Race Relations in the United States - Let's Dialogue and Educate

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Do black men feel jealous of white men?
Do white men feel jealous of black men?

I would like to see what peoples thoughts are to these questions

I think there is jealousy both ways.
*This is my opinion so don't flame me, and I don't mean to offend anyone*

I believe black men are jealous of the "white privilege" that white men have.  The ability to not be profiled by police and to live in a America were you don't always have to prove you're innocence.

I also believe there are white men who are jealous of the perceived "coolness" of being a black man.  Imitate how we talk, dress, music, etc.

That's just MY thoughts though, I'll gladly discuss any parts about what I said, I aint trying to offend nobody or screw up the thread though..so save the arguments.
I dont like the word jealousy, but at the moment I cant think of another word. Like, white people can walk into a store and not have somebody bug them every 5 seconds about something. Like if I want some help, Ill ask, or ex. going into a nice establishment and being stared at. Im not really jealous of white people being able to do certain stuff unimpeded, I just am more disgusted at society that its even an issue that since Im not white I may be up to no good.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

To understand the phenomena of racial subjection we must look back to the origins of this mentality, manifesting out of the resourcefully disadvantaged, harsh, cold climate of the Northern Hemisphere, consisting of lands farthest from the equator of the earth, with dimished amount of sun exposure. This was the location in which the mental sentiments of racism/xenophobia towards neighbors and strangers was harnessed. The ecological pressures lead to a deprivation of life maintenance, endorsing a culture which pitted man against man, each hoarding, thieving, and conniving for his own survival.

Biologically speaking if Africans were placed in Europe, and Europeans were placed in Africa, then Africans would become Europeans, and Europeans would become Africans.
laugh.gif

Get it? It would be the Africans who would be "White" due to the decrease in the prodcution of the skin enzyme Tyrosinase which is the precusor to melanin, and the Europeans would be "Black" due to the consistant amount of sun exposure and the increased production of melanin to absorb and ionized the otherwise harmful electromagnetic componets of sunlight.
The same would apply as far as the natural mentality of these groupings of people. Its would simply be flipped into the same. We would still have "Whites" subjugating "Non-whites" along with other "Whites" of the lower castes.

while an interesting thought, and I do feel as highlighted by guns germs and steel that geography has it's motivations, but that is still highly simplistic thinking that you just mentioned. 

Care to pinpoint and explain further?

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Do black men feel jealous of white men?
Do white men feel jealous of black men?

I would like to see what peoples thoughts are to these questions

I believe black men are jealous of the "white privilege" that white men have.  The ability to not be profiled by police and to live in a America were you don't always have to prove you're innocence.

I also believe there are white men who are jealous of the perceived "coolness" of being a black man.  Imitate how we talk, dress, music, etc.

That's just MY thoughts though, I'll gladly discuss any parts about what I said, I aint trying to offend nobody or screw up the thread though..so save the arguments.
I dont like the word jealousy, but at the moment I cant think of another word. Like, white people can walk into a store and not have somebody bug them every 5 seconds about something. Like if I want some help, Ill ask, or ex. going into a nice establishment and being stared at. Im not really jealous of white people being able to do certain stuff unimpeded, I just am more disgusted at society that its even an issue that since Im not white I may be up to no good.

I hate to break it to you; I'm white and when I go to "nice establishments" I get "stared at" and followed and harassed by employees.  I'm semi-young and don't dress the part of a person who is "established."  But what "they" don't know is that this hoodie, denim, sneaker wearing "creep," worked his +*% off and put himself through school and is an electrical engineer.  I've gotten looks since a kid growing up in one of the barrios of SoCal.  I think "non-whites" find it easy to pass things off as a color thing, but I know it is deeper than that... it comes down to the presentation of a person as "white" in "culture."  I know many "well assimilated Mexicans" that demand mass respect in the "white community" because they play the social game.  Truth is, the only color that matters is GREEN!  It makes me sick seeing thread after thread on NT complaining about the "white man" and how "easy we have it."  To that I gotta say that if "minorities" think it is that easy, then they don't understand "white culture" as much as they think "whites don't understand minorities."  I say this in every thread, "I know I shouldn't be posting here."  But, the stereotypes that NT likes to pass off on your white brothers couldn't be farther from the truth.  And if there is a special "free pass" that white people get; I never got mine in the mail.  Life sucks, barriers exist, we make the most of it, better the lives of our children, then we die. 

@ 8tothe24: you are right about one thing. green is the only color...if you benefit from white privilege. Please stop acting like you know what it's like to be a minority. You are making a choice to wear what you wear but you can blend in and would blend in (clothes wise/ presentation) if it came to you making those greenbacks.

Please don't play games in here and talk to us like we don't know. I respect your POV tho.
smile.gif

Obama's hate crime law was signed in 2009, which makes it a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her sexual orientation, gender identity, or race.

Last week, the first person to be sentenced under this law was Deryl Dedmon, sentenced to two concurrent life sentences for killing a black man in Mississipi.

But, could you guys ever see a black person being charged for a hate crime against a white person? Do you think this would even be possible to prove in a court of law?
Is it possible for the "majority" to be a victim at the hands of the "minority"?  If not then isn't that injustice as well?

Originally Posted by cap1229

@ 8tothe24: you are right about one thing. green is the only color...if you benefit from white privilege. Please stop acting like you know what it's like to be a minority. You are making a choice to wear what you wear but you can blend in and would blend in (clothes wise/ presentation) if it came to you making those greenbacks.

Please don't play games in here and talk to us like we don't know. I respect your POV tho.
smile.gif

I appreciate your POV as well, but I stick with my pov that it is easy for others to say what they want about whites.  I know it is FACT that minorities were/are treated different than whites, but I also know it is fact that whites that aren't "society whites" are treated different than "whites."  My choosing to wear what I want labels me as a position within society.  And I make enough greenbacks to live a nice life, I just refuse to change who I am as a person and who I was raised to be.  And those who judge me look "beyond my skin" and judge me based on their assumptions as to who I am as a character.  And I never claimed to know what it was like to be a minority; I am just stating... don't act like minorities know what it is like to be white as well; you can't make one statement without realizing it goes both ways.  Despite what you might hear, it ain't peaches and cream being Caucasian.  And the stereotypical "Protestant White Man" doesn't apply to every individual with "peach colored skin," believe it or not, some of us white-boys look ethnic.  I still pay my bills, wonder if my boss has it in for me, wonder if I'm gonna get laid off because someone doesn't like the way I look, etc.  I'm not playing games; games are for people that think opinions and POVs are one-way streets and that they can't be expressed from an opposing POV from the one that a certain individual has.  Games are for those that assume that others don't know what their lives are like but in turn make stereotypical assumptions as to what the others lives are like.  NT likes to challenge societies views of minorities, and I counter challenge NT to realize that who you are told is your enemy/oppressor is a lot more complex than you think it is.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

I often wonder if the roles were historically reversed, would it be the other way around? If not, would that imply that "whites" and "non-whites" are innately different in nature with whites having a proclivity towards subjugation of races they deem inferior?

To understand the phenomena of racial subjection we must look back to the origins of this mentality, manifesting out of the resourcefully disadvantaged, harsh, cold climate of the Northern Hemisphere, consisting of lands farthest from the equator of the earth, with dimished amount of sun exposure. This was the location in which the mental sentiments of racism/xenophobia towards neighbors and strangers was harnessed. The ecological pressures lead to a deprivation of life maintenance, endorsing a culture which pitted man against man, each hoarding, thieving, and conniving for his own survival.

Biologically speaking if Africans were placed in Europe, and Europeans were placed in Africa, then Africans would become Europeans, and Europeans would become Africans.
laugh.gif

Get it? It would be the Africans who would be "White" due to the decrease in the prodcution of the skin enzyme Tyrosinase which is the precusor to melanin, and the Europeans would be "Black" due to the consistant amount of sun exposure and the increased production of melanin to absorb and ionized the otherwise harmful electromagnetic componets of sunlight.
The same would apply as far as the natural mentality of these groupings of people. Its would simply be flipped into the same. We would still have "Whites" subjugating "Non-whites" along with other "Whites" of the lower castes.

While i agree with this argument, there are other places in the world where so called white vs non-white racisms has manifested. We have countries like china, india, japan, nations in south america where the ruling elite class was always a shade whiter than the indigenous or darker people. For example, japanese geishas painted their faces white to look more attractive, chinese tradition taught people to avoid the sun at all costs (ive seen it first hand smh) to look paler, we see similar situations in india: look at all the skin whitening products they sell now. Now i believe this goes back farther back to a time before they made contact with the europeans. 

I said i would mention my theory and its fairly simple, here goes: Way back when you had the ruling class and the worker classes in every society. Working in the sun made the working class' skin darker, while the ruling class was fed grapes in the shade of their mansions
laugh.gif
. Years went by and it was generally accepted that the wealthy ruling class looked "whiter" when compared to the unfavorable working class. Of course, people were inclined to "mimic" the ruling class, because as we have mentioned, "white privilege" exists and being on the same page certainly adds to your social status and upwards mobility, even if you're not as wealthy as the elite. Now, to solidify their elite status, the "whites" incorporated or altered certain religious idologies to their needs, which would justify their rule. Whether its divine right, blood lines, aliens came down and picked me etc. whatever. The people ate it up because the ruling class did in fact look different in comparison to the "regular people" and they must have thought that it was  because they were "appointed by god." Not to mention the fact that they already had the power and money to enforce these ideologies and beliefs onto the people.

To keep it short, I wouldnt say that the cause of all race relations on the planet but thats a major factor that has been deeply ingrained in the mind of society since pre-history and exists to this day. Call it the "Worker's tan theory" 
laugh.gif

apologize for any mistakes but i was typing fast.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I often forget how lucky I've been to live my entire life in Oakland/Berkeley. I used to be hella naive and just thought everywhere in America was like it is here.
Speak on it.
It's kind of hard to explain. But reading the replies in this thread and race threads in general on NT, life experiences in other parts of CA, experiences just 15 miles east on the other side of the hills, it's hard to explain but it's just different here.

edit:

All that said, it's not that different. I originally made the comment because I was thinking about how as a black man here I just have to deal with less $*%% than I would in other places.
I think I understand what you're getting at. I'm from Texas, but I grew up in a hispanic/black neighborhoods for all of my life. My graduating class of 700 people had maybe 3 to 5 white kids who I didn't know, and there was so much diversity indian, pakastani, ethopian, liberian, egyptian, spanish, etc in my neighborhood and I was never really exposed to white people, basically then I came to Austin and was like 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 where my people at? I really think that environment has sheltered. I went from being surrounded by black people to being the one black kid in many classes, clubs, etc. such a huge reality check.

I wanted to honestly know where did racism start first, who started it? If there is a God do you guys think that he is the biggest discriminator of all? not all people have the same features, the same abilities, etc, did HE know what he was doing when he created man?.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

I hate to break it to you; I'm white and when I go to "nice establishments" I get "stared at" and followed and harassed by employees.  I'm semi-young and don't dress the part of a person who is "established."  But what "they" don't know is that this hoodie, denim, sneaker wearing "creep," worked his +*% off and put himself through school and is an electrical engineer.  I've gotten looks since a kid growing up in one of the barrios of SoCal.  I think "non-whites" find it easy to pass things off as a color thing, but I know it is deeper than that... it comes down to the presentation of a person as "white" in "culture."  I know many "well assimilated Mexicans" that demand mass respect in the "white community" because they play the social game.  Truth is, the only color that matters is GREEN!  It makes me sick seeing thread after thread on NT complaining about the "white man" and how "easy we have it."  To that I gotta say that if "minorities" think it is that easy, then they don't understand "white culture" as much as they think "whites don't understand minorities."  I say this in every thread, "I know I shouldn't be posting here."  But, the stereotypes that NT likes to pass off on your white brothers couldn't be farther from the truth.  And if there is a special "free pass" that white people get; I never got mine in the mail.  Life sucks, barriers exist, we make the most of it, better the lives of our children, then we die. 
GREEN matters but people can't see your bank account.  You know the first thing a person asks when they knock on the door of a nice house and a Black person answers the door?  Is the owner home?  Because a Black person just could not own a nice house.  Just one example  but it is life as a minority in this country.

Originally Posted by natisfynest

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by natisfynest

So brushing your hair and looking presentable is a white thing?

Are you suggesting that black people who grow their hair naturally arent presentable especially when it is well taken care of? It sounds like you're saying in our natural form we arent presentable to society, but with some changes like perming our hair and bleaching our skin to become acceptable to.society. Ill pass.

The only response you will get to this statement is WOW

Thats alright I wasnt expecting anything better.

Originally Posted by ObeahMyal

Seems to me like thediscussion has gone off on a tangent with this heavy emphasis on hair texture.In any event I have a few thoughts on race relations in the unitedstates. 

The OP was right topoint to the 13th amendment and the 3/5ths compromise as pivotal moments in thehistory of race relations in this country. I would also add that the failure ofReconstruction(1863-1877) was not only in the Freedmen’s Bureau’sinability to effectively redistribute 800,000 acres of which they controlled,but also rested with the actions of northern industrial capitalists whoresisted all attempts to seize and redistribute the private property of treasonous,rebellious Confederate planters. Despite the heroic efforts of Thaddeus Stevens,moderates in the Republican Party rejecting the idea of redistributing the veryland that black peoples made valuable. Although suffrage was granted tofreedmen, economic liberation never materialized. We still live in a world inwhich the sanctity of private property is the fundamental meaning of Americanfreedom. The deficient land ownership among African Americans explains whyblack American’s median income is the lowest of major U.S. ethnic groups. Checkout W.E.B. Du Bois’ Black Reconstruction in America for more on land, labor,and race relations.
Thanks for mentioning Reconstruction. It's principal failure was that it created a huge amount of resentment between ex-Confederates and Southern blacks. Once Republicans, the military and carpetbaggers left the southern states alone, it pretty much set the stage for bitter former slaveholders and rebels to strike back and regain control through violent means.

Sometimes it's funny to hear Republicans talk about how they freed the slaves (not even mentioning the huge paradigm shifts between the parties then and now), but the abandonment of southern blacks by the Republican party at that time may have caused just as many problems.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by blakep267

Like I said, I'm in no way trying to start out a long drawn out argument on NT.
I do understand the point you're trying trying to get at.  However, its backed by statistics by the Dept. of Justice that African-Americans are twice as likely to be searched during a traffic stop (even though we're NOT more likely to use or possess drugs). We receive longer sentences for the same offenses as whites, and are less likely to get are charges dropped.  These are just facts relating to the "justice" system.

So I'm not saying white people have a "free pass" because I know that's not the truth, I'm just saying y'all deal with a lot LESS bullshhh than we have to, no matter class/income level. Can you at least somewhat agree on that?

Respect tho.

Most productive thread idea I've seen on this forum, respect to the OP. Most won't admit it or some are too embarrassed to say they come from homes that are privileged or disconnected from minority affairs.
I'll be honest, it wasn't until college and courses in Urban Studies was I aware of how detached and oblivious I was to the problems of African Americans in particular. It's not that I didn't care or was racist, it's just I felt I didn't have a reason to and it was their problem not mines. Blacks don't realize no one can do anything about your problems but your community, most whites don't live there or have a reason to clean up the streets of the ghetto. Again I'm not being racist, I'm just being a realist.

I grew up in Manhattan, I live in one of the boroughs now. But who was I to care who was shot, killed, raped, over-dosed in what low income housing project (Not saying this is just a black issue or all blacks live in the ghetto). It wasn't my neighborhood, and if I knew BACK THEN what I know now how could I have helped? Walk in the Pink Houses and protest? Become a vigilante and attempt to make a citizen's arrest in the projects? (good luck with that 
laugh.gif
).

All I can really do is advocate tolerance, and a better understanding about blacks to people within my own race. Ultimately (and you hear it all the time), blacks0 have to want better for themselves and it's no way to say that without it being a generalized statement or blanketed statement. Blacks have to create a network, community and better opportunities for each other before the rest of the world takes notice and respects it. I believe the Black Power Movement of the 60's and 70's was a success until it became diluted with drugs and hypocrites. 

Believe me when I say this Asians, Jewish (people not religion), and Hispanics all have a community based system that benefits their people and ultimately the rest of the world benefits from. There's always a Chinatown in every city or Jewish club for entrepreneurship. In white communities there's neighborhood watches for (pedophiles and kidnappers, etc) they work together with police to give leads and keep THEIR neighborhood safe. Which in turn boosts the property value and makes it a more desirable neighborhood, which creates new jobs and work forces.

Anyone who isn't black really can't do this for blacks, it's up to individuals to make a stand for your future generations. 

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Most productive thread idea I've seen on this forum, respect to the OP. Most won't admit it or some are too embarrassed to say they come from homes that are privileged or disconnected from minority affairs.
I'll be honest, it wasn't until college and courses in Urban Studies was I aware of how detached and oblivious I was to the problems of African Americans in particular. It's not that I didn't care or was racist, it's just I felt I didn't have a reason to and it was their problem not mines. Blacks don't realize no one can do anything about your problems but your community, most whites don't live there or have a reason to clean up the streets of the ghetto. Again I'm not being racist, I'm just being a realist.

I grew up in Manhattan, I live in one of the boroughs now. But who was I to care who was shot, killed, raped, over-dosed in what low income housing project (Not saying this is just a black issue or all blacks live in the ghetto). It wasn't my neighborhood, and if I knew BACK THEN what I know now how could I have helped? Walk in the Pink Houses and protest? Become a vigilante and attempt to make a citizen's arrest in the projects? (good luck with that 
laugh.gif
).

All I can really do is advocate tolerance, and a better understanding about blacks to people within my own race. Ultimately (and you hear it all the time), blacks0 have to want better for themselves and it's no way to say that without it being a generalized statement or blanketed statement. Blacks have to create a network, community and better opportunities for each other before the rest of the world takes notice and respects it. I believe the Black Power Movement of the 60's and 70's was a success until it became diluted with drugs and hypocrites. 

Believe me when I say this Asians, Jewish (people not religion), and Hispanics all have a community based system that benefits their people and ultimately the rest of the world benefits from. There's always a Chinatown in every city or Jewish club for entrepreneurship. In white communities there's neighborhood watches for (pedophiles and kidnappers, etc) they work together with police to give leads and keep THEIR neighborhood safe. Which in turn boosts the property value and makes it a more desirable neighborhood, which creates new jobs and work forces.

Anyone who isn't black really can't do this for blacks, it's up to individuals to make a stand for your future generations. 
I agree.
The biggest problem with black folks is when we become "successful" a lot of us flee to majority white neighborhoods to live and spend our money there.  Other groups don't do this nearly as much as we do.  I'm not at all promoting segregation, but I think it really becomes a problem when a lot of the successful and educated blacks move as far away from their own people as possible.  

Like I said, I'm in no way trying to start out a long drawn out argument on NT.
I do understand the point you're trying trying to get at.  However, its backed by statistics by the Dept. of Justice that African-Americans are twice as likely to be searched during a traffic stop (even though we're NOT more likely to use or possess drugs). We receive longer sentences for the same offenses as whites, and are less likely to get are charges dropped.  These are just facts relating to the "justice" system.

So I'm not saying white people have a "free pass" because I know that's not the truth, I'm just saying y'all deal with a lot LESS bullshhh than we have to, no matter class/income level. Can you at least somewhat agree on that?
Respect tho.

I wasn't trying to argue and will agree with what you just said.

laugh.gif
).

I agree.
The biggest problem with black folks is when we become "successful" a lot of us flee to majority white neighborhoods to live and spend our money there.  Other groups don't do this nearly as much as we do.  I'm not at all promoting segregation, but I think it really becomes a problem when a lot of the successful and educated blacks move as far away from their own people as possible.  
I agree with everything except the moving to "white" neighborhoods part. I think people of a lot of groups move to the nicer areas of a place regardless of race and it just so happens those areas might have more white people in them. I don't know for sure but in a city like Atlanta where it's a lot of successful black people I'm pretty sure they are staying in nice areas with mostly black people. I think that's where black people get things confused at. 

laugh.gif
).

Good post but some points show that you still are detached and oblivious to what goes on in the black community.
Blacks don't realize no one can do anything about your problems butyour community
Nothing personal at all but it absolutely makes my blood boil when I hear this line from whites. It just reeks of arrogance and a false sense of enlightenment. I'm not saying this directly to or about you, I've heard this line from white people countless times and that's just how it makes me feel.

It's flat out wrong and honestly it's a slap in the face to the countless BLACK organizations, community groups, and individuals in every city who not only realize this but dedicate a huge proportion of their lives to doing something about the problems and issues that we face.

Ultimately (and you hear it all the time), blacks0 have to want betterfor themselves and it's no way to say that without it being ageneralized statement or blanketed statement. Blacks have to create anetwork, community and better opportunities for each other before therest of the world takes notice and respects it.
Believe me when I say this Asians, Jewish (people not religion), andHispanics all have a community based system that benefits their peopleand ultimately the rest of the world benefits from. There's always aChinatown in every city or Jewish club for entrepreneurship. In whitecommunities there's neighborhood watches for (pedophiles andkidnappers, etc) they work together with police to give leads and keepTHEIR neighborhood safe. Which in turn boosts the property value andmakes it a more desirable neighborhood, which creates new jobs and workforces.

Again, this isn't about you but in my experience it's damn near impossible for a white person to try and articulate these points without it becoming one big over-simplification that conveniently ignores the reasons why things are the way they are and fails to acknowledge hundreds of years history.

I know you weren't even implying this but the solutions to the problems black people (or any other marginalized group across the world) face isn't some quick fix that can possibly happen in the 10, 25, even 50 years because you're fighting forces and sytems that have been entrenched throughout history.

I agree.

You have to move out nowadays.  It just ain't safe in the hood when you become successful.  Back in the day, times were different, you could still live in the hood without worrying about you or your family getting killed. 

Great post Levar Burton. And I really thank you for your honesty. Because you said what a lot of people in your situation would not. Whether many will admit it or not, many don't care what's going on in lower income areas (white AND black) or simply don't WANT to know.

Ham City, in his defense, I think he's pretty much admitted that he's somewhat oblivious to a lot of our issues, but at least admitting that things are a little (lot
laugh.gif
) different, is the first step.

I actually agree with his observation regarding more community among other minority groups. We could look toward Asian, Hispanic, and Jewish communities for good examples. Look at Hollywood and its origins.

This is what this thread is all about though, being honest, exchanging back and forth dialogue amongst mature individuals. Only then will we be able to progress. If only one person reads through this thread and desires to learn something or reads a book or asks the questions and try to make a change, then it has done its job.

HAM CITY wrote:
Good post but some points show that you still are detached and oblivious to what goes on in the black community.
Blacks don't realize no one can do anything about your problems butyour community
Nothing personal at all but it absolutely makes my blood boil when I hear this line from whites. It just reeks of arrogance and a false sense of enlightenment. I'm not saying this directly to or about you, I've heard this line from white people countless times and that's just how it makes me feel.

It's flat out wrong and honestly it's a slap in the face to the countless BLACK organizations, community groups, and individuals in every city who not only realize this but dedicate a huge proportion of their lives to doing something about the problems and issues that we face.

What is it that you want me to do (as a white person)? What can I do really? False sense of enlightenment? Where? It's simply a matter of perspective, I'm not going to see your perspective because I'm not able to endure the trials and tribulations as an African-American. What's an accomplishment to you maybe normalcy to someone of another race. It shouldn't make you angry, it should be taken advantage of that you can point out perspectives I can not see. In business it's common practice to diversify the workforce for that reason alone. If you apply your accomplishments and your perception of the world to career choices you'd be an asset to any company. (this goes for any race or nationality)

Jeremy Lin, he's an average PG at best. But during Davis's absence and a few games without Carmelo he rose to stardom and accomplished feats that the Asian-American community and the rest of the world celebrates. An Asian that dominated in a predominantly black sport. Floyd Mayweather bought up a good point (quite brashly but still a good point), Lin didn't do anything that Blacks haven't been doing in sports for over 30-40 years. Is it still an accomplishment to Asians? Yes, because of perspective that's of importance to their community. Asians are generalized as short, frail, timid and academically gifted. Imagine living with that stigma your whole life. As a people Jeremy Lin disproved the stereotypes and made an important step for the Asian perspective.

Everyone has a perspective of how they see the world, the movie "Crash" is an excellent case study of everything isn't cut and dry as "black and white". Sometimes it's a misunderstanding and because YOU FEEL that someone isn't compassionate enough to YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES they're racist, entitled, or snooty. Which isn't a fair assumption. We're all people, with different types of problems.
The more we embrace that notion, the more we can help each other and eradicate petty differences such as skin color.

Back
Top Bottom