Racism in Soccer in comparison to NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL....

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I would say that the number of racists in Europe are the same/less than here in the USA, but over here racists have learned to be more clever about it in public.
If you're going to make ridiculous comments like this, you should probably have some evidence to back it up.

So you're telling me there AREN'T massive numbers of racists here in the US???? Racism/discrimination here is far more subtle, but doesn't mean that it's not widespread.
That is exactly what I am saying. This passage sums it up nicely:

I have a theory that’s going to sound convenient because I’m a white male, but if the brothers who stole this book will hear me out (see, that’s a racial
joke), I will attempt to explain why it feels like there are so many racists in this society. You’re confusing a-holes for racists.
First, let’s talk about “driving while black

Racism is big in Soccer because Soccer/Football/Futbol is big in other countries.  
Like Kanye says, "Racism still alive, we just be concealing it"

Let's not forget this picture taken of the Spanish National Basketball team:

ept_sports_oly_experts-633900547-1218549565.jpg

We're just blessed as a nation to not only recognize that racism is wrong, but to take legitimate steps to keep it to a minimum.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

Racism is big in Soccer because Soccer/Football/Futbol is big in other countries.  
Like Kanye says, "Racism still alive, we just be concealing it"

Let's not forget this picture taken of the Spanish National Basketball team:

ept_sports_oly_experts-633900547-1218549565.jpg

We're just blessed as a nation to not only recognize that racism is wrong, but to take legitimate steps to keep it to a minimum.

QFT

I can't count the number of times my friends from Europe comment about how racist America is, but I always tell them at least we try to deal with racism rather than pretend it doesn't exist.

I knew Italy, Russia, and Spain were bad. It has been a topic of debate for the past decade. If I was a player I would not play in those countries. Hell, I wouldnt even live in any of those countries

dmbrhs

That article is extremely short sighted. And I don't think it supports your assertion that America is less racist than other places.

Now is America less racist? I don't know. But that passage wasn't legit.

nawlinsjunkie wrote:

Your so passive in these blatant RACIST remarks and actions of RACIST people. You strike me as a follower, meaning if "Marcelo" was killing Barcelona in a game you would chant RACIST chants towards "Marcelo" along side your fellow RACIST fans.

Its funny when people say "oh i want to visit Europe and some Asian countries one day , countries like Spain, Italy, Portugal...." For black people we have to think twice about these things were non-blacks are spontaneous in there decisions. Seeing Roberto Carlos and Samuel Eto have lynching signs, bananas thrown at them, and N WORD chants in 20,000+ seat stadiums is sick, scary, and embarrassing. Theres know justifying it by saying by saying "well there is blacks on the opposing team so Eto shouldn't feel any sort of way towards it, its a tactic to throw u off your game".    BULL $#!T!!

As i said earlier there no justifying RACIST tactics. Your a RACIST if u do this. And a RACIST to try and play it off.

I'm Black and have lived in Italy and visited Japan. Received much love.

It's not fair to judge a country based upon their sports crowds.

Imagine if a foreigner to the US went to a UFC fight, or a Raiders game and developed an opinion of the natives based upon their experiences.

Gotta be careful bro.

roboski wrote:
Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I'm Black and have lived in Italy and visited Japan. Received much love.

It's not fair to judge a country based upon their sports crowds.

Gotta be careful bro.

If your referring to what i said i think you missed my point. I never said Italy, Spain, and Japan were nothing but racist based on there sport crowds and who said anything about Japan? But this is a sport forum and when u have hundreds of skin heads and neo-nazis attending games chanting and throwing bananas theres no sugar coating it, its RACIST. Im not IGNORANT to call a whole country racist. 

Its funny when people say "oh i want to visit Europe and some Asian countries one day

Japan is still in Asia right?  Or did someone pull a Pluto?

And I'm not disagreeing with your total thesis.

I'm Somali. My uncle used to live in Italy, Czech Republic, and Holland. Everywhere he went he had to deal with some sort of racism. I could only imagine him going to a soccer game when there are large numbers of people who feel protected because they are in numbers.

You are WAAAYYYY wrong about the Spanish fans. When RCD Espanyol were playing Barca in a rivalry game, they were chanting racist things to their goal keeper as well as Eto'o. Racist fans NEVER NEVER NEVER let up on a black player because he is on their team. Anyone who is colored is fair game. Don't give me that %#*%+%%* about getting into a players head, because they could chant something else, it's just that racism is almost completely accepted in Europe because they never had a civil rights movement.

I can't find a link but during the Arsenal pregame today on ESPN it was good to see all the EPL managers %$@%%%*$ on the idiot known as Sepp Blatter.

Back
Top Bottom