Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's kind of like w/Black Cinema and major black films.

Why we always gotta be getting whipped and in serious roles? Like We can't be in silly roles like white people?

Kind of like w/Rap. Rap's the biggest genre in music right now. It's evolved to having multiple genres, some of which are light and silly. We can have some silly stuff too, or "Low Hanging fruit." It all works. At the end of the day, the only guys moving real units in Rap...are the guys who rap. It really hasn't changed all that much. As Rap becomes more popular in coincidence with social media, you'll have a greater chance to hear the "Bad." But you'll also have a greater chance to hear a ton of "Good" too.

That's a bad comparison cuz a lot of these new silly _'s are the equivalent of slave entertainment for the mainstream.

Nobody is saying we can't have club music but it goes overboard when there's little balance.

That's a bad comparison cuz a lot of these new silly _'s are the equivalent of slave entertainment for the mainstream.

Nobody is saying we can't have club music but it goes overboard when there's little balance.

Who controls the balance tho cause it damn sure ain't the artists themselves :lol:

Also, what's the females role in all of this?

They're major consumers of rap and we all know for the most part they not really into breaking down similes/double entendres and ****.

Who controls the balance tho cause it damn sure ain't the artists themselves :lol:

Also, what's the females role in all of this?

They're major consumers of rap and we all know for the most part they not really into breaking down similes/double entendres and ****.

We know who controls it :lol: but I'm still holding these silly _'s responsible for what they choose to make.

Of course females play a huge part. That's why Cardi B is shinning and has opened to door for more thotties to shine that have little or no talent.

37289508-7205-4FCF-A1C2-877AEF89A638.jpeg

Says this yet makes Boom Boom boom

I kind of understand what Will I Am is saying but him being the messenger hurts the validity of his point. Phonte echoed these same sentiments on twitter a few days ago, he's someone whose words would hold more weight on this subject especially considering that he's not from New York. What we need to do is hold a mirror to the media cause while their are still skilled MC's out their these publications/shows dont seem to give them the same amount of attention that they give to everyone else.

Its like a select few they focus on and thats it.

Don't want to hear LA ***** and "fly" in the same sentence again.

Can't knock the truth breh, "LA ****** fly"

And ****** not wearing Trus like that. Not since like '08-'10. They opened one at one of our biggest malls recently. It's pretty much a clearance store.

I kind of understand what Will I Am is saying but him being the messenger hurts the validity of his point. Phonte echoed these same sentiments on twitter a few days ago, he's someone whose words would hold more weight on this subject especially considering that he's not from New York. What we need to do is hold a mirror to the media cause while their are still skilled MC's out their these publications/shows dont seem to give them the same amount of attention that they give to everyone else.

Its like a select few they focus on and thats it.

Phonte definitely a better messenger I just like feel like this is one of those topics you really can't even do justice on Twitter or with short lil comments.

**** is so multifaceted its like aight how much time you got/where you wanna start :lol:

If dudes don't see that the bar is low now to get on it's nothing else to talk about. :lol:

_'s get offended cuz this is the era they started listening to hip hop, it's what they know. It's still a good amount of good artist out here but the bar is at it's lowest.

Let's say the bar is at the lowest, it's expected. Being "put on" now is much easier than it was back then so of course more "bad" artists are going to get some shine. That can't be helped. If everybody has access to a platform (social media) that contains millions of people is going to far outweigh the process of selling CDs out ya trunk around your city from back then.

I don't think the bar is at the lowest because the bar isn't a gate that keeps artists out that aren't good enough, it's a grade. I'd say the focus has shifted from skill to entertainment. But either way, with the access to custom music that we have now, if there's an artist that you don't like there's a way you never have to hear them: stream the music you like.

Hip hop has become monetized and now that the world sees how much money there is to gain, the soul of the genre is being ignored. But that's the cycle of music. This is just the period of time that people have figured out the "cheat code" to getting a hit and tryna get that bag and will worry about longevity later.

It's kind of like w/Black Cinema and major black films.

Why we always gotta be getting whipped and in serious roles? Like We can't be in silly roles like white people?

Kind of like w/Rap. Rap's the biggest genre in music right now. It's evolved to having multiple genres, some of which are light and silly. We can have some silly stuff too, or "Low Hanging fruit." It all works. At the end of the day, the only guys moving real units in Rap...are the guys who rap. It really hasn't changed all that much. As Rap becomes more popular in coincidence with social media, you'll have a greater chance to hear the "Bad." But you'll also have a greater chance to hear a ton of "Good" too.

Black cinema should be more than a man in a dress doing the same thing over and over.

People also had a problem with that and wanted more and wanted our people to have higher standards.

Problem is some ppl thought that rap music was never gon change...these type of ppl expected to hear the sounds of 96 in 2046, they cant understand/deal with it :lol: :smh:

Did you believe this when you typed it or did you just want likes and people would be quick to like this bull****.

If you're older you've already experienced evolution within rap.

The issue is how it's devolved.

There are no rules.

It doesn't matter if you bite.

It doesn't matter if you write.

It doesn't even matter if you're saying words and make sense.

That's what people have a problem with.

Did you believe this when you typed it or did you just want likes and people would be quick to like this bull****.

If you're older you've already experienced evolution within rap.

The issue is how it's devolved.

There are no rules.

It doesn't matter if you bite.

It doesn't matter if you write.

It doesn't even matter if you're saying words and make sense.

That's what people have a problem with.
Aww Man u got me, the jig is up ! ...now add a like to that post too :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom