Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Why is she "1000% Hip-Hop" culture? Srs, I really don't know.

She's not black, and has on multiple occasions went out of her way to basically say she isn't black and say other colorists' comments, no?

That is a lie, i've heard her actually speak on dominicans trying to deny being black before.... either way she clearly states she's Dominican/ West indian. The way she dresses, the slang, growing up in NYC streets, her getting her name up in the NYC strip clubs, the crew of ****** she rolls with. They are all direct influences of hiphop culture, albeit maybe not the most positive influences she's def representative of hip-hop culture in a whole. if i look at Cardi B i could tell hiphip culture played a huge part in her upbringing & culture.

That Other chick seems like the type who wasn't around any of that, got infatuated with youtube & started to act a certain way.

I honestly don't know how to look at all these certifications that artist are getting now. It could work both ways.

1) All these years bootlegs/illegal DL's weren't accounted for & hurt someone's plays. I would say Illegal DL have slowed down a lot due to streaming & the easyness of just opening tidal or youtube & getting the music rather than having to search the web for a download
2) the opposite direction is before a sale meant a lot more in terms of support because you really had to dedicate your money & time to purchasing a record. Nowadays it takes you no cash & one click to listen to a song. Hell the person streaming the song may be using someone else's log in information. Joe brings it up all the Time but someone like Nicki constantly boasting that stat over Arethas doesn't hold much merit because it's way easier to get your song played under these new guidelines.

Streaming is great for the artists and labels. Terrible for the LiveMixtapes and Datpiffs of the world though. Free mixtapes are dying....

That is a lie, i've heard her actually speak on dominicans trying to deny being black before.... either way she clearly states she's Dominican/ West indian. The way she dresses, the slang, growing up in NYC streets, her getting her name up in the NYC strip clubs, the crew of *****s she rolls with. They are all direct influences of hiphop culture, albeit maybe not the most positive influences she's def representative of hip-hop culture in a whole. if i look at Cardi B i could tell hiphip culture played a huge part in her upbringing & culture.

That Other chick seems like the type who wasn't around any of that, got infatuated with youtube & started to act a certain way.

I see what you're trying to say but you're acting like there isn't hoodrat white girls out there. :lol:

It's the same **** bro. You don't know anything about ol girl upbringing at all. Besides what we've seen on doctor phil

Then the angle shifts and you see this ___ just posing with the stoneface for a different camera :lol:

That and "You aren't. You're not even a kickback" when Ak was talking about Party were funny.

Man got so red :rofl:

Don't know if Cardi writes her rhymes or not, but there's a CLEAR difference btwn her and that nutty lil White chick & that's that Cardi B is 1000% of hiphop culture. Even before she ever made a track you could tell that hiphop helped shape her. That white girl just clowning pushing this image to try & get the bag.

Cardi B that ya'll see now is EXACTLY the same Cardi B from years ago :lol:

Yeah. Cardi is a hood chick with a big personality from the Bronx. This lil girl is just another white girl doing her wanna be black thing. She'll probably be doing a disney movie in 2 years.

Oddly enough THIS is what joe was talking about & Kodak was smart enough to do it. Why wouldn't you use this opportunity to gain more & exposure of something that was loosely based off your style anyway. Hop on the remix to Bodak Yellow & draw more interest to the original song by doing a part 2.

Basically this is the premise of your argument

Cardi is black
Cardi older therefore has had more time to strip and thot her way to the top (I guess you can call this putting in work)
Cardi grew up in the hood

The outcome is the same. Foolishness.
Im not denying ol girl white priveldge getting her a record deal. But you acting like foolishness is exclusive to black folks :lol: apparently only we can exemplify real stupidity and when white people do it it's fake stupidity

I see what you're trying to say but you're acting like there isn't hoodrat white girls out there. :lol:

It's the same **** bro. You don't know anything about ol girl upbringing at all. Besides what we've seen on doctor phil

I'm just gonna go with the thought that the 14 yr old white girl from florida who appeared on Dr. Phil .... hasn't been through the experiences or even had the opportunities to be effected by hiphop culture the way Cardi has......

I honestly don't know how to look at all these certifications that artist are getting now. It could work both ways.

1) All these years bootlegs/illegal DL's weren't accounted for & hurt someone's plays. I would say Illegal DL have slowed down a lot due to streaming & the easyness of just opening tidal or youtube & getting the music rather than having to search the web for a download
2) the opposite direction is before a sale meant a lot more in terms of support because you really had to dedicate your money & time to purchasing a record. Nowadays it takes you no cash & one click to listen to a song. Hell the person streaming the song may be using someone else's log in information. Joe brings it up all the Time but someone like Nicki constantly boasting that stat over Arethas doesn't hold much merit because it's way easier to get your song played under these new guidelines.
With streaming pretty much every project is going at least gold

Cardi is black
Cardi older therefore has had more time to strip and thot her way to the top (I guess you can call this putting in work)

Im not denying ol girl white priveldge getting her a record deal. But you acting like foolishness is exclusive to black folks :lol: apparently only we can exemplify real stupidity and when white people do it it's fake stupidity

Who said foolishness is exclusive to black people? It's a lot of dumb poor white people in America that don't act like her.

This lil girl is clearly putting on her ratchet hood act. Same way how Iggy goes in and out of voices. Same **** Miley Cirus was doing. If you cant see that, really ain't nothing else to talk about.

Oddly enough THIS is what joe was talking about & Kodak was smart enough to do it. Why wouldn't you use this opportunity to gain more & exposure of something that was loosely based off your style anyway. Hop on the remix to Bodak Yellow & draw more interest to the original song by doing a part 2.

"Loosely based"??

Cmon man :lol:. Cardi even went out her way to name the damn song after Kodak Black. I think it's much more than "loosely based"....more so derived and heavily influenced. But I'm talking to TyDefendNY....so I know what time it is.

Cardi is black

your comprehension skills are way off beloved. simply put the subject matter of her music, her image, her lingo are all highly representive of the culture she grew up in, the hood she grew up in, the people that she has been around. Also despite Cardi B absolutely displaying foolishness she does absolutely speak the truth about things she's experienced & doesn't sugarcoat it. I've constantly seen her talk on the negatives of stripping, or the dangers of relying on men. Cardi's main draw from day one was her honesty & her being relatable to women of all walks of life.

This lil chick ran away from her moms a couple of times & is out here talking like she's Remy Ma, not to mention EVERYTIME i see her it's something negative or reaching for a headline... if you can't see the difference in these two, then we honestly shouldn't converse on a lot of things rap related.

I'm just gonna go with the thought that the 14 yr old white girl from florida who appeared on Dr. Phil .... hasn't been through the experiences or even had the opportunities to be effected by hiphop culture the way Cardi has......

How do you know though? You're saying it's impossible for her to be affected by hip hop in 2017? Like I said does she have to wait 3-5 years and then go strip in Florida and let the whole broward county run through her first?

Makes no sense.

Who said foolishness is exclusive to black people? It's a lot of dumb poor white people in America that don't act like her.

This lil girl is clearly putting on her ratchet hood act. Same way how Iggy goes in and out of voices. Same **** Miley Cirus was doing. If you cant see that, really ain't nothing else to talk about.

That's basically what he's saying. There are poor black girls that don't act like cardi b either.

Why does her ratchet foolishness have to be an act but when a person of color do it it's them being "real" or being true? lol

The problem is there's a certain way this conversation goes that makes this behavior seem like a positive thing.

"But Cardi b really stripped and got passed around the hood" therefore it's ok for her to act the ******ed way she does

"But Cardi be really came up from the Bronx" so the foolishness is ok basically :lol:

ONE IS 14

ONE IS in her twenties(?)

You expect cash me outside be in interviews talking about "yeah don't let men take advantage of you" :lol:

You think cardi b was doing that at 14 too?

"Loosely based"??

Cmon man :lol:. Cardi even went out her way to name the damn song after Kodak Black. I think it's much more than "loosely based"....more so derived and heavily influenced. But I'm talking to TyDefendNY....so I know what time it is.

My ***** what else do u want, she gave the ***** all the credit in the world..... She took the ****** flow, beats are completely different, energy is completely different & for one reason or another more people gravitated towards her song... So yes loosely based. Should i be giving the Geto Boys full credit for anything that happens with Transporting?

Why is she "1000% Hip-Hop" culture? Srs, I really don't know.

She's not black, and has on multiple occasions went out of her way to basically say she isn't black and say other colorists' comments, no?

Saying you're dominican doesn't mean you're dying you're black.

A lot of dominicans not named @ninjahood acknowledge it. And describe themselves as Afro Latino.

And you don't have to be black to be hip hop. Latinos were there Uptown in all aspects, B-boyin, DJin, graff.

My ***** what else do u want, she gave the ***** all the credit in the world..... She took the *****s flow, beats are completely different, energy is completely different & for one reason or another more people gravitated towards her song... So yes loosely based. Should i be giving the Geto Boys full credit for anything that happens with Transporting?

Relax....I'm just f'n with you :lol:.

But there I have seen some people try to pretend like they do these the resemblance :nerd:. It's not about giving "full credit"....but it's important to not downplay the origin of the song.

Cardi B more than did her part.

How do you know though? You're saying it's impossible for her to be affected by hip hop in 2017? Like I said does she have to wait 3-5 years and then go strip in Florida and let the whole broward county run through her first?

Makes no sense.

That's basically what he's saying. There are poor black girls that don't act like cardi b either.

Why does her ratchet foolishness have to be an act but when a person of color do it it's them being "real" or being true? lol

The problem is there's a certain way this conversation goes that makes this behavior seem like a positive thing.

"But Cardi b really stripped and got passed around the hood" therefore it's ok for her to act the ******ed way she does

"But Cardi be really came up from the Bronx" so the foolishness is ok basically :lol:

As i stated earlier we probably shouldn't discuss these things if you can't tell the difference in authenticity between Cardi B & that meme.

Makes no sense.

Son you just be all over the place with your post. Lol it's no surprise you think like this. Again who said this behavior is ok?

Cardi is clearly authentic to who she is

The lil girl is clearly another white girl acting how she thinks is cool

All this other **** you saying is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom