white".

Even if we were to break down the wealth gap in this country today and pinpoint these "elitist" we would come to the same conclusion. They are mostly if not entirely "White".

The first color caste system that came into being around 2000-1500 B.C. initiated by a people known as the Aryans, a branch of Indo-Europeans which broke off from the great
migrations out of the ice of Europe in the 2nd millienum B.C. In the tounge of these peoples "Sanskrit" Aryan means "noble one", their word Varna is synomonous with caste and color. For these people taught religiously through Brahmanism, an admixture of the indigeous religions and their own mental distortions, that the color of a person skin would tell what class functioning theyare to occupy. The God Brahma was anthromorphized and from head to feet, the color code was implemented, at the top white and at the bottom black. The Whites were considered to be the priest-hood, the unquestionable class of their society, the blacks were the "Sudras" meaning the slaves. This is just one classic example of racism and its origins and of whom initiated what practices and benfited the most. Even before the contempary applications that we see today even existied. To learn more historically start from here......

Originally Posted by natisfynest

IMHO, yes. I cant count how many times I have heard people say they dont like black people "because they are loud" or white people "because they are nosey"and so on. Which the only thing I can come up with is pure ignorance. How can you hate someone because of something so simple? There are a lot of things I dont agree with or like but I dont hate a whole entire ethnicity because of it.

It's pretty simple... it's because it's what we are taught.

Just like religion, our education, political stance, racism is what we're taught. It's a tool to divide and conquor and nothing more than that.

The only way to fix it, is for everyone to see and accept the truth. We are people, humans, a species and we need to realize that soon.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Question, how did the elitist class of society become elite? Has race always been a benefactor of their isolation?
I agree with your sentiments half-heartly but we must remember that even before the economical system of capitalism, the color caste race system has been into play. 
The infrastructure of class and the politics  and economics that uphold its self-preservation is just simply a by-product of the xenophobic condition that we know as racism. As far as your answer to the most comittied atrocities, we know that in almost every recorded example, the phenotypical traits that were subjected for whatever reason are held in common, the most
well known would be "dark skin" under the subjection of a more "transparent colorless tone" i.e. white (albinism). If we were to look back in history and take accordance of
race based issues we can commonly narrow down the antagonism between two collective groups, "Whites" & "Non-Whites", "Whites"being the benficary of the complex
of race today, and the fact that on every continent on this planet, in the culture of all civilized people, the white image has been graphed through colonialism can contest for that.
Hardly anywhere in this world is the white image displayed (advertised) with the lowest attributes of character that were created to diminsh the image of the "Non-white".

Even if we were to break down the wealth gap in this country today and pinpoint these "elitist" we would come to the same conclusion. They are mostly if not entirely "White".

The first color caste system that came into being around 2000-1500 B.C. initiated by a people known as the Aryans, a branch of Indo-Europeans which broke off from the great
migrations out of the ice of Europe in the 2nd millienum B.C. In the tounge of these peoples "Sanskrit" Aryan means "noble one", their word Varna is synomonous with caste and color. For these people taught religiously through Brahmanism, an admixture of the indigeous religions and their own mental distortions, that the color of a person skin would tell what class functioning theyare to occupy. The God Brahma was anthromorphized and from head to feet, the color code was implemented, at the top white and at the bottom black. The Whites were considered to be the priest-hood, the unquestionable class of their society, the blacks were the "Sudras" meaning the slaves. This is just one classic example of racism and its origins and of whom initiated what practices and benfited the most. Even before the contempary applications that we see today even existied. To learn more historically start from here......

That's great that you know your history, but you don't think the "elites" do too? They took this tool, and ran with it. Slavery has been a part of our pathetic human nature in every culture for as far back as people can go in time. Egyptians (blacks) had slaves that were... Egyptian. African tribes enslaved other african tribes. Whites enslaved whites and so on and so forth.

It's all bull *%%*. Race, culture, blah blah blah, who gives a *%%*. The only thing that matters is that we are all people. Forget the past. Find the truth and move forward.

"They" know we won't ever let it go because it's all they continue to cram down our throats. On tv, in our media, in our education system. It's all a design to keep us divided.

You think "they" give a @@%% what color skin you have?

Only color they see is green, baby.

And that's clearly what us flawed "99%" see as well depending on what you mean by whites being the "benificary" of the complex.

I dont really agree with that, I was never "taught" racism.

Don't look into the word "taught" as you formally being shown to hate this race or hate that race.

By taught, I'm saying by the media, by what you read. They pick and choose what they show you and teach you to keep "racism" alive.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

THE FAME wrote

Good post. And ima post later my theory regarding that indian cast-system structure posted and why it was formed like that.....but i dont have enough time right now
Question, how did the elitist class of society become elite? Has race always been a benefactor of their isolation? 

Of course race is a benefactor especially if people of the same race hold most of the power in society. Therefore race is a factor but perhaps not THE factor. 

I often wonder if the roles were historically reversed, would it be the other way around? If not, would that imply that "whites" and "non-whites" are innately different in nature with whites having a proclivity towards subjugation of races they deem inferior?

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Don't look into the word "taught" as you formally being shown to hate this race or hate that race.

By taught, I'm saying by the media, by what you read. They pick and choose what they show you and teach you to keep "racism" alive.
Now that I can totally agree with. Racism is used just like sex, to sell. They put a racial spin on something and it becomes mass hysteria, which then causes more news stories to report. Yes there are crimes committed based on race but I dont think as many as they make it out to be.

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

Now that I can totally agree with. Racism is used just like sex, to sell. They put a racial spin on something and it becomes mass hysteria, which then causes more news stories to report. Yes there are crimes committed based on race but I dont think as many as they make it out to be

Race relations are bad because there is a profit incentive to keep it bad.

I would argue that segregation is worse now than it ever was even with the jim crow laws. In the 40's and 50's white and blacks lived in separate communities by force. Today white flight is voluntary. White's still don't like to live amongst blacks. Voluntarily deciding to leave your town to live in a more "white" town is worse than forced segregation in my opinion.

Originally Posted by rashi

Sad but true. You know what really urks me. That a fro or curly hair is a no no when going in for interviews. if you're a black or Hispanic woman one of the 1st tips you'll get about interviews is always straighten your hair when you go into an interview. "it makes you look more professional". No it doesn't. If your natural hair texture is curly, why would that make you less employable? That in and of itself is degrading. It's like the "whiter" you make yourself to be the better your chances are at life.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by rashi

Sad but true. You know what really urks me. That a fro or curly hair is a no no when going in for interviews. if you're a black or Hispanic woman one of the 1st tips you'll get about interviews is always straighten your hair when you go into an interview. "it makes you look more professional". No it doesn't. If your natural hair texture is curly, why would that make you less employable? That in and of itself is degrading. It's like the "whiter" you make yourself to be the better your chances are at life.
completely agree.  there's something definitely wrong with the world when it's socially unacceptable for a black woman to wear her hair the way it grows out of her head
could you imagine if things were the other way around, and white women were expected to chemically treat their hair to make it have an afro texture?

I think it is more to do with presenting yourself neatly not really a racial thing.
but the concept of "presenting yourself" is to a white standard.....yeah i said it.

So brushing your hair and looking presentable is a white thing?
So natural curls isn't presentable to you? So woman with natural curly hair by default are at disadvantage from birth Your true colors are showing

no, being forced to chemically straitening your hair to be considered "presentable" is the problem.
tumblr_m1okampjK01roc34do2_500.jpg

her hair isn't "unkempt" or "unbrushed" that's how it naturally grows from her head and it's really well taken care of.

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

no, being forced to chemically straitening your hair to be considered "presentable" is the problem.

her hair isn't "unkempt" or "unbrushed" that's how it naturally grows from her head and it's really well taken care of.
My point exactly. Who's to say curly hair can't be groomed or brushed? She looks beautiful in that pic!!

So natural curls isn't presentable to you? So woman with natural curly hair by default are at disadvantage from birth Your true colors are showing
Not at all but looking like you just woke up and walked out the door without touching your hair regardless of "color" does. My true colors? Why because I ask a question about up keep and being presentable? You're reaching.

What people intiated the construction of a race based caste system?
What race of people benefit the most from this racial categorization?
Through-out recorded history what race of people have committed the most atrocities based upon the subjection of another outside of their race?
What race of people have the most to lose at the removal of a racial supremacist infrastructure that entraps humanity?

Do people understand that racism cannot just be forgotten?
Do people understand that racism has played a valuable role in the political-economical-social reality of the world as we know?
Do people understand that in order for racism to be trully revoked from society its gonna take more than a smiling gesture at a stranger of another ethnicity?
Do people understand that the practices that implemented racism must be undone? As in meaning the laws, policies, and economical practices that uphold one people over another must be
throughly abolished?
Do people understand that if racism is revoked then we must also revoke the apprasial of anybody whom ever supported racial superiortiy?
Y'all don't hear him though!!

Originally Posted by newmoanyuh

Well yea being forced to chemically alter your hair is about as dumb as being asked for your facebook log in I agree with that. Her hair looks fine IMO. But I bet she didnt just wake up and walk out the house with her hair looking like that. 

Not at all but looking like you just woke up and walked out the door without touching your hair regardless of "color" does. My true colors? Why because I ask a question about up keep and being presentable? You're reaching.
But you agree that presentable hair is straight hair. And that is where we take issue with you. Reaching? Nope, just calling it as it is.

Despite having these beautiful curls, this girl here would be advised to straighten her hair in an event she was attending an interview.

I have always wondered this: I'm a mixed man my mother is white and my father is black what race am I suppose associate with? It's almost funny how neither race accepts me lol. It's as if I'm too dark for the whites and too light for the blacks

A couple weeks ago my homie's girl wanted my homie to send her a pic of one his friends so his girl could put him onto one of her friends. After my homie's girl sent the pic to her friend her friend replied with "he's real cute BUT I don't deal with light skin men because they're nothing but trouble". My jaw dropped at that reply.

Back
Top Bottom