Racism iN America (esp. 4 gamers)

Ok...
So I'm a 20 year old black male and I just got into the whole online gaming thing. After  a lot of frequent gameplay, I've noticed that there are a lot of racial slurs

thrown around and often in a irrelevant way. I've encountered white males using the N-bomb as an adjective (whether they're talking to a black person or not). I was wondering

in all of this racism, does this kind of give a window on how "People" (not just in our nation) really feel??? I'm not going to say I've lived in a bubble all of my life because I've

faced dozen of prejudice events but I was still kind of shocked and hurt by what's going on out there....kinda bored and had a random though and wanted know what my

NT fam thought... 

Were you playing Xbox Live? Everyone is racist on live.

People will say anything they can when they're behind a screen.

kids think they are edgy and unique on XBL dropping the N-bomb and cursing excessively. Just ignore them.

i
dont                          know why

you                 
                  are

typing
                         like this
but it

is annoying

I encounter that all the time. Just gotta whoop them and talk a ton of trash after.

you might be racist tho?
4b615be2ccdc968d8698f9cac497b7284a9199b.jpg

ps3 online > xbox live, dudes can get they IP address found real quick talking that +!%, on ps3

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I think it's hilarious thou....i stay putting them in their places.  at the end of the day all them !+*#%+* idiots could do is call you a "______".....they get mad im an educated "_____".[/color]

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i

you                 
                  are

typing
                         like this
but it

is annoying

who's typing like that
laugh.gif

I have to admit i got racist with another gamer when he dropped the S bomb on me haha..I'm hispanic

He shut up right away when i got racist with him.

direct all this to 4chan.

everyone is a Nword in that world.

its said so much... that the word holds no weight aside from the disrespect of it not being your name.

and thats how it should be.

Racism is especially prevalent online where people have the freedom of a computer screen or video game to hide behind. Some say things just for shock value and to be "funny", while others say it because it's how they really feel and they can only get away with it online.

For me, I tend to ignore annoying people online anyway, especially if they're racist.

I wouldn't look too deeply into it. Just a bunch of prepubescent morons getting their jollies in their mum's basement. These are the same kids that cross the street when they see you walking towards them. I'm white and I mute these kids cause a)I don't want to hear it b)I don't want guests in my house to have to hear it and c)I don't want to even accidentally acknowledge some of the things that are said. In reference to the n-bomb, it definitely became more prominent with time. Initially I only heard blacks using it - and I feel confident when I say this because I knew the people using the word. Then there was a small segment of the XBL population that created accounts and played online w/the specific goal of dropping racial epithets. As w/anything else, once people recognized that saying &*#^@ would get them some attention, it snowballed. Its fairly similar to the usage pattern of homosexual slurs, the key distinction being that LGBTQs haven't been victimized TO THE EXTENT that blacks have, nor do the homosexual slurs carry as demeaning a connotation as the n-word. Those are the only two reasons that I can come up w/to isolate why its mildly acceptable (outside of NT) to use homosexual slurs out of context.

Keeping in mind that the vast majority of these kids are just kids using words that they don't completely understand, and most of the rest will not act on any genuine hatred, the problem is pretty much contained w/in XBL. The only tangible problem - and it is a well-defined and fairly troubling issue - is the fact that so many Americans have developed hard and fast hateful opinions on most demographics of society and yet have no idea why they hold these opinions and cannot formulate a decent argument to back their opinions up.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i

you                 
                  are

typing
                         like this
but it

is annoying

laugh.gif
the hell is you seeing fam?

That $%&! is mad annoying. I don't even entertain it if I hear it, because as soon as somebody says something they get into callin you unemployed, on welfare, poor, etc.
But those e-racist know that they wouldn't consider saying it to anybody's face.

ive had more black dudes throw racial slurs at me after i destroy them in UFC Undisputed so it goes both ways

I don't think those knuckle heads are even racist though. They just say stuff to be shocking and appeal to the lowest common denominator. Mute 'em.

Back
Top Bottom